Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate fat people!!!

One thing I have to consciously decide NOT to do is run up to every fat person and tell them about this band... I want to share with them because I think they of all people will understand and maybe find some hope for themselves. But then I realize - if someone had done that to me preband it would have reinforced the shame and self loathing.... I would have been mortified.

I can so relate to that!!! I think the same thing.

I do find that I compare myself to people with obvious weight problems. Am I bigger or smaller? I notice how sad many of them seem now more than ever. Also, I have been self conscious of my weight for so many years.....especially in pictures, planes, flimsy chairs etc. I guess I was even self absorbed thinking I am the only one with weight problems in the world. Then I was looking at photos of a group of friends of mine and myself and finally realized, I am about the same size as everyone else......I wonder if they have the same thoughts about themselves?

As a side note:

I would have threatened to sue the motel if you knew without a shadow of a doubt they were discriminating based on your weight.

I'weigh 259.5 pound's as of this morning! At my heavest i weighed 310 pound's

I' have seen a lot of very fat people and very fat young people,I feel sorry for

them because of the healty problem's that they are going to have if they

don't already have.

I, wish deep down we were all thin but that is not the case.most of it is the life style they live and how much food they consume with little or no Exercise,

or other health problems or mental thing's that are going on. I once could not fit on a ride at the fair but I' can now!! and will the rest of my life because I' can I have the tool's to do it such as walking every day! and taking in less food!

and a mindset that I''want to be thin for better health for my old age!

Sorry about ranting!!!

most of all God Bless every one!

ps When I' see people that are< large > should be the proper term..not fat people....if I' get the chance to talk to them I talk to them about there eating habit's maybe to much pop what ever. John

HI-

I know I feel like telling everyone about the band, and some of my relatives I do. I am getting by w/mine I am in the second week, I actually made dinner today for my husband and son (17 yrs.) he went out to eat with friends mexican food I think, he is very active and thin, so I pray with all my heart that he stays that way. My husband is overweight and I believe that since I have done this he is actually eating less, maybe it is because I am not cooking as much (ha,ha). But, he is working and I feel bad if I send him to work with just TV dineers and sandwiches, so I cooked today. And I am so proud of myself I did not even taste test any of it. YEA FOR ME!!! Still trying to get this second week under my belt, I am so hungry or just need something other than broths and cream of Soups. I bought a chef boy r dee MINI Mac & cheese the other day, do you think it would be okay to have some of it? I am really not eating very much of anything, drink Boost, coffee, Tea, Water and maybe some Soup very little though. Whatcha Think?

Thanks and Have a Blessed Weekend

T.

Fat makes me sick to my stomach...

Well, it used to. I used to have a huge problem with it.

I used to think my daughter was so fat, then I would see her with her 6th grade swim calss and she was smaller than all the girls and her ribs showed in her two peice..

This scenerio kept happening until I had to realize I could not see fat or thin correctly.

When ever I point out someone and say "I am that size" everyone around me dissagree's.

When I say my son is kinda chubby, at 6 foot 4, 240 pounds.. everyone says I am crazy..

I see my cousin as fat and she only weighs 150 pounds... 5 foot 2"

I find fat guys unattractive no matter what I do.. even if I like them.

This goes for slightly big.. never obese.

I seen this one guy for three years now who is 6 foot 4 and has a slight gutt.. and its getting to me (time to turn the lights off)

Its crazy..

I hope all this crap gets worked out in my brtain, i really dont like it.

I have a similar problem. I hate seeing fat children. It's more pity and empathy for them than anything. I hate what the parents do to them by letting them get so fat. I wish my mother had curbed my eating when I was 5. I don't mean slightly overweight children. My own 8 year old daughter has a fat bottom but that part is genetic. She gets more exercise than 3 kids her age together and eats very healthy food (no fat, no butter, no junk, good portions). What I'm talking about is seeing a child who is so fat they can't move normally or function like kids their age should be able to. I've recently seen some children under 10 who were well over 150 pounds. That's clearly a problem with the parent if it isn't a medical problem. I see myself in that child and feel so bad for how they are growing up.

I have more compassion these days, I think its humbling for me to realise that its only a matter of degree really - I have all the same head issues.

But yes, I do it too. Particularly when it comes to fat kids. I look at fat people with their fat kids walking round the shopping centre eating hot chips or all the people sitting in the foodcourt stuffing their faces with McDonalds and I think "that is disgusting, its one thing to kill yourself but not your kids. Wake up to yourself".

Perhaps its because I do make a supreme effort to feed my kids well, organic produce, not much processed foods. Our family diet is a very healthy one and my eating issues are my own. I walk my kids to school a few mornings a week (its a long walk), I ensure they play plenty of team sports like basketball and football and I keep an eye on their diet. So I am very judgemental of other parents who allow their kids to fill up on rubbish. Yet, by not treating myself well, I'm not really doing any favours for my kids am I?

