Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've actually been hungry today. What's up with that? I wanted the not hungry part to last for many months

I've actually been hungry today. What's up with that? I wanted the not hungry part to last for many months

I've been hungry too! But, at least not like before surgery. I'm down about 28# and have slowed considerably (I'm at 3.5 weeks post op). My only discomfort is my healing hiatal hernia repair. I constantly feel like something's stuck in my throat, and at times I'll get a big pain (albeit briefly) if something doesn't want to go down. I've had to occasionally sip Water to help get it down. Im sure it will go away as I continue healing, but man it sucks LOL!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

2.5 weeks post op. Does anyone else’s sleeve kinda spasm a bit if they drink too fast or sip too fast? I’m confined to a desk, trying to study all day but it’s difficult when I try to take sips of a shake my sleeve is like…no thanks. Does this go away soon?

15 hours ago, s3thephysician2Be said:

2.5 weeks post op. Does anyone else’s sleeve kinda spasm a bit if they drink too fast or sip too fast? I’m confined to a desk, trying to study all day but it’s difficult when I try to take sips of a shake my sleeve is like…no thanks. Does this go away soon?

This doesn’t happen to me, but I feel I can eat/drink more than many when I read others’ posts here. I can take a big gulp or a big bite without any issue for the most part. If I do eat or drink too quickly I do experience a slight pressure sensation but it passes.

I will add though that I had a band for 11 years and thus I likely have already assimilated to eating and drinking a LOT slower than most. For the last 7 years or so if I didn’t I’d bring it back up. That is the reason for my revising to the sleeve and so far I’m already able to eat denser and different food than I have been able to before (4 weeks post op on Wednesday)

On 6/6/2022 at 11:45 AM, MrsPinedo said:

Hi everyone! Longtime lurker, first time poster.

Posting because I have an actual surgery date: July 27. Looking forward to this being my new Independence Day!

Hoping to find others who are on a similar timeline.

My surgery was the 27th too! I have never been on a forum before….so, here goes!
Looking forward (tomorrow) to being able to imbibe something other than Protein Shakes, Water, Gatorade, and chicken-broth with protein! It has been a very long 4 weeks! Excited for low-fat creamed soup! Just wish That I didn’t have to return to work next week right as the ‘mushy food’ phase begins.

On 6/6/2022 at 11:45 AM, MrsPinedo said:

Hi everyone! Longtime lurker, first time poster.

Posting because I have an actual surgery date: July 27. Looking forward to this being my new Independence Day!

Hoping to find others who are on a similar timeline.

3 hours ago, Caybot said:

This doesn’t happen to me, but I feel I can eat/drink more than many when I read others’ posts here. I can take a big gulp or a big bite without any issue for the most part. If I do eat or drink too quickly I do experience a slight pressure sensation but it passes.

I will add though that I had a band for 11 years and thus I likely have already assimilated to eating and drinking a LOT slower than most. For the last 7 years or so if I didn’t I’d bring it back up. That is the reason for my revising to the sleeve and so far I’m already able to eat denser and different food than I have been able to before (4 weeks post op on Wednesday)

Thank you !!

anyone have any Protein recommendations besides Premiere (who apparently is having a recall of some of their products), or Ensure Max ? Any protein powders you guys like putting in your Water ?

Thanks,

S

Hello,

I am new to the community. I had my sleeve on 07/19/2022. The first 2 days were HORRIBLE! However that 3rd day was tolerable. I am now 4 weeks out and I'm struggling with how to put my meals together to get my Proteins.

I had RNY July 20th. At my one week checkup I had lost 10 lbs. I weigh myself weekly and the last 2 weeks I haven't lost anything. 0 lbs in 2 weeks. Living off soft foods and have low energy levels for what? I'm starting college on the 29th and was hoping to have lost some weight by then. My mood has been all over the place. I've been crying and am regretting this surgery so badly.

I hear everyone who is fed-up with the Protein shakes! I bought a 12 pack of the ‘liquid drink variety—Protein20, or Something like that because I just couldn’t tolerate the taste of the shakes constantly. These aren’t that much better because they’re kind of sickeningly sweet but the strawberry flavor is passable if I drink one every few days. They have 20 g of protein each.
last night I had cream of broccoli Soup, but I didn’t know how much to have because it wasn’t indicated in my program manual. So I slowly ate 4 ounces and it didn’t seem to bother me. Does that sound about right? I did pour a small Amount of the Unjury chicken broth Protein Powder in it and it didn’t Ruin the taste, thankfully.

Question: Has anyone used the plain protein powders by adding them to Soups or yogurt or pudding, etc, in order to maintain protein levels for each day? If so, which brand? I will do anything not to have to drink the shakes twice a day. Thank you.

Two weeks Post-Op today... The first 2-3 days were the worse with gas pains. Ended up at the hospital for two days, instead of one. I was given a prescription for pain: Percocet, and a prescription for nausea. Thankfully, I never had to use the nausea medication. Doc said all my incisions have sealed up and are healing well. Tried eggs for the first time last week and those went down and continue to go down well. Nothing so far that I've tried has given me any pain/issues, with the exception of a small Breakfast burrito from WaWa (which I should've known better to try). I actually broke out of the 300's today, and weighed in at 299.8 lbs, which is 26 lbs less than what I started with, the 1st day of the pre-op diet. If I were to have to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat! I hope everyone else out there is having a similarly nice enough experience thus far.

I am two weeks out today too! Such a huge change! I wish I had been kept overnight for pain management, but I survived :) Great job on the weight loss! I am loving the scrambled eggs with a touch of reduced fat cheese, definitely has become my staple!

HW: 293 SW(before pre op diet): 289.4 CW: 250.1

Hey guys, wanted to throw out a update. If you guys remember me i had atypical case. To sum it up, my surgery was July 21st. I battled intense itching all over my body hives on stomach, severe nausea, weakness, vomiting, couldn’t eat or drink. IV infusion was needed. Nurse came to the house I got 2 liters of fluids,vitamins,and nausea meds. It helped get me back to zero. The itching turned out to be an allergic reaction to GERD medication. Still a battle but I feel I am going in a good direction. I physically can’t drink any Protein Shakes, etc. I just vomit. So i been moving little ahead with diet. I eat flounder with lemon and it was the best. Felt like I was getting nutrients finally. Im eating other things but its def a full time job drinking and eating.Everyday is a challenge but I’m getting there.

(This is for the ladies)-Well I got my period few days ago, and it hasn’t been great. It is so heavy, cramps unbearable,I was so worried. Spoke to doctor said it is normal apparently Estrogen is stored in your fat cells and you are losing fat or something like that lol. I usually take Midol for cramps but I haven’t because it has caffeine. But doctor told me just take it but I’m not going down that road. I don’t need caffeine headaches or any upset stomach issues.

My weight was 257 now I weigh 215.