Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Feel Free to fart Frequently.

Wish i could more than i do!:biggrin: at least i would feel some of the air is leaving my body. The gas and my shoulder hurt much more than any of incisions.:biggrin:

Dee, take the drugs for pain....Milk of Magnesia really helps with the Constipation and be patient. The gas pain will dissipate one way or the other.

Corliss & Cheri...you are too funny. I find I don't pass gas from the back end as much as I used to but make up for it on the front end. Yee haw!!

Thank God, the worst of my gas (from both ends) is in the evening, or I actually manage to hold it until I use the bathroom at school.

I was so afraid I'd be letting er rip in front of my students. I no longer seem capable of the silent but deadly farts. But I think all that extra space in my digestive tract that used to be filled with food is now filled with gas. The rumblings when I go to bed at night can be pretty awesome. I can just about blow the covers off the bed. Nobody light a match.

Congradulations to you. I was banded two years ago. I know I haven't done what should be done to loose weight. I'm scheduled for a fill next week. I'm really to ashamed to go. I've lost a total of 40 pounds. I'm copuld really use some encouragement from you all.

Hello I am a fifty also. I am having a terrible time with my pre-op diet. I have not cheated but HATE the Protein Shakes. I am having big problem with Constipation even though the nurse warned me about diarrhea . My surgery date is approaching fast and I am so ready!! Any advice ?

Congradulations to you. I was banded two years ago. I know I haven't done what should be done to loose weight. I'm scheduled for a fill next week. I'm really to ashamed to go. I've lost a total of 40 pounds. I'm copuld really use some encouragement from you all.

Hey Wildchild, try not to be ashamed. If we didn't have food issues we wouldn't need a band anyhow. I know I have not lost over 5 lbs and I have had my new band for 3 months and that was all right at the very early stages. I am very greatful however as I have not gained. After I had my first band removed I gained like crazy(stomach prolapse due to hiatal hernia.) So just standing still has been well worth the cost of rebanding. I started the original band journey at 373 and got as low as 160 only to gain back up to 235 and lost down to 219 before rebanding! I went for my second fill today and am hoping to get down to some serious wt loss now. If i can get below 200 I will be sooooo thrilled.

Just be gentle with yourself and walk forward, go get that fill girl!

Corliss

. I've lost a total of 40 pounds. I'm copuld really use some encouragement from you all.

In my opinion weight loss after 50 should be doubled. To lose 40 lbs after 50 is like losing 80 in your 20s & 30s. I COULDNOT lose anything after age 45 even though I ate 1/2 of what I used to and work out daily like an athlete...all I got was burned out knees! Then I started consistenly (thanks to menopause) gaining about 5 lbs a month. Not only have I stopped gaining but I lost 40! I think it's a miracle to lose this now. Be grateful for the lose and more will follow....what we put our attention on grows!

I am so ready for some serious wt loss. I didn't loose anything to amount to anything since rebanding, but honestly I have not worked real hard at it. I went through some serious depression post rebanding and prior to rebanding and just lost my momentum. I now have 5 ml in my 10 ml realize model and am sooo hoping for good but not over tight restriction. My fill doc doesn't allow even softs for 5 days so it will be a while before i can test drive it, lol! I am hungry as a bear with a band can get today but have had made the unfortunate committment to make my killer chili for a benefit at work today, lol! I mean sheer torture cause I do love my own chili and I cook by taste. It has taken all my willpower to spit out the mouthful i took to test it. My dog loves it! (Gross I know.) We better raise a lot of money is all I have to say, lol!

I had so hoped to be down to goal(170) by Christmas but with only a 5 lb loss so far it ain't happening. I am resetting my goal to be in ONDERLAND by Christmas instead. I like to win. Wish me luck.

We are going to get new family portraits made this Saturday. If they are good I will post some. I am staying a bit too busy. I am back to work full time and am teaching a psych clinical for nursing students. I love it and need the money. It's all good.

Corliss

Well, I have lost a total of 49 pounds since surgery ten months ago. I am switching doctors for my fills. the one who did my surgery was not very nice and made me feel bad about not losing more. I am 59 and, as you know, every pound comes off with a fight at my age. I am getting a fill with the new doctor on 10/1. I would also like to know how much is in my band now. I don't want to give up, because I am not where I wanted to be. But, honestly, I guess I am comfortable where I am now. I wanted to lose 50 more pounds, but I don't know much more I can change or do. I walk all I can and my portions are very small. So, I am just going to let God take care of it for me and not obsess about it so much. I would never have lost these 49 pounds without the band and would probably be at least 10 pounds heavier. So, I want to be in onederland by Christmas, which is 9 pounds away. Keep your heads up and remember life is about the journey, not the destination. :-)

Everyday is a new day to get back on track. I have not lost weight in several months.......well, I lost two lbs last month. I started going to a nutritionist at the Dr's office. Today I took the test where you breathe into a machine for 10 minutes and it reads your resting metablolism. Mine is 1300 calories a day. If I exercise it is 1500 calories a day to maintain my loss. In order to lose I need to eat 1200 calories a day. I am glad I took the test. Now I know why I haven't been losing. So, if you are a slow loser start by journaling. You will surprised at the amount of calories you are eating. Then slowly cut back starting with empty carbs. Add good Protein Snacks. All this info came from the nutritionist. Janet has preached the same thing on this thread. Hang in there! Be proud of your 40lb loss!

I pb'd tonite. Haven't done that for a while. Lately, at night I have no trouble eating, my band is loose. I was eating thinly sliced Kielbasa with sauerkraut. Think I probably ate a little too fast. Or the kraut turned to instant gas and filled my tummy.LOL

OMG..Wildchild READ MY BLOG

...... At our age I would have been 400 lbs easy :cursing::ohmy::scared2: If only I had stopped being embarrased...I would have gone back to my surgeon EVEN with all my family problems :scared2::ohmy:

I think that ( I know) that you are doing fine :mad::rolleyes: the main thing is that you are great and any weight loss is a present... I walked out of the doctors room and down the hall was a twenty year old..well I can not compete... I am happy and will lose at the way god wants me to...I do exercise and definitely have complete control of my food intake

We have a family friend who eats only nuts and Beans in smaill portions...she is a doctor but holistic and guess what she has not lost a pound in all the years I have known her and she is in top shape and walks for miles every day ... if we were all going to go down the same weight loss road then god would have given us mirrors ...so we would all look and act the same:sneaky::cursing::sneaky::cursing:

As my high schooler would say :thumbup::seeya::unsure: what comes around...and..karma will kick you in the @## :biggrin::tongue2::tongue2::cursing::sleep::cursing::smile2::thumbup::eek::thumbup::eek::thumbup::eek::thumbup::eek::sneaky:

Edited by jollygreen1955