Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Problem is that I still have the reflux and constant loud large burping problems.

My doctor put me on Prilosec which is now sold over the counter. We now have a generic Omeprazole which is much cheaper you can buy here in the states, not sure what you have in Australia. I took it for almost 2 weeks before my gas got better, my Dad takes it for the last couple of years on his doctors orders. Its one you have to take every day for it to work, not one you just take when you have gas.

Hi Flowers,

Maybe that's just the way your body loses pounds... I've seen from several people on the threads that they tend to lose well for a period of time, then it seems to just stop for a while. It's almost like the body just needs to catch up with itself. For myself, I don't know how I will lose once banded, but on other diets I have tended to lose like that. Sometimes the "waiting periods" were so long I eventually just gave up on the diet. Frustration! I know its very hard to keep your focus when you are not losing like you want to.

I hope this fill works for you!

Hi, just checking in. I think my raging hunger has finally abated. I'm starting to lose at a modest rate. I have a fill appointment next week and will discuss what to do. I think I could use a little more Fluid, as my meals don't satisfy more than an hour or so. I'm loose enough that I can snack on raw vegetables between meals if needed without discomfort, and they really help. A green pepper can be quite satisfying.

Orea it is great to hear from you. I'm glad the hunger issues are better for you and you are losing again. You have had several rough weeks, and stress can sure play havoc with your body (and your brain!). Good going, girl.

Thank you! I'm actually amazingly calm, considering. I think I'm a little tighter from the stress, but that is the silver lining of this cloud, methinks. I'll take the weight loss and cherish it. I really am looking forward to being in the 200's. Wouldn't that be a dandy Christmas present!

Flowers I am glad you're losing again. That is the way I always lost. I would plateau and then suddenly, without doing anything differently, I would drop 5 lbs in a week then plateau again.

As for the burping, I think it just comes with the band. My daughter always getting mad at me cause I burp so much. I always ask her where she would like me to put the air that pops out of my mouth. I am not sure what to do about it. I burp and I have gas coming out the other end, and people at support group are always complaining about these 2 things.

Hi!

I agree with the gas - both kinds! I'm always burping after I eat - I think that normal gas bubble in the stomach has a hard time getting out like it used to...makes the burping more obvious. And as for flatus...or breaking wind....gosh, it seems at night when I'm in bed it's just always there! :-( Again...I wonder if it has to do with the control valve (band) just doesn't let the gases flow normally! But, I really have NO idea! It sure is a common problem though from what you-all say!

Oh, and Orea - I sure hope you get your wish for Christmas! Today I was .3 from ONEderland, which has eluded me again. Can't really blame my scale for the delay - it's been tough for me over Thanksgiving - I gave myself a holiday weekend and ate sweets and other poor food choices. Today, I was pretty controlled for the most part, and stayed under 1300 cals. My band was tight today, and certainly the tightest it's ever been for me - dry turkey, even lunch meat is getting caught up. I need to be careful, but so often forget when I'm in a hurry or with people talking...I forget what I'm doing. I am OK with the restriction though, because otherwise I'd have fallen completely off the wagon!

It's been a stressful past few days, but in a good way, as we are in the midst of packing to move next week. Not having moved in 17 years, I forgot all the stuff you need to do & pack...so many phone calls, services to arrange, etc. At least it keeps me busy & out of the frige!

I only just noticed. I broke 80 pounds today! Wow. And that is a fraction less than 70 pounds gone in 2008. I'm kind of stunned. I really had no idea. That sounds like a lot, doesn't it. (I know, duh, it is a lot, but it sort of crept up on me. Crept down on me?)

I guess my mind has been so much on getting to the 200's that I didn't do the other math. I lost 62 pounds or so on WW once, but this is definitely a new high score for me.

Hi Flowers---

My dh has already worn his 1st Gazelle out and is working

out on his 2nd. He loves his and has lost wt. using it. He says he feels so much better after using his and he really toned up. He keeps telling me I should use it, but I am quite uncoordinated. I am sure if I just kept trying, I would get better at it. I don't like exercising in front of anyone, and I guess I use that as an excuse not to. I have to get over it and get busy. I have noticed that, with my weight loss, I am getting flabby. I have always dreamed of being slim, but I didn't want to jiggle when I walked. Now that Fall is here, I have no excuse not to walk.

Good Luck with your Gazelle and your excercise regime---:smile2:

Hi everyone, somedays i wonder what more i could do to move the scale..lost 21/2 pounds in 4 weeks and that is with a fill.drink Water, exercise 3 times a day. but no move at all.i set my goal to be down 7 ibs for christmas.just not happening any ideas????

Hi, I am new to the forums and lap banding. Surgery date is 18th December 2008. Will be liquid Xmas lunch for me LOL. It is great to see there are some over 50's being banded, although I am a tad older than that (61) but try not to admit to that. Am on Optifast for pre op diet, not very good and a little boring, but am sure will be worth the trouble and hunger. Am nervous about the op but also anxious to become a member of the banded crew.

Patsy South Australia