Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There! Any December 2021 Surgery Friends?

Hi there! I had mine 12/14 and sooo glad I did it. I’ve lost about 38 and am just fine with the slow progress. I don’t regret it for a minute!

55 minutes ago, huskymama said:

Hi!!! I had my sleeve 12/22/2021 I am down 43 pounds! Started at 227 today 183! My 3 month post op was last week Dr said I am loosing at a great rate. My waist was 32 inches around. Ive only gone down to a size 16 in pants i havent lost much on my hips and thighs but the top of me looks great. I have not started at the gym yet but walk daily now that is warming up i hope to be able to start working out daily. I added a new food over the weekend and gained 3 pounds i think its Water My diabetes is almost gone no meds fasting sugars 100-115 and during the day they run around 105. I am on no medication I have fibromyalgia and arthritis and my symptoms have improved 80% at least. I havent had a Migraine since about 2 weeks out of surgery. I feel great and people have actually asked me what face work i have done because I look younger! I tell them nothing I just changed what I eat - uhh true!!!! Hope everyone is doing great! Oh! 310 Nutritional Protein shakes with almond milk - silk sugar free - is amazing and so many flavors when i crave something sweet I grab one but its my go to Breakfast - try them out you will love them!!!

My surgery twin. I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! You have done so well!

I had my sleeve on 12/22. I am down 55 pounds since surgery and down 79 pounds from my highest weight. When I don't have pneumonia like I do now, I walk the dog for 1.5 miles or more per day, I am working out - especially core exercises, and I am keeping to the protein-first plan. I slip occasionally, but I've never had dumping syndrome, so either my stomach is made from Iron or I just know what to put in it. I am more that 50% to my goal weight and can feel it coming....

On 1/17/2022 at 2:46 PM, csrouse said:

Hi all. Wanted to check in and see how folks are doing? I had my sleeve 12/9 and the weight loss is slowing already. Nutritionist says I’m right on track but it sure is hard not to see the scale moving. I’m tracking 100%, hitting my Protein and staying well within calories. It can’t stay stalled forever right?

also how the heck do you update current weight?

Hey all,

I had my procedure on Dec 11. I’m down 59 lbs. starting weight was 236lbs and I’m 177lbs as of today. The last week has been tough for me. I’m craving chocolate and chips and all the bad stuff that put me at my highest weight. I also struggle to get enough Water in and Protein.

Overall I’m so happy with my decision to have this surgery but I now find myself searching for plastic surgeons for tummy tucks and other skin removal procedures.

12/14/22 doing well very happy best thing I’ve ever done wish I’d done it 10 years ago! I love the fact I eat very little! I tried this for years just to feel starved! I’ve lost 55 lbs. 70 from highest weight! Feeling real good!

Had my sleeve done 12/23/2021 and I am currently down 66 pounds from highest weight. Starting weight was 337 and am now at 271. I can’t really tell a difference when I look in the mirror but my friends and family can. Starting to feel a lot more energized and motivated to start exercising, but I still am a little afraid to step into a gym so I excercise at home. I can eat pretty much everything just in small proportions and no longer crave bread. Some days I have this little thought in the back of my mind that says “why did I do this? It can’t be reversed!” But all in all I am glad I made the decision to get the surgery because I know I needed that extra help or tool to help me live a healthier life.

Super excited - had my surgery 12/22/2021 I am hanging around 180 BUT I have been working out so i see the loss just gaining muscle AND I actually went running for the first time in 15 years yesterday!!! I was in track in Jr High and High School and kept up through the years until about 15 years ago I had my ACL replaced in 2011 and had cracked my femor so that started my no running gaining weight journey. It felt amazing. At first I felt my lungs after about 5 minutes and I thought hmm maybe I should stop but then I remembered that feeling from running track and racing it turned from this hurts to oh hell yes I loved that feeling because I knew I was running strong and hard in the day. I ran a mile - many leas than the old me could have - but I was proud of that one mile. And I dont feel bad today - my left hip is a bit sore but its full of arthritis so Im not surprised by that. I will rest today and run tomorrow Im building it back up slowly. I can say Ive lost enough I dont have the fat hitting so it was comfortable to run physically other than im super out of shape. I do have a lot of stomach skin - the Apron - it still carries weight as do my hips and thighs. Im where I want to be with the rest of my body - my husband said he can see my ribs and spine pretty dominant I just cant seem to move the hip, lower tummy and thigh fat. Thats where the last 40-50 pounds are that I need to loose. Im hoping squats and running with get it moving. Thanks for listening let me know if anyone here is starting to run!

