Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Do you have to do a preop diet?

I thought that ever banded had a pre-op diet?

That's great! Keep us posted.

Do you have to do a preop diet?

Yes, Liquid Protein. PrescriptFit. There are shakes and a chicken soup/broth. Jello, popsicles and he said I

can have coffee. But I only drink coffee in mornings anyway.

pre-op diets do vary. I have spoken to some that has very little pre-op counseling of any kind. when talking about pre and post op diets they were clueless. That is a surgeon I would shy away from.. I was glad my surgeon had a very extension pre-op review..I knew I was healthy, except for the weight, BP and cholesterol.. which of course are back in check now.

The degree of pre-op diet is different, but I had 3-4 days of Protein Drinks and such, then a few days of Clear Liquids.< /span>

How often did all of you post-banders weigh following your surgeries? did you wait for doctor appts? every day? once a week?

Hi Nawlinzlady,

I'm 9 days post-op and weighting every morning as soon as I get up.

Then I update my weight ticker and my Jillian site if my weight has changed. It is keeping me happy and motivated.

I also download my bodybugg into my computer and update what I ate yesterday. I update my weight there every Tuesday.

Probably a little overkill :ohmy::blushing:

Good Journey,

Maggie

I thought that ever banded had a pre-op diet?

No it seems various docs have various opinions on pre op diets and also it depends on the patient as well. I was not any preop diet whatsoever, just liquids 24 hours before surgery. I had very extensive pre op and post op nutrition classes etc. though so I knew what to expect. Also, docs differ on post op diets too, some have to be on liquids and mushies much longer than others. Most important, listen to your doc and do what he has for you.

How often did all of you post-banders weigh following your surgeries? did you wait for doctor appts? every day? once a week?

I waited a week to get on the scale. After 2 weeks I started weighing almost every morning. I used to change my ticker once a week, but now I change it everythime I have a weight loss.

I waited a week to get on the scale. After 2 weeks I started weighing almost every morning. I used to change my ticker once a week, but now I change it everythime I have a weight loss.

Your weight loss is going great!

I weighed in for the first time at my post-op visit, no scale in my house! Once back to work I weighed every Friday. I kept myself to 3 different scales: work, LB doc and my PCP. they all seemed to be pretty close..Of course if you weigh in the AM you will be less than later in the day..no matter who your are.

Personally I felt better with once a week, so much fluctuation if weighing daily, but that is my take on it..

I lgged all my food and exercise on TheDailyPlate, it kept me on the straight and narrow and would calculate your calories burned versus waht you ate..and it is free!

I'm too ADHD to log my food, can't remember things like that from one minute to the next and would lose a chart or notebook in a heartbeat.

So I weigh in everyday and I only use my home scale because they're all so different from each other. Mine is actually in the middle of the other Dr.'s scales. If I'm up I try to eat less that day. If I'm not going down I go back to liquid Protein diet for a day or two to get me back on track.

I did have a special diet pre-op. My Dr. wanted to do the one incision surgery on me and said it would be more likely if I shrank my liver with the Protein Shakes and then the clear liquids.

He was right. One incision, very little post-op pain or discomfort.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheri

I weighed in for the first time at my post-op visit, no scale in my house! Once back to work I weighed every Friday. I kept myself to 3 different scales: work, LB doc and my PCP. they all seemed to be pretty close..Of course if you weigh in the AM you will be less than later in the day..no matter who your are.

Personally I felt better with once a week, so much fluctuation if weighing daily, but that is my take on it..

I lgged all my food and exercise on TheDailyPlate, it kept me on the straight and narrow and would calculate your calories burned versus waht you ate..and it is free!

The DailyPlate? what is that?

After several month of dealing with my insurance date, I finally got my surgery date, Sept 15th. Thanks to all the wonderful information shared on this board, I am soooooo ready

Congrats Dee, great journey ahead of you! Let us know how things go.

Corliss

Congrats Dee, great journey ahead of you! Let us know how things go.

Corliss

Thank you Corliss, you are an inspiration yourself!

as long as I don't have to live the rest of my life on liquids, its kewl....Unless they count my Gumbo has a liquid, which my surgeon has already answered absolutely no! LOL