Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Loved tthe HAPPY PILL write up... it made my day!!!

H-E-L-P

seems I can eat almost anything most of the time, but then on occassion can eat little. going to the doctor tomorrow and think I should get a fill. any suggestions??

I have gone back to my stress eating. I know I should be able to control this, but can't.. Lots of issues with my daughters and that hits me hard.. Work is extremely stressful.. no way to control those issues..

Any help, words of wisdom, suggestions is greatly appreciated

Doctor put 1cc in my band. so liquids for a day or 2. Hope this helps. I went to another doctor in the practice, since my surgeon is so booked. I guess time will tell if this helps me at all.

Loved tthe HAPPY PILL write up... it made my day!!!

Of course it would

you have your own supply

36_1_19.gif 36_11_21.gif 36_11_23.gif 4_11_10.gif

Peeps - Peaches and I are personal friends in real life so I am just teasing her..:thumbup::lol::wub::wub:

Of course it would

you have your own supply

36_1_19.gif 36_11_21.gif 36_11_23.gif 4_11_10.gif

Peeps - Peaches and I are personal friends in real life so I am just teasing her..B):lol::thumbup::wub:

Ya baby, BESTEST FRIENDS!! Forever! :)

Ya baby, BESTEST FRIENDS!! Forever! :)

ditto gf :0) xoxo

New here and just had my surgery, Dec 1, 2009. I am doing well so far, a couple of tender spots at the entry point but good otherwise. I am so ready for something other than Clear Liquids, mostly because I am freezing. The only fluids I have that are hot are tea and broth...although I must say I am not hungry, just bored with the choices. Glad that there is an over 50 group and hope I can gain some valuable knowledge here.

New here and just had my surgery, Dec 1, 2009. I am doing well so far, a couple of tender spots at the entry point but good otherwise. I am so ready for something other than clear liquids, mostly because I am freezing. The only fluids I have that are hot are tea and broth...although I must say I am not hungry, just bored with the choices. Glad that there is an over 50 group and hope I can gain some valuable knowledge here.

I was so bored that I wound up every week, having a chocolate ice pop (the thin one) and I could not finish it but you might be able ot have one every day...ask your nutritionist :0)

To make the broths tastier, I added some aminos or you could use soy sauce.

I sucked on straws because I missed just having something to chew on.

I KNOW HOW BORED YOU ARE NOW..... before you eat... look at the Biggest Loser rerun from last night...it is all over the web and it WILL BE YOU!!!!!

Hi,

Just got back from my Dr apt. I got my 1st fill. He was reluctant to give to me as he said I am doing so well. And he, also, said to me, "When was the last time you were under 200 lbs?" I said about 20 years ago. He said in his experience, when women gets under 200, they stop counting weight and start counting sizes. I told him I had bought my 1st thing in the misses dept the other day. I admit, it felt real good. I am on clear liquid for 2 days, adn then all liquid for 2 days. I must admit, I had a 5 calorie Gelatin, and it filled me up.

been following things to the "T". had 1cc added on Monday, and getting back slow. want to try and eat how I should. I was slacking off there for a bit..

I figure or hope this 1cc will tighten me up enough to give me the feeling of fullness I have missed for so long.

Wish me luck.. All I want now is something crunchy to chew on.

Hi,

Just got back from my Dr apt. I got my 1st fill. He was reluctant to give to me as he said I am doing so well. And he, also, said to me, "When was the last time you were under 200 lbs?" I said about 20 years ago. He said in his experience, when women gets under 200, they stop counting weight and start counting sizes. I told him I had bought my 1st thing in the misses dept the other day. I admit, it felt real good. I am on clear liquid for 2 days, adn then all liquid for 2 days. I must admit, I had a 5 calorie Gelatin, and it filled me up.

I regretably, did not get the fill due to medical issues that arose. I now tell everyone to because of crisis in family...I have lost weight even though I am not exercising or doing my great walks. I should not have listened to a friend and DH who said...you do not need a fill ... you nver eat.

