Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any of our July people post-op yet? How's it going so far??

Just now, MrsPinedo said:

Any of our July people post-op yet? How's it going so far??

Post op July 8th, a little bit of pain still, this was my first surgery ever but I do not regret it and am very happy

46 minutes ago, Rosiep37 said:

Post op July 8th, a little bit of pain still, this was my first surgery ever but I do not regret it and am very happy

I had my gallbladder taken out laparoscopically, and I swear the most painful part was getting rid of all the gas they used to create space for the instruments during surgery.

I may be the only guy in this thread. My surgery date is July 14, so only three days from now.

1 minute ago, KevinS62 said:

I may be the only guy in this thread. My surgery date is July 14, so only three days from now.

I'm scheduled for july 18. My husband was too, but then insurance denied him at the last minute. They said his alcohol intake in 2021 was too much (his last drink was in january 2022). Hopefully he can get scheduled again in a few months.

Best of luck to you!!

34 minutes ago, joanie pony said:

I'm scheduled for july 18. My husband was too, but then insurance denied him at the last minute. They said his alcohol intake in 2021 was too much (his last drink was in january 2022). Hopefully he can get scheduled again in a few months.

Best of luck to you!!

Wow. I can't believe they did that, especially since he hasn't consumed alcohol in 6 months.

Hi all, new here! My surgery was on July 5th! To those who still are waiting, in my opinion, the gas once I woke up in recovery was the worst, but will subside over the first two days. A week out now and I’m feeling pretty good, with a lot of energy! I hope the same for all of you!

Hi guys, my surgery was this morning, everything is well. I had a revision from sleeve to bypass.I got send home the same day(today). I have some pain on my stomach but not too bad.

I'm glad you found it too. You're gonna do great. I lost 70 lbs on Keto at 46 and didn't have any saggy skin but now, since I had gained most of it back, My tummy is already drooping low and I've only lost 25 lbs pre-surgery.
Good luck on your surgery tomorrow! I'm nervous, but no turning back! I hope all goes well, and I look forward to checking in!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

4 day Post opt. July 7th. My original date was supposed to be June 22 but my father pasted away on the 18th of June and I had to post pone my surgery for an additional two weeks. I ate up to the last day and stopped just to make sure I had room for those two drinks I had to do on top of drinking two bottles of Magnesium so I cam flush out my system right away. I am allergic to anesthesia so when they gave it to me they also gave me a Steroid. My surgery was at 8am and I was up by 11:30am. Tons of heart burn from steroid but the hospital took care of that right away. They feed me pain killer through my IV which made me have the best sleep ever. Fast forward four days now and I have alreadyost 16lbs, have a lot more energy and sticking to my diet plan. I am so ready for food but I know that will have to wait until my check up next week. Only thing that sucks is wearing long dresses. I am not a dress girl, I like my jeans but my Stitches have to heal. I am happy that I decided to do this.

On 7/10/2022 at 7:36 PM, MsGina said:

How did it go?

Unfortunately shortly after this post, they had to push my surgery back a week. What would have been last Wednesday is now coming up this Thursday, the 14th. Just finishing day 12 of the 2 week pre op diet. Dying. lol

14 hours ago, PeachyQueen said:

Hi all, new here! My surgery was on July 5th! To those who still are waiting, in my opinion, the gas once I woke up in recovery was the worst, but will subside over the first two days. A week out now and I’m feeling pretty good, with a lot of energy! I hope the same for all of you!

Thank you. I needed to hear this. I'm just heading out the door for mine. I'll post later (when I'm up to it)

4 minutes ago, MsGina said:

Thank you. I needed to hear this. I'm just heading out the door for mine. I'll post later (when I'm up to it)

Good luck today!

5 minutes ago, MsGina said:

I'm just heading out the door for mine. I'll post later (when I'm up to it)

Good luck MsGina!

Today, I start my pre-op diet. It’s going to be a little more difficult that I anticipated, but I’m sure after a day or two, it’ll be alright. Breakfast and lunch are going to be the most difficult, basically a Protein Shake for those two meals.