Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

15 hours ago, Melissalopez79 said:

5 days since my surgery and I am slowly healing. Drinking my 64oz of Water daily and 2 Protein Shakes per day. My Stitches are inching super bad and my smell has gotten very strong. I am mentally ready for soft foods but my tummy is still healing. Protein shakes are not filling me up.

Do you mean your SENSE of smell or you? I'm not asking to be mean or anything just wondering cause if my hoohah is gonna start smelling Imma start bleaching it. LMAO.

4 hours ago, PeachyQueen said:

One week out update: down 10 lbs, and am in minimal pain. So far, constipation pains were the worst, lol. I thought my staples may have ripped but then when I went... I was fine lol. I think the hardest part is the mentality, I would love some bready product right now, haha!

Feel like I've ripped a couple new buttholes at this point just from the pre-op diet. The ONLY thing I have found that works is Dulcolax soft chews. I've been taking Colace twice a day and adding benefiber to my water/shakes and it just wasn't helping. Like at all. The soft chews are my saving grace and I will continue them until hopefully the Constipation is a thing of the past.

On 7/10/2022 at 1:57 PM, Caybot said:

I have band to sleeve surgery scheduled for this coming Wednesday. Good luck to everyone!

How are you doin? I'm not having the easiest of times. My surgery was Tuesday and I'm not doing great. Lots of pain and vomiting. Not really ale to drink much. Still very hopeful. I hope your response to surgery is better than mine.

I feel like I am watching you all go in for surgery and I am really invested in your well-being! Thinking great thoughts!

My surgery is in a week and while I am excited and the Pre-Op Diet is totally manageable, the reality is starting to sink in. I am starting to have a bit of anxiety, like the surgery date is fast approaching. Have I done enough to prepare for the hospital and my return? Will I be able to tolerate the pain? Just keep telling myself to focus on the reward.

Thank you for asking @MsGina I’m sorry you’re suffering.
My surgery was at noon yesterday and I was checked out at 4:30 or so. everything went smoothly and well according to my doctor. I was nauseous when I awoke but nurse gave me a magic anti nausea suppository (I guess body function embarrassment goes out the window when you are in pain!)
Last evening and still now, what I think is gas pain is the worst (hurts mostly when I take a deep breath in) and some muscular soreness. I think it’s getting better. No trouble getting my Water and medications down. I do have a JP tube which is probably the most uncomfortable part. Recliner much more comfortable than bed because of the discomfort getting in and out of bed. Hopefully you’re doing better later today!

Sorry to hear that Gina! I'm doing fairly well, nauseated a few times when I drank too much or too fast. I got some anti nausea medicine, which helps.

12 minutes ago, SleeveCaroline said:

I feel like I am watching you all go in for surgery and I am really invested in your well-being! Thinking great thoughts!

My surgery is in a week and while I am excited and the Pre-Op Diet is totally manageable, the reality is starting to sink in. I am starting to have a bit of anxiety, like the surgery date is fast approaching. Have I done enough to prepare for the hospital and my return? Will I be able to tolerate the pain? Just keep telling myself to focus on the reward.

My surgery is scheduled for 7/21. I'm having SADI switch done. Tomorrow is my pre-op appointment at Peacehealth. Can anyone tell me what happens on this appointment?

7 minutes ago, Bridge1967 said:

Weigh in. Just going over what's going to happen right before surgery and after surgery. You can ask any questions you have.

Thank you. Do you do labs to check electrolytes?

1 minute ago, Bridge1967 said:

They do labs at least 2 weeks before surgery. Not exactly sure what they check for.

I have no other appointments after tomorrow and my surgery is next Thursday so I bet the labs will happen tomorrow. I've been on the fat free milk diet so I better have some gaterade zero today.