Sw 227
4/16/2022 180
TWL 47 pounds

Hi December surgery friends!! Just wanted to check on everyone and see how things have been going...

As for me, I was sleeved on December 22 and have lost a total of 130 lbs. I am down to 185lbs and am working hard on meeting the "estimated goal" of 180 the doctor mentioned at my original consultation. The weight loss has slowed significantly (down to 1-2 lbs a week) but I've been able to incorporate exercising a few times a week when my schedule permits. Similar to @huskymama above, I got a running itch last week and decided to go on a 3 mile jog. Surprising to me, even after not running for years, I was able to do it.

As for eating, I'm still not consuming bread, rice, pastas, or potatoes but have had the occasional potato chip here and there. Also, I'm happy to report I still have my love of pickles and popcorn so no taste bud changes there. I'm keeping my portions at 3-4 oz depending on the food type but have definitely learned to listen to my stomach when i'm full and walk away from the table.

I truly hope everyone is doing well and making positive progress, regardless of what a scale says.

Hey there!! I was also sleeved December 22, 2021. I’ve been loosing very slowly but that’s ok. I’ve lost 41 lbs. about 50 more to go. My blood pressure is a lot lower which makes me happy. My taste buds have changed a little. I didn’t eat much fast food but when I do now I am disappointed in the taste. Don’t care for potato chips anymore or French fries, I know, weird. I’m still trying to adjust my food intake and getting enough Water. I drink a lot of those hydration packets.
I feel so much better and the surgery was the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. I wished I would have done it years ago.

It was nice hearing from you.

Hey, y'all! I'm down about 75 lbs from my highest weight (around Thanksgiving), and down about 60 lbs from my surgery weight on December 2nd. That puts me at the halfway point toward my realistic goal (i.e., not the "medically ideal" weight of 115, which I haven't seen since, like, 5th grade, lol).

The weight is coming off a little slower than I'd prefer, but the non-scale victories are undeniable. My A1C dropped from 8.8 to 6.4, and I expect it to continue improving. I flew to NYC in May and was reasonably comfortable in a coach seat — no seat belt extender necessary! Plus, I walked all over the city for days, and found myself energized, not exhausted. I think best of all, I'm actually enjoying exercise for the first time in my life. It feels like a pleasure, not a punishment. I'm doing everything from the step machine to (tragically slow) jogging, yoga to Beat Saber on the Oculus. Just last October, I was too out of shape to take my kids trick-or-treating, and had to sit down on the curb to keep from hyperventilating. So, the change is dramatic!

I do have more hunger than I would have anticipated. I can easily eat 2,000 kcal a day if I don't police it. I can eat only small quantities at a time, of course, but find myself ravenously hungry an hour later. I try to focus on Protein and healthy fats, which helps. Also, food in general feels less like an emotional coping mechanism than just fuel to keep me going; it's less thrilling than it used to be, which is refreshing. For me at least, bypass is a good tool, but still involves willpower and intent — which I can live with.

So glad to hear from y'all, and to know you're here. :)

Thought I would share some photos of my progress. First image is December 2021, second is today (August 9th 2022). It's been a very difficult journey. Anyone who says surgery is the "easy way out" don't have a clue what they're talking about. Right now im still struggling with low energy levels and getting in enough calories. I now weirdly have the opposite problem of trying to slow down weight loss so I don't become malnourished - the weight loss can feel out of control at times. Just trying my best to eat clean and eat lots of healthy Proteins and fats.

Hope everyone else's journey's are going well.

x

IMG_84422.jpeg

IMG_3529 2_clean.JPG

I had my surgery on 22/12/2021 and have since lost 35kg/77pounds and i’m sticking under 100g of net carbs 55-60 Protein struggling though and aim to never exceed 1200 calories and i still haven’t touched fizzy drinks though i’m realllly struggling to stay away from sweets i used to not be a fan of chocolate and other treats but liked savoury more however I now find myself reaching a lot for chocolate however I recently have been more aware and trying to have less i have gained 2 pounds however I will be losing it and more but I think i’m on stall currently but i’m very happy that I did this surgery and now live quite a normal life compared to before!!