Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 hours ago, MsGina said:

How are you doin? I'm not having the easiest of times. My surgery was Tuesday and I'm not doing great. Lots of pain and vomiting. Not really ale to drink much. Still very hopeful. I hope your response to surgery is better than mine.

@MsGina hope you are doing better today!

On 7/12/2022 at 10:43 PM, Melissalopez79 said:

5 days since my surgery and I am slowly healing. Drinking my 64oz of Water daily and 2 Protein Shakes per day. My Stitches are inching super bad and my smell has gotten very strong. I am mentally ready for soft foods but my tummy is still healing. Protein shakes are not filling me up.

How on earth are you managing to drink so much?! I’m on day 2 post op and can barely get stuff down without it hitting my stomach like a brick. Do you not have any issues like that?

Yes, you’re very lucky! I have had maybe 20 oz since surgery. I’m trying, but it hits my stomach so hard. Like it’s painful and makes me feel like I want to throw up. I did a lot of dry heaving yesterday.

I’m definitely not doing cold yet. It’s been either warm or room temp. All hits my stomach the same. I’m pretty miserable. I still have some of the gas in me that is bothering my chest and back, so I’ve taken Gas-X and been up moving around. Today is Day 3 Post Op.

4 minutes ago, Clea123 said:

I’m definitely not doing cold yet. It’s been either warm or room temp. All hits my stomach the same. I’m pretty miserable. I still have some of the gas in me that is bothering my chest and back, so I’ve taken Gas-X and been up moving around. Today is Day 3 Post Op.

My sister who got the sleeve 2 years ago gave me this advice and it's rang true for me: every day you'll be able to drink a little more Water than the next. Dont worry about the 64 oz just yet, it's impossible. They day I came home I couldnt drink 20oz even, I just did enough to stay hydrated. Today is day 10 post for me and I only reached the goal yesterday. At my week post op visit, they said I should be around 50oz right now. Sow but steady!

PO day 2 for me today. I’ve had a terrible headache since last evening but pretty sure it’s the lack of calories (I am on Clear Liquids today, to full liquids tomorrow) - yesterday I slept on and off all day on the recliner and the recliner is definitely more comfortable than the bed. My goal for these three days is 30oz of water/clear liquids and I managed about 35oz yesterday. I was having a lot of trouble deep breathing without pain so I’m hugging a pillow and trying to cough several times a day. It’s definitely helping. My JP drain is the most uncomfortable but it isn’t really painful. Looking forward to that being taken out next week for sure. Trying to see if I can manage with only Tylenol today because I think the painkillers might be sending me a bit loopy.

hope everyone post op is recovering well.
cay

Surgery 27th as well, Excited and nervous!!

On 6/12/2022 at 10:19 AM, MrsPinedo said:

Not gonna lie to y’all … I’m reading about and looking at waaaayyyyyy too much plastic surgery content. Like my brain has skipped over all the VSG work/effort/difficulty. I need to rein it back in and concentrate on the next step, instead of 10 steps down the road!

I was hoping I was not the only one! I have been looking into ways to have a panniculectomy covered by insurance. I know I need focus on the here and now of VSG and losing the weight first but sometimes it's tough not to plan for later. I'm on day 4 of 14 of the pre-op "liver shrink" diet the first couple days were hard today has seemed easier so far.

Edited by Grace1234

1 hour ago, Caybot said:

PO day 2 for me today. I’ve had a terrible headache since last evening but pretty sure it’s the lack of calories (I am on Clear Liquids today, to full liquids tomorrow) - yesterday I slept on and off all day on the recliner and the recliner is definitely more comfortable than the bed. My goal for these three days is 30oz of water/clear liquids and I managed about 35oz yesterday. I was having a lot of trouble deep breathing without pain so I’m hugging a pillow and trying to cough several times a day. It’s definitely helping. My JP drain is the most uncomfortable but it isn’t really painful. Looking forward to that being taken out next week for sure. Trying to see if I can manage with only Tylenol today because I think the painkillers might be sending me a bit loopy.

hope everyone post op is recovering well.
cay

I understand the feeling. I did order an abdominal binder to help when you have to cough and stuff. It’s been a lifesaver! You can get them on Amazon.

1 hour ago, Clea123 said:

I understand the feeling. I did order an Abdominal binder to help when you have to cough and stuff. It’s been a lifesaver! You can get them on Amazon.

Thank you @Clea123, that’s such a good idea! Hate when I need to cough from down deep to expel the gas but feel like I’m going to blow all my incisions at once!