Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 7/11/2022 at 11:18 AM, MrsPinedo said:

I had my gallbladder taken out laparoscopically, and I swear the most painful part was getting rid of all the gas they used to create space for the instruments during surgery.

They gave me a can of coke after my gall bladder removal and I just burped like 3 times and I was good. I don't even remember any gas discomfort. Maybe I'll get lucky with this surgery as well!

On 7/11/2022 at 12:32 PM, KevinS62 said:

I may be the only guy in this thread. My surgery date is July 14, so only three days from now.

That's ok, we'll still allow you in :)

Good luck on Thursday, let us know how it goes!

On 7/11/2022 at 9:29 AM, MrsPinedo said:

Any of our July people post-op yet? How's it going so far??

Had my surgery on July 7th. I am five days out and the pain slowly goes away. I still cannot sleep good as I normally sleep on my tummy, so side sleeping is stopping me from a good night's rest. I never thought I would hate Water as I do now. I tried the broth and it is gross. I don't drink coffee or tea, hate Jello and Popsicles are just to cold to eat still. I am super hungry and my Protein Drink is not helping. On the upside I have already lost 17lbs, so that keeps me going. I did Keto for 3 years and only lost 15lbs. Oh and my Stitches are clearly healing because they inch so bad.

I am day 5 of my Pre-Op diet (surgery is scheduled for 7/22). I can only have 6 Protein Shakes per day or have 5 shakes plus either 1 cup of broth or a Protein Bar. I am doing the 5 shakes and Protein bar since I won't be able to chew anything for weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well!

5 days since my surgery and I am slowly healing. Drinking my 64oz of Water daily and 2 Protein Shakes per day. My Stitches are inching super bad and my smell has gotten very strong. I am mentally ready for soft foods but my tummy is still healing. Protein shakes are not filling me up.

On 7/11/2022 at 3:32 PM, KevinS62 said:

I may be the only guy in this thread. My surgery date is July 14, so only three days from now.

You’re definitely not the only guy in here. Also seems like you’re not the only Kevin in here either. 😁

For those who are post-op, how long did you stay in the hospital? My pre-op class isn’t til tomorrow, but I’m curious.

Had surgery this morning at 7am CST. It's 11:18 pm and I'm uncomfortable. Lots of gas pain, and I have to keep coughing to clear my lungs, which strains my incisions. I'm miserable at the moment, but I know it's short lived.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Better today. Got some toradol to take the edge off and was able to get a decent sleep. Will have scan to check for leaks and then we will see what happens. Kinda hope I can go home, but also not mad of I have to stay another day or two

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

@HealthierMe2022 - Glad you're feeling better and thanks for the update. I'm to go in tomorrow for mine, and I am a bit anxious.

One week out update: down 10 lbs, and am in minimal pain. So far, Constipation pains were the worst, lol. I thought my staples may have ripped but then when I went... I was fine lol. I think the hardest part is the mentality, I would love some bready product right now, haha!

10 hours ago, MrsPinedo said:

For those who are post-op, how long did you stay in the hospital? My pre-op class isn’t til tomorrow, but I’m curious.

I was in the hospital one night. Once you do your dye test to make sure there's no leaks in your stomach, they should start giving you Water and if you hold it down for three hours, you should be discharged :) I went in on 7/5 at about 7am, and left the next day at 12:30 pm.