Honestly I never knew i wasnt the only one feeling this way-it seems somehow if i make fun of someone who was fat,it makes me feel less ashamed of myself,and to laugh it kinda makes light of such a "heavysubject.also i always hated looking at myself in a full length mirror-its almost too painful to do,so i make myself believe im not that big to almost protect myself,from myself.

well thats enough inner thought for me!! LOL hopefully it made sense!

Vines,

Thanks for bumping. This is a great thread.

I wish I had something great to say, but I feel pretty lost about my feelings on this one. I am all over the place. Just thanks for all who have posted here throughout the year. It is just an affirmation of how great this board can be. I have visited other unrelated boards, and I really believe this one is exceptional and so positive.

This is a great post but I still dont get it. I used to work with a gal who was 130 lbs max and she hated me. I mean she HATED me. From the day I walked in the door she was nasty to me. I didnt understand wht i had done to her and one day talking to my boss/friend she told me that this other gal used to weigh like 375 pounds and she couldnt stand me cause I was fat. I was appauld!!!!!!! I thought/think this is absurd. I see other fat people (super MO) and feel pity. Now I want to tell everyone about lap band. Yesterday I went with a friend to her dr (pcp) he had never heard of it ( as was the case with my DR. No one in this town has . If the Dr's dont even know about it how will the people. SO I think after I lose a little bit I am going to have the newspaper do an article about it/me. They just had an article and picture of me in there so it could be fun in a few months to do another. The first was about volunteer work i do.

Any how back to this thought of hating fat people. I hate un fat friendly places and people. I think that is like hating someone because they are in a wheelchair..... they GOT themselves hurt........get my point?

Children: I hate what the parents do to them by letting them get so fat. I wish my mother had curbed my eating when I was 5.

I don't think in all cases the parents are "letting" them get fat. Its not necessarily that they are eating to much, it might be lack of exercise. I know a few kids that really don't eat that much, and I often wonder how they can survive on so little, but because of "today's world" they lack the exercise/activity to burn it off.

Growing up I remember being made fun of because I was fat. I remember not being invited to my own siblings parties b/c they were embarassed of me. So what is that teaching me??? It was teaching me that "fat is bad."

I have gone through part of my life making fun of others because I was made fun of. I will not spend the rest of my life like that. I have learned to have compashion for others, praise God!! I've learned to look at people and think how I would feel if I were in their shoes (guess what, I AM them, I AM in their shoes).

How else can some one show compashion unless they've been there themselves.

ALL of you are wonderful, helping, caring, beautiful people, if you didn't care you wouldn't be posting :)

I live in Florida now, I use to live on Long Island NY, where there ain't too many fat people, well not like here in the Sunshine state. I live in a little more rual area, the they grow them big here. I fit right in, not that I want to. But there a lot of fat people here. What is hard for me is that I can't tell if I am fatter them him....... OR his he fatter then me. So I have to ask my wife or kids, "Is that person fatter them me??" Most time to my dismay I am the fatter one. I really hate fat people, they break my denile of me being normal. That is until I try and sit in a booth, or I go to a place where there is only "Wicker" chairs. Is there any think worst to a fat person then going to a place and seeing all wicker chairs, or those "Polly, one peace ones". I start to look for a pick up truck so I can sit on the tail gate. It's hard being fat, but...... it's worse to be in denile of it. You can get yourself into a lot of embrassing situations. My family is mixed some are fat others are normal. I am by far the fattest, and I tell them the truth. Like.... You know why your feet hurt??", "That's cause your fat!!". OR you know why you tie your shoe laces on the side of your shoes???? That's cause your fat!! The list goes on and on....... and it is the truth.

I did have a problem a couple of months ago. I had to go to Tampa (about 1 1/2 hours away) to get a fill, so I meet the doctor at the hospital to fill the Band, He needed the X-Ray table, and they told him "NO WAY" it only goes to 400 lbs. and i was 450. SO they would not let me do it. It happened a couple times before, where they use to do the fills, on a X-Ray table they no longer do it. I found out that it was because a fat guy broke the table. So thsy don't want any fat people on these tables. I don't get it????? What is it with people designing seating or X-Ray tables??? Don't they think of fat people? Or they just don't want to care.

About hateing the fatty's of the world..... I am with you. I really want to avoid them altogther. I want them not to be there. And what would happen if they came up to me and started to talk??? What would I say??? Nice to meet you, and how much do you weight??? That would be the most incommon thing we have. I am more scard of fat people then normal people. It's not that I really hate them, I am just scard to death of them. Maybe by loseing weight and coming to know me a little better I will be more able to look at this. I really thank you for this, I needed it. Butch

One thing I have to consciously decide NOT to do is run up to every fat person and tell them about this band... I want to share with them because I think they of all people will understand and maybe find some hope for themselves. But then I realize - if someone had done that to me preband it would have reinforced the shame and self loathing.... I would have been mortified.

That's exactly how I feel!

Yep Julie D. - I feel exactly the same way - I want to save everyone and tell them that there is hope. I try to control myself - cause I would have been mortified had someone done something like that to me at any time.