Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies



Recommended Posts

On 04/21/2022 at 18:06, Cara_luvnlite said:






I had the mini bypass because of my acid reflux, I have 4 incisions. That's great, you are kicking butt!! I need to do better with my Water. My energy is getting better too and I'm so thankful for that. I havent weighed myself yet, to nervous... just don't want to get discouraged. I had a solid 4 days of literal mourning my food addiction and second guessing and had been an emotional disaster so the last few days have been a blessing that I'm feeling better.


I feel you on the mourning the food addiction all I want is to eat until I’m full it’s crazy how fast you have to come to terms with your addiction. Many times I wish I had never done this but I also recognize that that’s the addiction talking and that I will find more fulfillment in choosing to be healthy. Just have to keep the mindset I know I shouldn’t be weighing myself but I think after all the dieting that never stuck all the working out and the weight I would shed and quickly gain back the fact I’m watching the scale consistently show me I’m dropping weight it’s helping me realize that I made the right choice. I’m dreading the stalling period already but I’m getting better and not checking everyday but I have a smart scale called Fit Track Pro and every time I weigh myself it keeps track of it and I can watch it decrease and it also measure BMI muscle mass Water intake and visceral fat of course not as accurate as the doctors office but it’s a very nice tool that I have I’m glad your feeling better if you ever wanna chat lemme know I’m always down for conversation ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tina 2.0 said:

You should take the basics, toothpaste toothbrush, hair brush, a book if u like and a charger. I Took my favorite neck pillow. Expect to nap between lab draws, nurses checking on you, and walking. It is hard to get a solid 6-8 but it won’t matter a week from then. Hope your surgery and recovery go very smoothly! I had surgery RNY on 4-5. I am back to All normal activities, bored, not working yet!! So happy with everything so far. I am still in 2 tbs purée 3x/day but I’m fine with that.Never Looking back!

That is fabulous! Congratulations!! You are on the path to your new life! Can’t believe you are back to normal activities. That makes me hopeful. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cara_luvnlite said:

I did mine in Mexico so my answer may differ a bit. I thought I was going to be bummed that my hubs wasn't there but I wasn't at all, I was just so tired and slept a lot.

Tooth brush/paste

Moisturizer

Face wash

Phone charger

Book or kindle

Hairbrush

Extra compression socks

Thank you! I didnt think about compression socks, good to know. Appreciate the feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, mlortega said:

I feel you on the mourning the food addiction all I want is to eat until I’m full it’s crazy how fast you have to come to terms with your addiction. Many times I wish I had never done this but I also recognize that that’s the addiction talking and that I will find more fulfillment in choosing to be healthy. Just have to keep the mindset I know I shouldn’t be weighing myself but I think after all the dieting that never stuck all the working out and the weight I would shed and quickly gain back the fact I’m watching the scale consistently show me I’m dropping weight it’s helping me realize that I made the right choice. I’m dreading the stalling period already but I’m getting better and not checking everyday but I have a smart scale called Fit Track Pro and every time I weigh myself it keeps track of it and I can watch it decrease and it also measure BMI muscle mass Water intake and visceral fat of course not as accurate as the doctors office but it’s a very nice tool that I have I’m glad your feeling better if you ever wanna chat lemme know I’m always down for conversation ❤️

I have the fitindix scale that does that!! It was an inexpensive one I found on Amazon, so cool!! I got the measuring tape thing too taht links to the app. I'm sorry you have struggles as well. As horrible as it sounds it feels reassuring to know that someone else has had the same feelings and that it may be normal for some of us. I cried for days thinking I "ruined my life", which is insanity because this is the complete opposite but when your deep in the feelings it's hard to see clearly sometimes. I'm so thankful that I am now back to my normal mindset and know that this is 100% for the best (hard but a blessing). I understand what you mean about weighing yourself. I don't think that there is a right or wrong approach. I know once I get on that scale it's going to be a battle to nit do it everyday forsure. Same to you, have really enjoyed talking to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FutureMILF said:

Thank you! I didnt think about compression socks, good to know. Appreciate the feedback!

