Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Dear gottaluvme, sorry, I have medicare, i did have to have a apnea test even though i was already diagnosed and using a machine. good luck to you.
Gottaluvme,

I have been on the C-Pap machine for about three years now, and BC/BS did not require me to have another sleep apnea test for my upcoming banding. I guess it all depends on your insurance and/or doctors.

I have United Health Care, didn't need a sleep study but then again UHC would not pay for my surgery and I had to do self pay.

Thank you Bandofgold,MaryD and Long2bThin for your response. Like Mary said, I'll just have to wait to see what my insurance company says. I'm just glad I'm back in the running for the Band. Thought I didn't have a 5-year history of BMI over 35 but my dr's ofc gave me the wrong info and it turns out I do! Not sure if my insurance co requires one or two co-morbidities so that could be another problem but at least I know my bariatrics ofc will fight for me now. I can't understand why the insurance company would want to pay $4K for the apnea test when they just payed for it two years ago. Is it the surgeon that requires it or the insurance co?

Hope you are all doing well with the band. Long2bThin, I'm sorry to hear about your other surgery. Can't recall now if you already had it or are going to, but I'll keep you in my prayers either way. :thumbdown: Gottaluvme

Edited by gottaluvme

Hi 50s group. Sounds like everyone is coming along okay. Long, good job on weight loss. Don't worry about Gallbladder surgery. It is almost exactly like lap band. Well my good news is I weighed today (Wed) and have lost 25 lbs. :thumbdown::thumbup::rolleyes:. I am thrilled since I have not had a fill yet. For the last few days though I have been queezy. Don't know what is causing that but don't like it. This 50s group is great.

Beckyo:tt2:

I never told anyone in my family that I was banded...3 months ago...we've never even discussed it! (We do not live in the same area.)

I will see my sister in NY this Saturday! I am excited and I hope she is supportive. The rest of the gang will find out too. I am a little nervous. She'll want to know why I couldn't do it myself. I will tell her to remember the dozen times I did do it myself...only to regain and gain some more.

Down 48 lbs. so far--30 some to go! The hard work is so worth it!

Hi all, I haven't posted for awhile, but I have been reading. I went for my fourth fill on Monday and after discussing things with my surgeon, we decided to wait a couple of more weeks to see if I'm ready for a fill then. I had been having a few episodes of food getting stuck so we both thought it might be a good idea to wait and see if those issues get better before trying for another fill. I've already scheduled for my next appointment for August 11 and already think I need that fill now.

I see where a bunch of you are having trouble updating your ticker. Well, I was too and I'm going to share with you the secret to updating your ticker. I found this on another thread yesterday. Once you follow the steps that I'm going to post, make sure to bookmark the link so you can just go directly to the link to update your own ticker. Here ya go!

Click on your "USER CP"

see it over there on the right > > > > under Member's area? :redface:

Then

Click on "EDIT SIGNATURE"

see it over there on your left < < < < < under "Your Control Panel" :thumbdown:

Then -

Right click the scale/graph/thingy and :crying:

Then -

select "open link"

and the ticker site should come up

And enter your new weight :rolleyes:

Good luck everybody!!

Thin2bme

I wrote that several days ago but I see that it got buried in the thread pretty quickly. :thumbup:

Another fast fix -

Hover over the ticker thingy

Right click

and that should bring you to the update site - ready to enter your new weight. :biggrin:

Meanwhile

Has anyone "heard" from Orea15???? :angry:

And someone else had surgery yesterday as well

The ticker seems to be working properly now, I just clicked on my ticker and it took me their website. Don't they realize we really rely on that ticker and they need to keep it working. :biggrin:

YA-HOO!! Have a date for the colonoscopy! One of two last step to getting my LB date!! The second thing I need to do is log on to a web site/video my Dr. wants all his patients to view.

Now, if only I could get the ticker tap thingy working!!

DARN!! Nothing works.

Edited by MyTurn
update "change ticker" effort

Good evening, nifty fifties!

I got the call from my dr's office today. I am scheduled for gall bladder surgery next week!! EGADS!! Friday Aug 8th. I'm not quite as excited this time. :biggrin: But I will be happy to have it behind me. It's almost 2 mos to the date since my banding. I will have it at the same hospital, same surgeon. Been there done that!! Said I will probably go home same day too. Three small incisions this time and he can probably use 2 of my previous ones. No preop diet, just nothing to eat or drink after 10pm the night before. Here I go again! He also said he'd be checking out his 'handiwork' while in there (the band) so guess I will have reassurance all looks good there.

It's been a while since we have heard from Indio and Phyllser. I hope they had a wonderful trip and are working those bands!:biggrin:

Edited by BeverlyDiane

Good evening, nifty fifties!

I got the call from my dr's office today. I am scheduled for gall bladder surgery next week!! EGADS!! Friday Aug 8th. I'm not quite as excited this time. :biggrin: But I will be happy to have it behind me. It's almost 2 mos to the date since my banding. I will have it at the same hospital, same surgeon. Been there done that!! Said I will probably go home same day too. Three small incisions this time and he can probably use 2 of my previous ones. No preop diet, just nothing to eat or drink after 10pm the night before. Here I go again! He also said he'd be checking out his 'handiwork' while in there (the band) so guess I will have reassurance all looks good there.

15_10_6.gif I hope allis well with you, I can't imagine going back into surgery so soon, but i'm sure you'll be fine and you'll get peace of mind that your band is o.k.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Long: Good luck with your gall bladder surgery. Since you are having it done by the same surgeon that did your band, I know you will do well with it.

Again, I am in awe of how well everyone is doing.

Sadly, I had a big slip-up....:cursing: Craving ice cream and found that Blue Bell no sugar Mooo bars are low carb and yummy....ok, I can have one occasionally and that worked out ok. Then the greedy part of me wanted regular ice cream, so I found Blue Bell no sugar added banana Split ice cream.....hmmmm, same carbs and calories, ok, I bought some. In only 3 sessions, I managed to eat the entire half gallon! I felt ashamed and sick (and it wasn't all entirely psychological). Now I know that "slider" foods aren't always just Haagen Dazs or Ben & Jerry's....even allegedly low carb foods can be dangerous for me. So if I want ice cream, I refuse to buy it in anything more than single serve portions (for some reason, I can ignore the rest in the freezer, until it is reasonable to have another treat).

I'm still doing the low carb plan, but rather sheepishly now....sigh....

Nancy

Hey, Don't beat yourself up too much....I just ate a chocolate cookie my daughter made, because they looked SO good. It happens, and we move on. Less for supper today for me!!! :-)