Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Thanks Phyl for the information on the free animation. I will go over there and take a look at that and see what funny stuff I can come up with:biggrin:

Beckyo

Lit Bit

Thats the reason I got banded to was to extend the years I have left.

hey indiago

even though i am scared to have surgery (when i had surgery once they told me that they had a hard time waking me up) it helps having you guys here and hearing all of your encouraging stories. i am just petrified of being put to sleep even though i have had about 6 surgeries. i guess i just have to trust the guy above and believe everything will be okay

Janet---GREAT PICS!!!! I especially like the 3rd, 5th and last ones but they are all very nice. I can’t wait to get to the point you are at with buying new clothes. Today I did go out and FINALLY broke down and bought just a few new outfits even though I’m not at goal weight. I have to go to 4 professional events in the next 6 weeks and had nothing proper to wear. When I went in to the fitting room to try on the clothes ---I could not quite believe it. Now I’m excited because I’m dreaming of the day that I reach my goal like you. You GO girl!!

hey indiago

even though i am scared to have surgery (when i had surgery once they told me that they had a hard time waking me up) it helps having you guys here and hearing all of your encouraging stories. i am just petrified of being put to sleep even though i have had about 6 surgeries. i guess i just have to trust the guy above and believe everything will be okay

Little bit - this was my 2nd surgery - my 1st was gallbladder 23 yrs ago and I was petrified of that one - this one I wasn't too scared.. I really wasn't I don't know why - but I wasn't - but when I 1st woke up - I said wtf have i done - I don't like pain - but heck they had good pain meds and it didn't last long... Yep just talk to the man upstairs - He will keep watch over you - Hugs..

Janet---GREAT PICS!!!! I especially like the 3rd, 5th and last ones but they are all very nice. I can’t wait to get to the point you are at with buying new clothes. Today I did go out and FINALLY broke down and bought just a few new outfits even though I’m not at goal weight. I have to go to 4 professional events in the next 6 weeks and had nothing proper to wear. When I went in to the fitting room to try on the clothes ---I could not quite believe it. Now I’m excited because I’m dreaming of the day that I reach my goal like you. You GO girl!!

Dedemona

Thanks... The problem is with losing this weight and having a job where you have to dress is that you have to buy clothes as you are going down in size - I spend $$ on each size and that changes about evert month or so - but you are proud and want to show off your new body - so I bought stuff but nothing too expensive and was able to give them to my gf's when they didn't fit anymore...

My lucky 7 girls will tell you I am a shopper - I was shopping at least once a month for new clothes..

hey indiogirl55

been over at some other sites getting some receipes. they have some pretty good ones.

are the sites that have animations that you can download "safe" my son throws a fit when i down load things, he always thinks its going to mess up my computer

hey indiogirl55

been over at some other sites getting some receipes. they have some pretty good ones.

are the sites that have animations that you can download "safe" my son throws a fit when i down load things, he always thinks its going to mess up my computer

Smiley Central (google it - and then down load it )

23_11_60.gif

My computer hasn't crashed !!! So I think it's safe - I had it for a long time now...

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

36_19_2.gif

i am getting very nervous!!!! i was on another site and a lady said she had to have an open incision with her lap band because of some scarring from previous surgerious. i also have some scarring. i absolutely do not want an open incision!!!! i guess i will have to wait and see what the doctor says.

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS

36_19_2.gif i am getting very nervous!!!! i was on another site and a lady said she had to have an open incision with her lap band because of some scarring from previous surgerious. i also have some scarring. i absolutely do not want an open incision!!!! i guess i will have to wait and see what the doctor says.sig.jsp?pc=%5Bobject%20Object%5D&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS

For right now.... stay away from any sites where the "nay sayers" hang out. You can always find horror stories.... I know it's important to educate yourself as to what "could" happen, possible complications, etc., but know that those are few and far between. It is very normal to worry and be nervous, but try to keep a positive attitude. The risks of NOT doing something about your excess weight far outweigh the risks of what "might" happen. Stay excessively overweight and you can guarantee you will be facing life threatening health issues, not to mention mobility issues. I know all about those! I'm only half way to my goal, but I'm so thrilled to be able to climb steps without huffing and puffing. And I'm walking so much better.

It's wonderful and I couldn't be happier! Funny story.. just happened within the last hour. I went over to RiteAid on my scooter.... when I get the rest of this weight off I will be walking over there..... and was using my credit card to check out. Cashier asked if she could see my ID & said she knew my photo was on the back. So she turned it over and said, "Oh, my! What happened to it?" So, I told her it was kind of faded (from taking it in & out of my wallet), so she wanted to see something else. So I gave her my driver's license & told her "this is worse... I've lost a lot of weight since then!" So she was pretty amazed & we had a good chuckle over that. Then she wanted to know more... she never talked to anyone who had lapband surgery before. Had to end it when we noticed a line had built up behind me! So, I guarantee you, you will not be sorry.

Relax... everything will be fine!

23_15_12.gif

Littlebit, you will be very happy with lap band. I was scared also but now I am great and listen to Phyl, shes right dont look at all negative on this issue because there is way way way more positive. :lol:

Beckyo:thumbup:

I have my surgery scheduled for 10/6/08. I will see the doctor again on 9/23/08 for my pre-op and to begin the pre-op diet. I am a little nervous, :crying:but ready to get it done. I did ask my surgeon if I was the oldest person he had ever done the lap band on, he laughed and said, ...definitely not... :cursing: I am really hoping that this will work for me. I was thin when I was younger and have just gained more and more weight over the years. I also have co-morbidities of high BP, high cholesterol, and sleep apnea.:lol: Wish me luck with the pre-op, the surgery, and the hunger afterward. I am really dreading the liquids only for such a long time.

mimi, How long do you have to do the pre-op diet? I was hoping to get my band the first of Oct., but don't know if it is going to work out. I have an appt. with the surgeon Friday so hope to find out then. i would love to join you in having it the 6th. of Oct.

Going to be out of town Monday thru Wednesday nite, so this week should go fast, and then hopefully a date for banding. Have a good week everybody. Maggie:shades_smile:

[/url] 36_1_11.gif  hey phyllser and bochs!!

thanks for the pep talk. i needed it.

36_33_8.gif 

i am a type A personality. i worry about everything. i am a stresser.

the doctor said i need to learn how to chill . ha ha i think i can handle the lap band surgery okay, i just don't want to be cut on. maybe i'll be lucky and i won't have to be. need to pray a lot. i also have a fear of being put to sleep and not waking up. i guess as one of my sons say, if it's not my time then i won't go. i know, i have issues!!!

i need to stay on this site where everything is positive and stay off the others.

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS

I had the same concerns as you about the surgery. I even told my surgeon when he came in before the surgery that if he couldn't place the band laproscopically that I didn't want it at all and NOT to do an open surgery. He said he was glad I had told him that and that he wouldn't do an open surgery. Thankfully all went well and he was able to place it laproscopically. I don't know what I would have done if I had woke up and didn't have a band. Guess I never really expected there to be a problem. I did the same thing with I had my gallbladder removed, except the dr wouldn't have had a choice then as it had to come out. It too went great and no big cut.