My pleasure! I got mine on Amazon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mlortega said:

I feel you on the mourning the food addiction all I want is to eat until I’m full it’s crazy how fast you have to come to terms with your addiction. Many times I wish I had never done this but I also recognize that that’s the addiction talking and that I will find more fulfillment in choosing to be healthy. Just have to keep the mindset I know I shouldn’t be weighing myself but I think after all the dieting that never stuck all the working out and the weight I would shed and quickly gain back the fact I’m watching the scale consistently show me I’m dropping weight it’s helping me realize that I made the right choice. I’m dreading the stalling period already but I’m getting better and not checking everyday but I have a smart scale called Fit Track Pro and every time I weigh myself it keeps track of it and I can watch it decrease and it also measure BMI muscle mass Water intake and visceral fat of course not as accurate as the doctors office but it’s a very nice tool that I have I’m glad your feeling better if you ever wanna chat lemme know I’m always down for conversation ❤️

Here is a book I found helpful. There are also books about food Addiction specifically.

E68B6538-5F8B-4F39-BE1C-2AB8669318EA.jpeg

A491664F-DD2F-4F8F-A9D9-6C31953B7FDA.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tina 2.0 said:

Here is a book I found helpful. There are also books about food Addiction specifically.

E68B6538-5F8B-4F39-BE1C-2AB8669318EA.jpeg

A491664F-DD2F-4F8F-A9D9-6C31953B7FDA.jpeg

Your amazing!!! Thank you, I literally just downloaded it in 30 seconds on my kindle. Much appreciated for the amazing share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My pleasure. I read this as well as another that my dietitian recommended. This one was a lil kinder and more encouraging. The one strictly about food addiction really got heavy handed about therapy and such like any addiction treatment. If that resonates better with you I can find it and photo it.

T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had mine 4/13! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone. I am three weeks post op and I am doing well. Initially I had some serious set backs ( not due to the surgery itself) that had me in the hospital for two weeks in the ICU. I am lucky to be here as well as grateful. Please please listen to your doctors and follow everything they say. This procedure is a tool only and will not work if you don’t follow the rules. With that being said, I lost 35.6 lbs my first three weeks. That is a great feeling!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Chrissy214 said:

Hello everyone. I am three weeks post op and I am doing well. Initially I had some serious set backs ( not due to the surgery itself) that had me in the hospital for two weeks in the ICU. I am lucky to be here as well as grateful. Please please listen to your doctors and follow everything they say. This procedure is a tool only and will not work if you don’t follow the rules. With that being said, I lost 35.6 lbs my first three weeks. That is a great feeling!!!

I'm so glad your ok, that is incredibly scary. So glad you are feeling better. Wow, that weight loss is incredible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, doinVSGforMe said:

I had mine 4/13! 😊

Awesome! How are you feeling? How's everything going for you so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chrissy214 said:

Hello everyone. I am three weeks post op and I am doing well. Initially I had some serious set backs ( not due to the surgery itself) that had me in the hospital for two weeks in the ICU. I am lucky to be here as well as grateful. Please please listen to your doctors and follow everything they say. This procedure is a tool only and will not work if you don’t follow the rules. With that being said, I lost 35.6 lbs my first three weeks. That is a great feeling!!!

So glad you are doing well! Congratulations on the amazing weight loss! ♥️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2022 at 1:52 PM, Donna Suz said:

Hey everybody. I just had my sleeve surgery on Monday the 4th. I’ve been recovering the last few days with the incision pains and the gas pains, but also my pouch has gotten really swollen. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I came to this thread late, but my sleeve was on the 4th too! How have you been doing since then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Acptfw said:

I came to this thread late, but my sleeve was on the 4th too! How have you been doing since then?

Hi, I’ve been approving every day. Finally have a little more energy and am not near as sore or bloated anymore. The struggle now is going to the bathroom. It’s been a few days so I went and got some suppositories today. I’ve heard it’s really bad if I let it go too long. How about you? How’s your recovery going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • ludosummerl

      An online Ludo game is called Ludo Summer. Ludo Summer supports local multiplayer, internet multiplayer, and computer opponents. A record breaking casual game in the history of mobile gaming · Voice Chat, 6 Player Ludo, Quick Ludo mode, Tournaments, and many other exciting features!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Nonna1213

      Hi!  I am 7weeks post-op. Have lost a total 65lbs, 27 since surgery. Anyone else on my same timeline
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Giginc

      Just starting my journey...little nervous
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Joset

      My name is Jose and I am from the UK, I had a gastric bypass a month ago so I am at the beginning of my weight loss journey.
      I would like to know how many calories I should be eating a day to stay healthy, thank you for your time
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SpartanMaker

      Today is the day!  Have to be at the hospital in a couple of hours.  So ready get this done!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×