Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you for sharing They too took me off pain meds tylenol only...got up and walked again during nite did a few laps...hoping to be set free and can go home...drinking my Water no issue tried ice water didn't like that

Today is surgery day for me. Luckily, I only had to work the pre-op diet for 16 days (14 days on limited food and 2 days liquid). Overall, the pre-op diet really wasn’t too terrible. Thankfully I already loved Protein Shakes lol. I’ve lost about 10 pounds so far prior to surgery. I’m not really that nervous about the procedure itself, more so the immediate aftermath. I’ll update when I can afterwards. For now though, I’ll see you all on the other side!

Good luck muffinman! Remember, this is a means to a great end! The next 24 hours will be tough, but it gets better every day after that. I'm 2 weeks out and life is a)out back to normal.

Surgery went well. Surprisingly enough, I’m not too sore (for now). Honestly, the gas pain is the worst thing. I’ve been able to sip down 4-5 1oz cups and the sugar free ice. I’m up and walking around. So all is going to plan so far. Thanks for all the stories, sharing your stories, and the encouragement.

I had my surgery Tuesday so today makes 2 days out. Nerves have where bad for me to just remember you have a goal of why you wanted to get the surgery. I wish you all the best keep us updated

It§[Kay. I was the same way. Even thought of canceling. Very understandable its a big step. Good luck and will be thinking about you.

Hey everyone! Just had Sleeve surgery on July 26! I’m dealing with bloating and nausea and gassy chest pains. Trying to get my Water in. How’s fellow July sleevers doing today?

Hi Brennan! I had the same feeling. I'm a little over two weeks out now and it seemed to have resolved itself. I know, it's a weird feeling.

1 hour ago, Bridge1967 said:

Hi Brennan! I had the same feeling. I'm a little over two weeks out now and it seemed to have resolved itself. I know, it's a weird feeling.

Oh thats great to hear..its a strange feeling but it's reassuring that it's not just me...

Hi July friends! Well, I’m two weeks and a day out from surgery today. Everything is fantastic so far. Just some very mild ache in the healing incision area when I first get up in the morning.

I don’t know how much weight I’ve lost but my clothes are far more comfortable. I’ll weigh myself next week because they’ll ask at my next appointment but I’m trying to focus on being healthy and strong which works best for my personal mental health.

Every food I have tried so far I have tolerated just fine. I just progressed to “mechanical” food which sounds very space-age but really is just anything you don’t have to cut with a knife. I’m going to try some fish this weekend. chicken was just fine (I chewed it well) and cooked vegetables. Also scrambled egg and egg salad and egg foo yong made with minced chicken. A lot of eggs. For now I am not being very adventurous as I’m finishing off all the food I cooked and prepped for the soft stage.

I am still drinking one shake a day to get to 80-90g Protein. I can’t do it without the shake or I’d be eating all day.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day and sending good healing thoughts to the folks who had/are having surgery this week.

Cay

6 hours ago, Caybot said:

Every food I have tried so far I have tolerated just fine. I just progressed to “mechanical” food which sounds very space-age but really is just anything you don’t have to cut with a knife. I’m going to try some fish this weekend. chicken was just fine (I chewed it well) and cooked vegetables. Also scrambled egg and egg salad and egg foo yong made with minced chicken. A lot of eggs. For now I am not being very adventurous as I’m finishing off all the food I cooked and prepped for the soft stage.

I am still drinking one shake a day to get to 80-90g Protein. I can’t do it without the shake or I’d be eating all day.

Cay,

Sounds like you are doing well, as am I. You are one day ahead of me, and I'm jealous of your diet plan. :) I met with my surgeon's group's dietician and she wants me to follow the plan to the T and it's super conservative. When I questioned anything on the plan, she told me to stay off the internet. Yeah, right. The only soft food I graduated to today (week 3 plan)is I can have a half banana, cream of wheat, and oatmeal. In week 5 I can finally have Cottage cheese, cooked Beans and soft veggies. Scrambled egg in week 5 and baked fish and tuna in week 6. Ugh.

You know, the stricter they are with these things, the more patients are going to "cheat".