THIS LAPBAND Is a TOOL and I have a letter written to all my doctors and after my weigh in, in Febuary I will send it out. I can not tell you how excited I am when the weight is coming off. As for the under 200 lb thing, that is for the kids, mature woman..do want the size off but we generally are thrilled with the pounds...becasue pounds equal that number that tells us we are getting better....BMI.

Thank you, it is just so nice to know I am not alone. The idea for the broth is a good one and yes, I will try it. I have my appointment on Friday and I feel confident so here goes....thank you for you encouraging words.

Hi Folks,

I went to my grandchildren's Christmas Concert tonight.

They had a pizza party afterward. I tried pizza, it was good. It was, also, my 1st case of major PBs. I wanted to die. I did not die, but will not try pizza again anytime soon.

If you can eat it and not get sick. More power to you. Not me. It smelled so good. My husband is trying to make me feel better by telling me it wasn't very good.

I peel the top off pizza and eat that. One piece limit. Its the crust that makes you pb. I don't deny myself anything I really like. I just eat very small amounts of it at parties and don't have it in my house. I'll eat fillings that I like of pastries and ignore most of the pastry. Had the frosting and top of a cupcake today. I'm not into total denial. I really watch it most of the time. I'm not trying to lose much weight this month. Too difficult. I'm going to try to get in for another fill to help me lose the last 8 lbs to goal and then help with maintenance.

Cheri

Hi All! Joann is back today - it's been a long time since I posted. Lots of travel over the late summer and fall, DD, SIL, and the two little boys who live in Seoul were here for 2 wks in November - over Thanksgiving. SIL's parents joined us for the first week so the little family would not have to travel even more to visit with them. We had a great time, but it was a lot of go-go-go, and a lot of cooking/eating. I held to my plan pretty well, but frankly I did not worry about it too much. I am well restricted and my band just won't allow me to eat too much. I avoided the mushie and sweet foods as much as possible, as they go down too easily and can trip me up. I was up about a pound after everyone left, lost that and 2 more quickly as soon as I was watching the Protein and Water intake more closely. I DON'T have anything resembling holiday treats in the house now - it just makes it so much easier to do what I'm supposed to do and, frankly, I simply don't want them. DH and I both are in agreement on that plan! I still am losing slowly - about 4-5 pounds a month - but that is plenty fast for me. At least when I buy clothes I can figure I'll be wearing them for 6-8 weeks before they begin to slide off my body. I've been visiting the resale shops with a friend, and find them to be good alternatives for nice clothes at a bargain. Takes a little digging...

My first year bandiversary was Dec 4th. I've lost 67 pounds in this, my 67th year. Happy about that! I have learned so much about my body and how it reacts to food, and can apply that information so much more successfully. My DIL asked me what would happen when I started to eat normally again. I'm sure she was wondering how long it would be before I gained it all back, a valid concern given my past history. I had to laugh. Sweetie - this is NORMAL now. And I LOVE IT!

The question about pizza - I've been fortunate in that I have not had problems with any particular food. This can be a blessing or a curse, depending on how good or bad that food might be for you overall! I choose the thin & crispy crust, and chew VERY carefully. I also choose the more healthy toppings, primarily vegies and chicken if available. Limit is 2 smaller pieces and I usually eat less than half the second, as I am full. I don't eat it often (3 or so times in the last year), but I like it and don't feel it is a good idea for me to turn completely away from foods I really like. I believe deprivation has led to over indulging for me in my past life. I'm confident my band and my resolve will allow me to enjoy treats occasionally.

Cheri - you are so close to goal! Congratulations on your success! You have done a great job. I have not taken the time to go back many pages to catch up on everyone - but saw Lynn's posting about her fill. You have really done well, Lynn - I hope the extra cc will be just what you need to feel back on track. I have 7cc now - my last two fills were 0.5cc in June and 0.5cc in late September. I have had good restriction with both of these. My next appointment is in January - don't know if I will need it or not as right now I feel I am where I want to be. I'm getting so used to this whole thing I don't think about it much.