Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nurseamy's tummy tuck/Lipo/Mastopexy

Amy: How is your energy level? Is it getting any better? I guess that is my biggest complaint. I'm more tired than I think I should be. I look at certain areas on my body and have little complaints, but when I look at my before pictures I know that I look a lot better than I did and try not to be obessive about it. Really glad I took my own nude before pictures! Amy, my daughter is having a major issue with her wedding dress. It has nothing to do with lapbands or plastics, but check out my rant on my thread and give me your opinion about what we should do? Thanks! http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f12/kareyquilts-tummy-tuck-bl-lipo-ba-52831/index14.html#post778901

Amy: How is your energy level? Is it getting any better? I guess that is my biggest complaint. I'm more tired than I think I should be. I look at certain areas on my body and have little complaints, but when I look at my before pictures I know that I look a lot better than I did and try not to be obessive about it. Really glad I took my own nude before pictures! Amy, my daughter is having a major issue with her wedding dress. It has nothing to do with lapbands or plastics, but check out my rant on my thread and give me your opinion about what we should do? Thanks! http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f12/kareyquilts-tummy-tuck-bl-lipo-ba-52831/index14.html#post778901

Hey Karey! My entergy level is ok...not much choice between,baseball,softball,dance and a 1yr old:crying: I still feel like my Lipo area/inc under my arms and my flanks are on fire at the end of the day but it does get better day by day.

R/t the wedding dress issue.I would def be getting a refund!!!That is way too much money to spend on a dress that is "not the one"

Speaking of wedding dresses,I tried mine on the other day and it was too big:thumbup:I will be married 12yrs in June so I was excited!

Edited by nurseamy

That's very cool about your wedding dress! My energy level sounds similar to yours. I'm okay until about 5 or 6 and then I'm a little painful and cranky! Don't know what I would do if I had a 1 year old. My 9 year old is helpful, but we have the lessons, etc. If we get a refund on the dress, than we won't have time to get a new dress made. The wedding is in less than 2 months. I think that the designer could put a rush on his dress and make good on what we bought. My daughter looked for several months and it took her a long time to choose her dress. She loved the sample dress and knew it was the "one". I think they should fix it. We shouldn't be penalized for their screw up. My husband will be making some phones calls Monday morning. I think that my daughter was too nice. She said she was in schock and just trying not to cry. We'll see what happens.

Hi Karey,

I had my tt four days ago and I hurt. It is not a pain, but a burning and sometimes a pulling/itchy feeling. I also have drains-DOUBLE YUCKY!! How long before I feel like normal? Be well.

Fran

Amy - I love looking at your pics, its so inspiring and makes me excited about getting my own tt done. How are you doing a month out now, are you still swollen? You don't like like you have swelling.

Amy, I think the wedding dress drama is resolved. Here is what happened. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f12/kareyquilts-tummy-tuck-bl-lipo-ba-52831/index15.html

Fran: It does hurt. I think within the next week you won't be as painful. I rarely having any burning sensations now. Just stay ahead of the pain with your meds if you need them. I took mine at night for about a week to help me sleep. You're going to be stiffer at night and when you first wake up, becuase the lymphatic drainage depends on body movement to circulate (unlike, say your heart). So night and waking up is the hardest. Try to pump your legs and move a little when you are resting and it should help. Are you happy with the results? Hope your recovery is getting better!

Steph....Thank you! I am doing much better and it gets better daily:wink2: I have been lucky and have not suffered from much swelling.I will take some more pictures next week.I am putting micropore tape on my scar to try and reduced the raised areas so hopefully next week my scar will show some improvement.

Karey....I am glad the wedding dress drama was solved!!!

Amy - are you using the Micropore tape over a silicone sheet or just by itself?

I am using the micropore tape by itself.I am very impressed!!! I have a very raised rope like area in the front and when I took the tape off today it was flat!!! Now it probably would raise again some if I left the tape off but I replaced it.It was wonderful though,to see my "worry" spot flat!!!

Hopefully it will do the trick!

Hi Amy, had a quick question for you. What size were you in preop as opposed to post op? How is your swelling and how long are you postop?

Hi Amy, had a quick question for you. What size were you in preop as opposed to post op? How is your swelling and how long are you postop?

I am 5weeks PO.I was in an 8/10 pre-op and now in mostly 7/8.I have some swelling under my arms and on my back flank area from Lipo but I have not suffered too much from the swelling.I was in jeans with my binder on and drains tucked in at Luby's on PO day 6.

Amy, how are you doing? I have my surgery scheduled for 2 weeks from today. I am a bit nervous. I bought a size 16 tankini yesterday that is totally cute. I might be as low as a size 14 with my thigh lift but for today I am fine with a size 16. Julie

You look amazing! I myself had the lap band done Jan. of 07. As of the past two months. . I have been working with a trainer twice a week and on my own twice a week. I'm kind of disappointed. .as of right now. . I have only lost 38 lbs. I would like to lose another 20 lbs but it seems to be very difficult.

As of a month ago. .out of being desperate to be thinner. . .I started the Lipo dissolve. I won't see any results until my 3rd or 4th time around. So cross your fingers.

My husband and I agreed to work out for one year with a trainer and see where I am at, at that time. . If I still feel I need a Tummy Tuck. . we will then move forward with the process.

Any encouraging words?

Kiresk: It takes a while to get results when working with a trainer. You may find that you don't loose a lot of weight right off. If you're working hard, you're probably gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat! Keep at it! When I started with my trainer, I didn't lose any weight for a couple months. But, I did lose inches. Take your measurements and you'll see. I also had to get very serious about counting calories, increasing my Protein intake and taking a multiple Vitamin. After working with the trainer for 6 months, I had lost 30 pounds and 3 sizes. For the last 2 months before my TT, I worked with a trainer 3 times a week and got off the last 10 pounds. It was HARD work, but well worth it. My PS said that I had little fat on my stomach skin, just 5 pounds of skin. That made it all worth it! Keep working, do cardio when you aren't working with the trainer and watch what you eat. Good luck!

Thank you for getting back with me. It has been discouraging. I did get a fill last week so I am hoping that will help.

Have you ever heard of Lipo dissolve. . if so, what are your thoughts?