Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hydration and vitamin bar ? 🤔



Recommended Posts

Just thinking …. This is a local hydration Vitamin bar. Would anyone try this immediately Post op for wellness and recover just to get by the rough patch.< br /> It is medically supervised. Curious as too what everyone’s thoughts are who have been there and needed IV for dehydration after surgery. I will ask my surgeons thoughts when I go next.

730438A0-EADA-48E4-90D2-C9EAF7DC9C90.jpeg

C0FFB7A8-FE1D-4E64-95E5-FCFAD046344E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t. My aunt did that and had some issues and was told it’s BECAUSE she wasn’t getting enough fluids with it. Now that she’s getting enough she swears by it that she feels better but immediately post op so many people struggle to get enough fluids that I would wait until drinking enough fluids at least and even still I would ask a doctor if it was really better than the Multivitamin as to not waste my money. Another note. If anyone IS dehydrated post surgery. Don’t wait until it’s so bad you need to go to the ER. My doctor arranged from me to get an IV as an outpatient and it was no big deal. I was so worried about it and was so glad she arranged it for me. I felt so much better afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sleeved on 12/22/2021. I've done several IV's since my surgery. Love them but the place near me is way more expensive than yours and I can't afford to do them as much as I would like. I wish I had one of your places where I live. I always get the "Myers" with add on glutathione. It's your Triple Immunity RX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where i live there is a company that does Mobile IV hydration and you can add from a large list of Vitamins to it. They send out a Registered Nurse to your home to do it. Its expensive as you can see. I would have if i didnt have issues with needles lol. Even the hospital staff took over 20 minutes to find a vein on me. lol

a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, armartin98 said:

Sleeved on 12/22/2021. I've done several IV's since my surgery. Love them but the place near me is way more expensive than yours and I can't afford to do them as much as I would like. I wish I had one of your places where I live. I always get the "Myers" with add on glutathione. It's your Triple Immunity RX.

Would you have used this the first week after surgery ? Do you think it’s worth it When only a few days post op

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just keep reading so many stories of people not being able to get in the fluids that first week and feeling horrible with brain fog dehydration weakness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, liveaboard15 said:

Where i live there is a company that does Mobile IV hydration and you can add from a large list of Vitamins to it. They send out a Registered Nurse to your home to do it. Its expensive as you can see. I would have if i didnt have issues with needles lol. Even the hospital staff took over 20 minutes to find a vein on me. lol

a.png

Yikes that is a bit expensive !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jessica1024 said:

I just keep reading so many stories of people not being able to get in the fluids that first week and feeling horrible with brain fog dehydration weakness

Getting in my fluids has been a real struggle since surgery. Protein has been easy but fluids are hard lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, liveaboard15 said:

Getting in my fluids has been a real struggle since surgery. Protein has been easy but fluids are hard lol.

When was your surgery ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jessica1024 said:

Would you have used this the first week after surgery ? Do you think it’s worth it When only a few days post op

I would ask the IV store. Mine helped me a lot and suggested I get the big hydration bag. I started the IV 1 or 2 weeks after surgery. I also did acupuncture for healing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jessica1024 said:

When was your surgery ?

12/22/2021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

our clinic advises against those, but YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShoppGirl said:

I wouldn’t. My aunt did that and had some issues and was told it’s BECAUSE she wasn’t getting enough fluids with it. Now that she’s getting enough she swears by it that she feels better but immediately post op so many people struggle to get enough fluids that I would wait until drinking enough fluids at least and even still I would ask a doctor if it was really better than the Multivitamin as to not waste my money. Another note. If anyone IS dehydrated post surgery. Don’t wait until it’s so bad you need to go to the ER. My doctor arranged from me to get an IV as an outpatient and it was no big deal. I was so worried about it and was so glad she arranged it for me. I felt so much better afterwards.

I was just thinking “in addition” . I was looking at the hydration bags and not so much the Vitamin injections right away. And Never in place of regular vitamin intake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

this article from Cedars-Sinai hospital in LA says there's little scientific evidence that these work. Sounds like a big profit maker for these places.

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/blog/iv-vitamin-therapy.html

Edited by catwoman7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jessica1024 said:

When was your surgery ?

April 18th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Sunshine Princess

      I just had a teaspoon of hummus with a teaspoon of avocado topped with a teaspoon of greek yogurt and it. was. GLORIOUS. I'm four days out and my surgeon gave me the greenlight to work in small amounts of pureed food. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • lizardskelter

      done
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • heyitsdilly

      I've officially surpassed 80lbs of weight loss! Working on that 100lbs!
      · 1 reply
      1. acopas

        Way to go!

    • Songbyrd420

      Kind of nervous, as expected. One month out from surgery!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • lauren.g

      😫 Hi, I’m new to bariatricpal! I am 8 days post op VSG. I am struggling very badly. I’ve been so emotional because I feel like I’m doing wrong. I’m afraid I’ll eat or drink to fast or eat the wrong thing. I’ve been on Pinterest and YouTube constantly for help. I have followed all of my surgeons and dieticians instructions. I just don’t know if my body is getting enough. Today, I am weak, sore, and just exhausted. 
      · 2 replies
      1. Tara A

        It passes!! Everyone goes though it! It is a short term emotion! I'm almost five years post op! You made the right decision! Don't focus on the change right now. Try to entertain your mind. What your feeling only last about a week. It's related to your body adjusting and you mind adjusting. You got this!!

      2. SleeverSk

        I agree with Tara it's hard right now but it gets better do t forget your hormones will be all over the place you may even feel depressed. Be kind to yourself reach out and talk to people how you are feeling .

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×