Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There! Any December 2021 Surgery Friends?

I got my surgery date for the sleeve for December 22, 2021 in Sebastian, Florida. Let's get through the pre stuff together.

I just had my Psych Evaluation, what a joke. The email said to prepare a quiet area for 1 hour. The teleconference was not more than 5 minutes. The therapist said they need the other 55 minutes to write up your report. All she did was ask me questions. I guess it's just a formality.

Great! Mine is December 22nd. I had my dietitian appointment today and it went well. I was a little scared and optimistic but now I'm getting excited after learning more this site has been helpful.

6 hours ago, NikoNiko said:

Me! December 2nd!!!

Awesome. Please keep us posted.

Me!!!! December 8th!!! I am so excited, but kinda nervous if I can actually do this. You know make all the changes needed. Anyone else?

12 hours ago, Lem32 said:

Me!!!! December 8th!!! I am so excited, but kinda nervous if I can actually do this. You know make all the changes needed. Anyone else?

Yes, I'm nervous as well but excited at the same time. It sort of forces you in to doing what is needed and that IS what I need. How did you decide you wanted the Bypass? I had a hard time deciding the Sleeve or Bypass and finally decided on on the Sleeve. Keep us posted.

Hi! I am scheduled for my bariatric sleeve on December 10th. I will be traveling to Mexico because my insurance does not cover weight loss surgery. I’m nervous and excited too. I’m so sick of the up and downs and I’m looking forward to stability, being healthy and looking and feeling good. I provided the clinic with my information and based on the information they suggested the sleeve.

21 minutes ago, Angelina1210 said:

Hi! I am scheduled for my bariatric sleeve on December 10th. I will be traveling to Mexico because my insurance does not cover weight loss surgery. I’m nervous and excited too. I’m so sick of the up and downs and I’m looking forward to stability, being healthy and looking and feeling good. I provided the clinic with my information and based on the information they suggested the sleeve.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.

When I had my first Bariatric doctor visit and decided to do this, I told myself I was not going to say anything about it to my friends. Not close friends but groups of people we hang out with at times. Well, I've been telling a lot of people and I kick myself every time. I just can't shut up about it. Most people look at me like I have 2 heads and go on about how it's extreme and scary and oh "you better be aware that it will change your life a lot". I want to snap back and say, don't you think I know that and don't you think I've done a lot of research on this before I going in to it? Most don't have any clue about it. My fat friends look and feel guilty when I start talking about it, like I'm going to try and talk them in to it.

I guess, I'm just excited and I want to talk about it. Then I get disappointed when I get weird, uneducated, ignorant responses. That's why I love to get on this site. It brings me back to why I'm doing it and how great my life will be and that I'm not alone.

15 hours ago, armartin98 said:

When I had my first Bariatric doctor visit and decided to do this, I told myself I was not going to say anything about it to my friends. Not close friends but groups of people we hang out with at times. Well, I've been telling a lot of people and I kick myself every time. I just can't shut up about it. Most people look at me like I have 2 heads and go on about how it's extreme and scary and oh "you better be aware that it will change your life a lot". I want to snap back and say, don't you think I know that and don't you think I've done a lot of research on this before I going in to it? Most don't have any clue about it. My fat friends look and feel guilty when I start talking about it, like I'm going to try and talk them in to it.

I guess, I'm just excited and I want to talk about it. Then I get disappointed when I get weird, uneducated, ignorant responses. That's why I love to get on this site. It brings me back to why I'm doing it and how great my life will be and that I'm not alone.

This is so common, just remain focused.

I started doing Protein Shakes for Breakfast and the evening for the past week and lost about 6 lbs (probably mostly Water weight). I’ve also been trying out the Protein water/ powders. I don’t start my preop diet until 1 week prior to surgery.

Hey there! I’m scheduled for bypass on Dec. 1. (Originally set for September 15, but the hospital cancelled all elective surgeries because of Covid-related capacity issues, but they’re back on track now.) I toggle between being excited, impatient, anxious, and downright terrified. 😬 Starting pre-op diet next Monday (right in time for Thanksgiving, wooooo), so right now I’m kind of in a “farewell to food” spell. Today’s farewell involved pad thai. Alas.