Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

American Idol '08

smatyas

Honestly, none of the girls did 'it' for me this week. Normally, I don't care much for the guys, but love the girl's night. This year I don't have any girl I particularly like, and none of them wowed me last night, opposed to 4 guys that really wowed me.

I think from the girls I like Amanda the best, I was a little worried after her last performance last week, but she totally rocked it out this week and her hair looked a lot better this week. She took Simons advice.

I was wondering about Paula also, I haven't watched this since season 1 since I was in Portugal, but it seems like she can't put together a sentence. I think Brooke is nice too, but I would like to see a rocker win this one. And honestly I think one of the guys will probably win.

Lets see who gets cut tonight!

Soooooo, what did you guys think about the elimination?

I think America got it right. I wasn't surprised by the 2 guys that were sent home. I was a little surprised by the girls. I kinda figured Kady was going, but it was really a toss up between Kristy and Asiah. I did feel bad for Asiah because I thought she did really good and I feel bad about what she's been through, just losing her father.

I was sad to Asiah go. And, I am going to miss Danny and his flippant attitude! He was really quite entertaining. I wasn't surprised about the other guy, though. In the words of Simon, "he is forgettable" and really couldn't hold a candle to the rest of the guys. I never cared for Kady either, she had kind of a snotty attitude I thought.

I was shocked Danny was sent home. I haven't liked his singing till this week, and I was wow'd by how he sang tainted love (he does move weird though!). The first guy who sang this week, I don't even know who he is, I don't recognize him everytime he starts.. I am surprised he didn't go home!!

I wasn't surprised by the Queen singer going, his voice is limited, although I thought he sounded awesome singing Queen Killer!!

The girls have been very forgettable to me, so I don't remember who is who to know if who went home were any good or not.. I guess I'm just surprised elvira is still there.

Georgia you are so right!

I actually agreed all the way around with the eliminiations last night. Did you?

I really find Luke attractive and if he had the right song, I'd love his singing, but he was not the best singer and the other guy has a good voice, but his stage presence was lacking.

Both of the girls that were elminated have good voices, but their performances and stage presence were lacking too. I think we have the best group of final 12 that they've ever had.

Unlike some people here, I don't think that the guys are a lot better than the girls. I think they're pretty even at this point. Now things are going to get fun!

Georgia you are so right!

I actually agreed all the way around with the eliminiations last night. Did you?

I really find Luke attractive and if he had the right song, I'd love his singing, but he was not the best singer and the other guy has a good voice, but his stage presence was lacking.

Both of the girls that were elminated have good voices, but their performances and stage presence were lacking too. I think we have the best group of final 12 that they've ever had.

Unlike some people here, I don't think that the guys are a lot better than the girls. I think they're pretty even at this point. Now things are going to get fun!

Yes, I agree too! America definitely had it right with the guys and I think they got it right with the girls. I thought Asiah and Kristy were pretty close to being even, so IMO, it could have been either one of them. Kady definitely needed to go. Was it just me, or did her whole song sound out of tune? I didn't like it at all.

I think the guys and the girls are pretty equal too, it could be that we are just used to the girls having more talent, from previous years, and now we finally have a lot of majorly talented guys this year. I think we're just not used to the guys being as good.

I really like Jason Castro, David Cook, Brooke White, and Amanda. Even though Brooke and Amanda are total opposites, I like them both, very unique.

I was sorry to see Asiah and Danny go. I really thought Asiah was good, Danny wasn't the best but he had the personality. I agree with Georgia that I love Jason, David Cook, Amanda, and Brook. I also like Michael as well. It's going to be a good battle. I can't wait.

I adore Jason C. My favorite was the Daydream song he sang on the first show...I downloaded it from iTunes. What a fantastic voice!!!

I agree, when he did his rendition of "Daydreams" it was amazing!

Syesha is really the only girl I like.

David Archuleta is going to win it all. I hope. :smile2: I really like the other David, too. And Chikezie.

Boy you're right: Brooke and Carly couldn't be more different and they're both really good!

I have a feeling that David A.'s sweet, coy little boy persona is going to get a little tiresome. His voice is awesome but he sounds a little hoarse when he talks so I'm wondering if he's going to run out of gas somewhere along the line.

Did anyone else notice the Aussie's sweat last week?

Did anyone else notice the Aussie's sweat last week?

I did notice, and I wondered if he had the flu or something. No one seems to be able to escape that crap this year.

I'm surprised that you thought Aisa'h's stage presence was lacking. I thought she was the most personable of the lot. I can't believe she went instead of Kristy Lee. Other than that, I agree with all the other three eliminations. Kady has a good voice, but song choice did her in. Danny's attitude did him in and I wasn't impressed with his version of Tainted Love and Luke was all looks, but his voice did not compare to the remaining singers.

Is this week the week they are doing Beatle's songs?