Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI'ers--2008!!!

Let's start a new thread for the Lower Bmi'ers for 2008!!!

A place for us that are lower bmi'ers to come for support, questions, helpful tips for those of us that have less to lose!

Anyone is welcome!!

Anyone up for an exercise challenge!!

Roll Call!!!!!

BabyGotBack

Let's start a new thread for the Lower Bmi'ers for 2008!!!

A place for us that are lower bmi'ers to come for support, questions, helpful tips for those of us that have less to lose!

Anyone is welcome!!

Anyone up for an exercise challenge!!

Roll Call!!!!!

BabyGotBack

bump, bump, bump!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Well I'm newly banded and trying not to over eat while I'm waiting for my first fill. I lost 10.5 pounds, but I've already gained one pound back. :cry

I am close to goal but I have a feeling this last 10 lbs is going to come off pretty slowly. I have the right fill finally, and I do exercise

all the time.

I really hope that I am not going to go on another big long plateau. I bought some pants that are a little tight. The next size

down was too baggy. If I can just take off a little more, I will be able to wear them without them looking like they are painted on me.

I am so broke from Christmas, I can't afford the QuickSlim30. I bet it would help get me to goal but I just can't afford it. The good thing is, I spend way less on food now!

Hi -

I was banded on 12/7/07 and am currently waiting for my first fill on 1/16/08. I can't wait because I know that I've gained some weight in the last week.

What has your experience been with fills as lower BMI patients? Did your first fill give you any restriction or did you have to wait until three or four?

I'm up for an exercise challenge because as of right now, it's a challenge for me to even get up off the couch! I need to start moving and I would love a little accountability.

Happy New Year!

Newblew

I was banded 12/19/07 and I had lost 17 pounds and I have already have gained 4 back. I am sooooooooo sad! If I have the band how is it that I can eat a whole baked fish from Luby's as a matter fact I finish any meal put before me. Please somebody tell me what is going on. I paid cash for this surgery and I want the best for me, but why am I already gaining. I go to the doctor on Jan.17th I guess for my first fill. Do you think things will start getting better then. I am only eating creamy Soups, soft vegetables s/f pudding tea sweetened with splendra and baked fish. Somebody Everybody please respond!!!

Hi All,

I have just started my proscess to band~land. I have a low BMI of 31 but still have 70lbs to lose. I am scheduled to attend my first seminar Jan.18th with Dr. Feng in Calif.

bbgot back

How long has it taken you to lose your weight. I think my biggest problem is that I really don't exercise. I have really stuck to good eating habits since my vacation but I am sincerely going to work on the moving. That is probably my problem.

New blew.....I got good restriction by the third fill......second one was pretty tight as well but got looser as I continued to lose weight!

So happy to have found this thread. I was banded on 12/19...my BMI was 39...I am 28 years old. I am in my mushies stage and loving it (after drowning in liquids) I lost 10.6 pounds...gained one back during full liquids....will I be gaining more now that I'm at the mushies?

I know after all the research and reading what seems like a million threads...the loss will not come until the fills and that oh so important sweet spot sinks in...until then....what to do to stay motivated?

Hi -

What has your experience been with fills as lower BMI patients? Did your first fill give you any restriction or did you have to wait until three or four?

It took me 12 fills in 8 months to get good restriction--I have 3.9 in my 4 cc band. I know from reading other's posts that I'm definitely the exception but it does happen! I have another fill appt. tomorrow but I think I'll stay where I am for awhile. I may just very well be at my sweet spot! I can only eat small quantities now, have trouble eating early in the morning, and need to chew A LOT to avoid a pb.

I've lost really slowly--probably because of the lack of restriction together with the fact that I'm 58 and started with a lower BMI. But even though I had much higher expectations for weight loss, I'm not at all sorry I got the band. I lost 3 lbs. during the holidays--I can tell you, that would have NEVER happened without the band!

Good luck! Hang in there and hope for restriction soon, but if it doesn't come, know that it has to at some point! Happy New Year, everyone!

It took me a long time to get the right restriction too.

It's nice now to be full on a little bit of food and stay full for a long time. The head hunger is another story. I feel really full right now, but I keep thinking I want to eat something. That is something everyone has to work on forever. The band can't help us when we really aren't hungry but still want to eat.

I do know exercise is really important. I wouldn't have lost anything if I didn't exercise almost every day.