Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies

7 minutes ago, Cara_luvnlite said:

That is such a good idea, adding Protein to v8!! Love it!!

Also might try Propel or Gatorade Zero packets for some variety. I get a 50 variety pack on Amazon for around $14. The unflavored Isopure melts well with a cpl shakes and I like theses flavors better than Crystal Light.

Hello everyone my surgery date is Tuesday April 26th and I am nervous and excited. I have a 7 day pre op diet all liquids! First few days were hard now I’m just counting down the days until surgery hoping that my liver shrinks enough so there are no complications. I just recently found this site I have been looking for a support group for so long. I’m very interested to hear from those who have already had the surgery earlier this month .. any best practices or challenges to share? I have read up on everything I can and I’m getting the sleeve.. but reading and watching videos is nothing like experiencing it first hand. Congrats to all who have already gotten through the surgery I’m worried about post op but also excited if that makes any sense at all!

1 minute ago, No2324 said:

Hello everyone my surgery date is Tuesday April 26th and I am nervous and excited. I have a 7 day pre op diet all liquids! First few days were hard now I’m just counting down the days until surgery hoping that my liver shrinks enough so there are no complications. I just recently found this site I have been looking for a support group for so long. I’m very interested to hear from those who have already had the surgery earlier this month .. any best practices or challenges to share? I have read up on everything I can and I’m getting the sleeve.. but reading and watching videos is nothing like experiencing it first hand. Congrats to all who have already gotten through the surgery I’m worried about post op but also excited if that makes any sense at all!

Congrats! I was sleeved on 4/19, had a two week liquid diet prior. The surgery itself went great, the gas pains after were no joke but walking and gas x helps a lot. I needed pain meds the first day and a half I was home I have been managing the pain with Tylenol since then. I found a heating pad helps a lot with abdominal pain. I don’t feel overly tired at all but I do feel hungry! I was able to go on soft foods today so I had 2 Protein Shakes and three 2oz meals. Also trying to get in all my liquids. Overall, very pleased.

8 minutes ago, Goldengirl321 said:

Congrats! I was sleeved on 4/19, had a two week liquid diet prior. The surgery itself went great, the gas pains after were no joke but walking and gas x helps a lot. I needed pain meds the first day and a half I was home I have been managing the pain with Tylenol since then. I found a heating pad helps a lot with abdominal pain. I don’t feel overly tired at all but I do feel hungry! I was able to go on soft foods today so I had 2 Protein Shakes and three 2oz meals. Also trying to get in all my liquids. Overall, very pleased.

Wow congratulations I hope that I am able to go on soft foods that quickly! Thanks so much for sharing I feel so much better being able to talk to people about this! My family hasn’t been very supportive and they don’t understand why I have made this decision which makes it even harder for me. I can’t stand the comment “all you have to do is stop eating and lose the weight” every time I hear that I cry inside because they just don’t understand. Thanks for the advice I’m going to get a heating pad just in case

7 minutes ago, No2324 said:

Wow congratulations I hope that I am able to go on soft foods that quickly! Thanks so much for sharing I feel so much better being able to talk to people about this! My family hasn’t been very supportive and they don’t understand why I have made this decision which makes it even harder for me. I can’t stand the comment “all you have to do is stop eating and lose the weight” every time I hear that I cry inside because they just don’t understand. Thanks for the advice I’m going to get a heating pad just in case

You’re welcome! Yea my family was against me having it also. This site is great for advice and just encouragement. Yea definitely get a heating pad. I also got an abdominal binder but I never used that. Also stock up on chewable gas x they will be your best friend!

Family is hard! My family said much of the same..’why would you butcher a perfectly good stomach’ ‘ just show some will power’ and so on. Then as I lost weight the snide comments about ‘doing it the easy way’ and subtle sabatoge having slider food and sweets around. Develop your support system, and stay focused! If you have a local support group with your doctor go to it, if you are not a gym person see if there is a Meet Up walking group you can join. Buy a Bariatric cookbook for guidance as you heal and take on life long changes. Your family can eat the same healthy foods, just different portions.

Best of Health!!

Tina

April 5th was mine

25 minutes ago, Nina1987 said:

April 5th was mine

Awesome! How are you doing with everything?

8 hours ago, No2324 said:

Hi! I’m April 26th as well! Today is the first day of my 2-day liquid diet and I’m as nervous about that as the actual surgery!

On 04/24/2022 at 00:54, Nina1987 said:

April 5th was mine

How are you doing?

16 hours ago, Quesodip251 said:

Hi! I’m April 26th as well! Today is the first day of my 2-day liquid diet and I’m as nervous about that as the actual surgery!

Good luck to you both!!! I go in tomorrow for mine. You will be ok on the liquid diet. Just keep yourself busy and distracted so you dont have time to think about it! I am nervous about the liquid diet post op when I wont be able to ‘keep busy’. Hoping to be able to sleep tonight before the big day. We got this, girls!! 💪🏻👙😘

2 minutes ago, FutureMILF said:

Good luck to you both!!! I go in tomorrow for mine. You will be ok on the liquid diet. Just keep yourself busy and distracted so you dont have time to think about it! I am nervous about the liquid diet post op when I wont be able to ‘keep busy’. Hoping to be able to sleep tonight before the big day. We got this, girls!! 💪🏻👙😘

You all will be amazing!!!! Get some rest tonight!!!

Sorry, I forgot to quote this. Haha

Edited by Acptfw
I don’t know how to internet. LOL

On 4/22/2022 at 11:14 AM, Donna Suz said:

Hi, I’ve been approving every day. Finally have a little more energy and am not near as sore or bloated anymore. The struggle now is going to the bathroom. It’s been a few days so I went and got some suppositories today. I’ve heard it’s really bad if I let it go too long. How about you? How’s your recovery going?

I’m so glad you’re improving a little every day!! It sounds just about the same as what I’ve been feeling too. I had a little bit of depression the first 2 weeks, but has gotten better the last week or so. 😊

Tomorrow is surgery day. As I pulled into the parking lot this morning I could hear the Annie song in my mind "The sun will come out tomorrow..."