Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2022 surgery buddies

24 minutes ago, acopas said:

I personally don't like the powders and use the ready to drink shakes. I prefer Atkins Milk chocolate Delight to just about anything else.

I haven't been really thrilled with any of the shakes so far...out of everything I've tried, I prefer the FairLife chocolate...so far. That being said...I am getting ready (as read this) to try an Atkins. I only buy ready to drink -- just because i can keep them in my fridge in my classroom at school.

I did not like Premier, and I wasn't crazy about Muscle Milk chocolate.

Verdict: Atkins: Tastes the most normal of all that I have tried...even FairLife.

Atkins is good but only 15g protein… premier has 30g ..

2 minutes ago, Veritas34 said:

Atkins is good but only 15g protein… premier has 30g ..

Atkins Plus is 30 grams of Protein. 1 gram of sugar. It appears to meet the requirements I was given: at least 15 grams of protein, 20 grams or less total carbs (it has 9), 10 grams or less sugar (it has 1), 10 grams or less total fat (it has 5).

If I'm missing something, please let me know -- seriously. I don't want to mess this up. Thanks in advance.

Didn’t know there was a plus version. That’s awesome I like the Atkins flavor but thought it was too little Protein. Thanks for the heads up I’ll check it out .

18 minutes ago, Veritas34 said:

Didn’t know there was a plus version. That’s awesome I like the Atkins flavor but thought it was too little Protein. Thanks for the heads up I’ll check it out .

You are welcome. I don't dread the thought of drinking the Atkins Plus. I bought it on Amazon, but i know it was at Walmart and at Target.

Good luck!

On 05/06/2022 at 03:19, CheeChee said:

Hello everyone! My tentative surgery date is June 21st. Fingers crossed.

Congratulations on the surgery date! 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈
I’m hoping for a date around the same time!

Hi there, mine is June 6, 2022. Congrats on your surgery date.

On 4/8/2022 at 4:12 AM, Caryaatid said:

Hi everyone,

Have my date fixed for June 6th in Turkey. I live in Germany. I feel ok about the surgery but mentally quite insecure about the changes that need to come after that, as if I lack the confidence needed to execute all required life style changes. Anyone feels this way? :) how are you coping?

We are surgery date twins!. I'm in Oregon! I'm very nervous about the diet changes and my bodies reaction to foods after the surgery. I'm the type of person that researches everything, so I purchased The High-Protein Bariatric Cookbook by Staci Gulbin. Reading it has helped me feel a bit more prepared but I know not much will mentally prepare me.

On 4/28/2022 at 8:42 AM, RaisnHL said:

I’m curious… how/when did you guys get your surgery dates? I’ve been really hoping to have surgery in June because school will be out, but I’m not sure what to expect.

I’m self pay, in Virginia, and my doctors office wants me to complete 3 diet visits (my last is in May) What should I expect next? I was hoping then I would move straight into the pre op diet phase and get a surgery date.

Hi there, I've had to do the following in order to get my surgery date.

Colonoscopy (turned 50), Barium Swallow test, Extensive blood work, Psychology test, 3 nutritionist consults, 1 psychology consult, sleep study and I was required to lose 15 lbs. My cost after insurance for all of this was 5321.00.

Ask questions, so that you are not surprised by the next requirement.

On 4/27/2022 at 10:52 AM, Jessica1024 said:

Wow Now I feel very rushed at 10 days ! I don’t have a heavy lifting job but I am on my feet standing or walking for most of a 12 hr day

I was told 2 weeks minimum because I am having Laparoscopic RNY

On 4/2/2022 at 5:18 PM, KelsVSG said:

Scheduled for June 16th. I'm feeling nervous about the 2-week pre-op diet. I'm returning to the office and a little worried about being around others without caffeine and being hangry. 😅 Anything you'll are worried about? How much time do you'll plan to take off from work?

I'm not happy about no caffeine either but I understand why. I'm worried about being around people while I am in pain, I do not do well with people helping me. My doctor said 2 weeks minimum but I am hoping less as I'd rather use my PTO for other things. lol😂

Hi all: I’m hanging out in June SB because I am hoping against hope that my surgery date is mid June. My Results visit is 5/16 and I hope to get the date at that visit. Cigna has had my insurance packet for 1 week. Doctor’s office says they take 2 weeks to study it.
I began the liver shrinking diet on Tuesday, 5/3 (per doctors office) and I’m down 6 lbs which is nothing short of a miracle for me.
A typical eating plan in a day is 2 Atkins Plus shakes, 1 or 2 Oikos yogurts, an Aldi Shrimp meal (140 calories), 64oz Water and sugar free ice pops. I WAS hungry on Day 4-yesterday- but I dropped 2 lbs overnight which explains that.
I’m using vitamin patches because they are easy and convenient. My nutritionist said they are not effective but drinking all that water makes the thought of swallowing pills impossible. I get blood drawn in one month and any positive change in my levels means the Patches are okay. We’ll see.
Good luck to all…I am having RNY LAP with hiatal hernia repair.
Oh, yeah, endoscopy scheduled tentatively for 5/20.
Keep your surgery and recovery stories coming. I learn so much from them.

Hi everyone! I have a surgery date of June 20th. My pre-op diet is 2 weeks, so I start it on June 6th.

I'm also interviewing for a new job, and leaving my last job right now. I'm being upfront and mentioning my surgery coming up to new potential employers. So it's a lot of change all at once. All are positive things though, making my life better!