Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! Longtime lurker, first time poster.

Posting because I have an actual surgery date: July 27. Looking forward to this being my new Independence Day!

Hoping to find others who are on a similar timeline.

July 6th here! So nervous!

That's so awesome! My surgery date is July 27th as well. Small World!

Not gonna lie to y’all … I’m reading about and looking at waaaayyyyyy too much plastic surgery content. Like my brain has skipped over all the VSG work/effort/difficulty. I need to rein it back in and concentrate on the next step, instead of 10 steps down the road!

Nothing wrong with looking forward to the future. However, as we all know, there will be some tough, trying days ahead, and regrets and confusion. Use this time as a time to reflect on the choices and changes you'll be making in the next few months. Then, use the possibility of plastic surgery as a motivator to put in the hard work following your surgery. You got this!

July 7th for me. Day 2 of Liver Shrinking Diet. Alternating between nervous and excited.

So my surgery was originally July 6th, but it got moved to the 14th. I am on Day 2 of the pre op diet. Pray for me. 😂

Thank you for adding me. My surgery date is July 5th. I'm nervous. About a week ago I started questioning myself if I was doing the right thing. As of today I definitely feel like I am doing the right thing. Glad to be in this group.

Sent from my SM-G998U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 7/2/2022 at 1:10 PM, Sheila22 said:

Thank you for adding me. My surgery date is July 5th. I'm nervous. About a week ago I started questioning myself if I was doing the right thing. As of today I definitely feel like I am doing the right thing. Glad to be in this group.

Hope everything goes well for you! Let us know how everything turned out :)

On 7/1/2022 at 12:02 PM, daynuhlicious said:

So my surgery was originally July 6th, but it got moved to the 14th. I am on Day 2 of the pre op diet. Pray for me. 😂

How's the diet going? Did you make it through the 4th ok?

What's on your diet plan?

Just now, Sheila22 said:

Today did not go well. When I got to the hospital to sign in. I was told that my surgery was canceled, because I tested positive for covid on Saturday. I know have to reschedule my surgery.

Oh no!! I hope you're feeling ok, and that they get you rescheduled soon.

Maybe they have some kind of scheduling flexibility in place for instances like this? You cannot possibly be the only one. Crossing my fingers for you!

22 minutes ago, Sheila22 said:

Today did not go well. When I got to the hospital to sign in. I was told that my surgery was canceled, because I tested positive for covid on Saturday. I know have to reschedule my surgery.

So sorry to hear about this! I hope you get to feeling better and that your surgery is quickly rescheduled.

3 hours ago, MrsPinedo said:

How's the diet going? Did you make it through the 4th ok?

What's on your diet plan?

It is going relatively well. I made it through the 4th only because the family didn't really have some big cookout. Probably because of me, which I am thankful for.

Day 6 of 14 now. So I do 4 Protein Shakes a day. For the first 12 days I can have unlimited non-starchy vegetables, 1 serving of fruit, and 1tbsp (I think) of fats (butter for veggies or half an avocado.

I have been sticking to just the Protein shakes as much as possible though and only use the veggies etc when I feel like I'm gonna die. As if the morning of Day 5 I was down 6 lbs.

Edit: Also helps that the hubs is doing it with me as much as he can. He works in a lumberyard so the heat and manual labor he needs his energy, but if he can, he will just drink protein shakes so I'm not alone. And if he does cheat I don't know about it, so I don't want to as well

Edited by daynuhlicious