Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Hi all! Looks like you're all doing fairly well! I had my 8 week post op yesterday and I am down 46 lbs (from 259 to 213) and 8 BMI (44 to 36)! I've slept the last few nights without my CPAP, too! I feel absolutely great and regret nothing. Now that I am on a general diet I've had to remind myself to eat slower. A couple of times I ate too fast so the food was stuck, causing me to vomit it back up. I'd like to say that I've learned my lesson, but some habits are hard to break.

Non-scale victories:
Weaning off CPAP
I can cross my legs (lol)
I fit in the non-plus size section (woo-hoo!)
Much more energy



Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2022 at 8:15 PM, HealthierMe2022 said:

Hi all! Looks like you're all doing fairly well! I had my 8 week post op yesterday and I am down 46 lbs (from 259 to 213) and 8 BMI (44 to 36)! I've slept the last few nights without my CPAP, too! I feel absolutely great and regret nothing. Now that I am on a general diet I've had to remind myself to eat slower. A couple of times I ate too fast so the food was stuck, causing me to vomit it back up. I'd like to say that I've learned my lesson, but some habits are hard to break.

Non-scale victories:
Weaning off CPAP
I can cross my legs (lol)
I fit in the non-plus size section (woo-hoo!)
Much more energy



Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey, those NSVs and your losses are awesome!

How do you know you don't need your CPAP, do you have a sleep tracker that tracks your breathing, heart rate and blood oxygen level? I had to sleep without my CPAP for a week and I thought I was fine, too. Then, I looked at my Sleep Tracker (my bed is fancy and records breathing/heart rate, but not oxygen level) and my sleep score was way down all week and I snored more, breathed in a sporadic way and my heart rate went up (that's what makes us gasp in our sleep to get in more air, usually doesn't wake you up). I highly recommend another sleep study before you just stop using your CPAP, you could be hurting your heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2022 at 11:01 AM, Bridge1967 said:

NSV-Got engagement ring back on

Ordered 2 sizes smaller swimsuit

Dropped one size in pants, almost a second size

WooHoo Bridge!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, MissMerryberry said:

Hey, those NSVs and your losses are awesome!

How do you know you don't need your CPAP, do you have a sleep tracker that tracks your breathing, heart rate and blood oxygen level? I had to sleep without my CPAP for a week and I thought I was fine, too. Then, I looked at my Sleep Tracker (my bed is fancy and records breathing/heart rate, but not oxygen level) and my sleep score was way down all week and I snored more, breathed in a sporadic way and my heart rate went up (that's what makes us gasp in our sleep to get in more air, usually doesn't wake you up). I highly recommend another sleep study before you just stop using your CPAP, you could be hurting your heart.

Good question! For the CPAP, I only started using it about 8 years ago due to weight gain. Even after sleep study in 2014 they indicated I was borderline apnea and was given CPAP to help sleep better. Doc said I could try to go off so I tried. I actually sleep with my smart watch which tracks blood oxygen, heart rate, sleep cycles and snoring. I still snore but my heart rate and blood oxygen is good. I did use my CPAP again last night to see if it affected my sleep any and I did sleep a bit better. My doc said probably another 20ish pounds and (fingers crossed) I can go off fully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, HealthierMe2022 said:

Good question! For the CPAP, I only started using it about 8 years ago due to weight gain. Even after sleep study in 2014 they indicated I was borderline apnea and was given CPAP to help sleep better. Doc said I could try to go off so I tried. I actually sleep with my smart watch which tracks blood oxygen, heart rate, sleep cycles and snoring. I still snore but my heart rate and blood oxygen is good. I did use my CPAP again last night to see if it affected my sleep any and I did sleep a bit better. My doc said probably another 20ish pounds and (fingers crossed) I can go off fully.

Oh good! I'm glad your doctor and you have a plan!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to read everyone’s updates! I’m doing wonderfully. I am the happiest I have been for years and I feel great in my skin.

I don’t know my weight but a few weeks ago I was at 199 (215 pre op) which I am delighted with. I know from my clothes it is still coming off but I am working through a bunch of issues with the scale so I’m not weighing myself. I’m also super lazy and I am sure it would be coming off quicker if I actually worked out once in a while.

Note that I eat three times as many carbs as my dietician recommends and I eat significantly more calories than I need to survive. I am content to gauge and eat when I am hungry and as an ED survivor that is a huge win in itself. I’m not in a hurry.

I’m cooking almost everything from scratch and it’s delicious. I can eat about 3/4 cup to a cup depending on consistency. No heartburn or any other adverse issues, and I stopped omeprazole two weeks after surgery. I consider myself very fortunate.

My main reason for the revision was so I could eat dense foods that would just come right back up with the band. I am so grateful to take a big bite of anything and I feel a wonderful freedom with that.

cay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • ludosummerl

      An online Ludo game is called Ludo Summer. Ludo Summer supports local multiplayer, internet multiplayer, and computer opponents. A record breaking casual game in the history of mobile gaming · Voice Chat, 6 Player Ludo, Quick Ludo mode, Tournaments, and many other exciting features!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Nonna1213

      Hi!  I am 7weeks post-op. Have lost a total 65lbs, 27 since surgery. Anyone else on my same timeline
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Giginc

      Just starting my journey...little nervous
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Joset

      My name is Jose and I am from the UK, I had a gastric bypass a month ago so I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey.
      I would like to know how many calories I should be eating a day to stay healthy, thank you for your time
      · 1 reply
      1. summerseeker

        Hello Joset, why haven't you been given a diet plan? Did you have your surgery in the UK? Every surgeon has a different diet, and no two people are on the same one. Weird I know. Contact your team if you can

        Mine was two weeks clear liquids

        Two weeks on soups, milk shakes and broths all with out lumps

        two weeks on pureed foods { I couldn't stomach this step }

        two weeks on soft foods like Protein yogurt, stewed mince and veg, soft scrambled eggs. Pate on hard crackers

        Then onto any food I fancied. If you struggle on any step or with any foods go back a step for a few days. Eggs, salmon and chicken are hard for beginners.

        Sorry I missed your original post, hope you are still on here.

    • SpartanMaker

      Today is the day!  Have to be at the hospital in a couple of hours.  So ready get this done!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×