Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

Mine was the 14th
Hi, mine was the 14th also. How are you doing?

@HMM1216 so sorry that you have to experience negative feedback , honestly everyone will have an opinion. My biggest thing is cutting the negative out and trying and focus on the positive that you have . There is always going to be those type of people but try and stay focused and remember why it is that you are doing… for yourself :) . And we are all here as well to support . Good luck 🍀

3 hours ago, HMM1216 said:

Newbie here Gastric Bypass surgery scheduled for Wednesday 9/21. I’m on day 2 of the clear liquid diet and todays been harder then yesterday. I woke up with a Migraine and it won’t go away! I can only have plain Water, apple juice, protein2O, Jello, popsicles and low sodium chicken broth to drink/eat and the chicken broth doesn’t wanna stay down. I also only told certain family members and someone got lose lips decided it was her job to tell everyone and there mother so I have a lot of negative opinions being voiced to me. Someone even contacted my fiancé with a long list of complications and all the stuff that can go wrong and how there uncles wife’s sisters daughters cousin died from the surgery and now he’s even more scared something is going to happen to me! I guess it’s just the pre-surgery craziness 🤦‍♀️

Luckily most people I told were very excited and supportive, but the ones that weren't and also had some distant relatives friend due, I just said "people die getting their appendix out too" maybe a lil dark but can't argue with the fact.

My surgery is tomorrow morning (Sept 20) bright and early at 5:30 am. After the first surgery date was canceled at the last minute I’m so happy this day is nearly here. Excited to start this next part of the journey!

Surgery is tomorrow. I’m terrified. Anyone on the same boat? I hugged my kid a little bit tighter than usual and I am ready to get to bed. Congrats to all who have gone through it and good luck to the rest of us . ❤️

On 9/19/2022 at 1:04 AM, Mrs.Solis said:

Congrats @sarahthegray how are things going so far ?

Thanks, I am doing well. I graduate to puréed foods today. How are you doing?

Oh how exciting @MotownNixie glad to hear that you are doing well .. are you nervous and excited about moving stages ? And I’m doing well taking it a day at a time still trying to get all my fluids in and Protein but I know it will get easier with time

@Mrs.Solis, doing pretty well for the most part. Thanks so much for asking!

Hi September Friends! Question...I had my RNY on 9/14/22 and am doing pretty well for the most part. The only issue is that I'm still having quite a bit of pain on my left side, near the largest incision. It's not the incision that hurts, it internal. Anyone else experience pain that seems to be lingering? Or is it maybe normal?

Newbie here Gastric Bypass surgery scheduled for Wednesday 9/21. I’m on day 2 of the clear liquid diet and todays been harder then yesterday. I woke up with a Migraine and it won’t go away! I can only have plain Water, apple juice, protein2O, Jello, popsicles and low sodium chicken broth to drink/eat and the chicken broth doesn’t wanna stay down. I also only told certain family members and someone got lose lips decided it was her job to tell everyone and there mother so I have a lot of negative opinions being voiced to me. Someone even contacted my fiancé with a long list of complications and all the stuff that can go wrong and how there uncles wife’s sisters daughters cousin died from the surgery and now he’s even more scared something is going to happen to me! I guess it’s just the pre-surgery craziness [emoji2356]
I'm on the 21st too, at 7am, day 2 of the fatty liquid diet, witch just means different liquids I guess, I'm sorry you have all the negative... but I'm here if you need a surgery buddy...
You'll make it threw and prove every negative Nelly wring :) you got this :)

Sent from my SM-G996U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 09/20/2022 at 14:40, PriscillaRebekka said:

Hi September Friends! Question...I had my RNY on 9/14/22 and am doing pretty well for the most part. The only issue is that I'm still having quite a bit of pain on my left side, near the largest incision. It's not the incision that hurts, it internal. Anyone else experience pain that seems to be lingering? Or is it maybe normal?

I am and I have a surgical site infection. Everyone else seems to be on to Tylenol, heading back to work and doing fine and I am still barely getting around. If it seems abnormal, don’t hesitate to check it out.

5 hours ago, PriscillaRebekka said:

Several of us have had the pain you describe. I asked my nurse about it and she said that’s likely the incision where the stomach and/or any other parts were extracted and that it has very deep sutures inside. It is super painful but I’m 12 days out and it does improve!