Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey There! Any December 2021 Surgery Friends?

8 hours ago, huskymama said:

Ok doesn’t look like anyones been here for a bit except me lol. I have a question - I’m down 30 pounds and 29.75 inches. Last week I finally broke a stall and went down 3 pounds. Weird thing is I actually should be down 37 inches but gained inches in my biceps and one thigh - weird I know I think it’s lump Fluid because I had the lump nodes removed from that groin as a teenager. I’m 4 weeks one day out. Has anyone else had similar changes in inches? Loosing and regaining? I’m thinking my arms may be muscle because I have been doing some arm weight exercises just 2 pounds. TIA

I stopped weighing in so frequently to avoid driving myself crazy! I haven't had any similar experiences though. Best of luck!

On 01/19/2022 at 17:01, M. Harris said:

I stopped weighing in so frequently to avoid driving myself crazy! I haven't had any similar experiences though. Best of luck!

My Nutritionist and my surgeon both told me I am to weigh and do measurements once a week and record them and take them to my appointments so I do that once a week not daily. Thanks!

Has anyone else kind of hit a stall? I knew it would happen I just didn’t know it would be this soon. I am almost 2 months postop and just started solid foods and it seems like I am gaining everything I lost but am following diet restrictions

I hit a stall at day 10 when I added purée foods I’m 4 weeks 2 days out my stall finally broke over the past weekend. It’s normal you’re lucky you made it that far out without a stall! Your doing great!

Hi, I had my sleeve done on Dec.27th. In 2 days I will be 4 weeks post-op. I've been walking more and more. I was wondering if anyone did anything else besides walking this early on? I was in the mood to play my Just Dance games on Xbox and WII but don't know that I should yet. Any comments or suggestions would be very much appreciated!!

Do t be terrified! The surgery is easy. Just follow your doctor orders and you will be fine. I had the bypass December 17th, and have lost 20 lbs since then.

Today I am 5 weeks 1 day post op and I have to weigh and measure weekly as per my surgeon and nutritionist. Today is that day. I’m loosing 2-3 pounds a week and I’m 70 pounds from goal. I’m on regular food now except crackers raw veggies etc. I’m just bored and not interested in food. Here’s my stats - I’d love to hear how you Dec surgery buddies are doing!
I get to start the gym on Sunday! I’m walking 3 miles a day around the house right now. So ready to go to the gym and see if I can start loosing more than 2-3 pounds a week! 
SW 227
Current weight 195
Inches lost total 32

5’6” my height 52 YO
Sleeved 12/22/2022
Stalled for 14 days 10- days post op

I'm in about the same boat.

Starting weight (on day or surgery): 300.5

Current weight: 305

Eating regular food but have completely stalled for nearly 3 weeks now.

Have been walking up to 2 miles per.dsu, 3.times per week. Would do more.byt this darn RA flare is killing me.. But I know when I lift, I lose fat

Does anyone here smoke? I am not an avid smoker but do enjoy it every here and there. My nutritionist has told me to absolutely not smoke but i do not see how it would affect my stomach ? Just curious honestly. Google is giving me different answers lol

On 01/27/2022 at 07:24, Karimor98 said:

Does anyone here smoke? I am not an avid smoker but do enjoy it every here and there. My nutritionist has told me to absolutely not smoke but i do not see how it would affect my stomach ? Just curious honestly. Google is giving me different answers lol

From what I have read here regarding this and what my Dr said - no I do not smoke or vape but I have a medical marijuana card for my arthritis - he said that it slows healing and just isn’t healthy. He didn’t touch on my medical card he said that is between me and my pain management Dr. My Pain management Dr said that marijuana will help promote healing as it controls my pain. I honestly haven’t even done anything since post op because my arthritis has improved so much just loosing 30 pounds so far that it’s manageable. I have had to take Tylenol 3 times for pain but it worked. So not sure that helped you.

On 01/27/2022 at 01:21, Frazzled said:

I'm in about the same boat.

Starting weight (on day or surgery): 300.5

Current weight: 305

Eating regular food but have completely stalled for nearly 3 weeks now.

Have been walking up to 2 miles per.dsu, 3.times per week. Would do more.byt this darn RA flare is killing me.. But I know when I lift, I lose fat

How far out are you? I used to in my 20s body build I have arthritis pretty bad now all over. I have done the body for life before - it is workout with a good plan that is pretty much what we are to eat post op anyway. 6 small meals a day with high Protein low carb and low fat. I still have my original book from the early 1990s that I’ve pulled out dusted off and have been reading again lol that was seriously my Bible back then. I have a torn shoulder that needs surgery but I am going to try to work the muscles around it to see if it will support it - I may just end up giving myself a Migraine for a week idk but I am going to try. My arthritis has improved greatly since loosing the 30 pounds and eating so much better and cleaner now. Good luck and thanks for your update!!!

6 hours ago, huskymama said:

How far out are you? I used to in my 20s body build I have arthritis pretty bad now all over. I have done the body for life before - it is workout with a good plan that is pretty much what we are to eat post op anyway. 6 small meals a day with high Protein low carb and low fat. I still have my original book from the early 1990s that I’ve pulled out dusted off and have been reading again lol that was seriously my Bible back then. I have a torn shoulder that needs surgery but I am going to try to work the muscles around it to see if it will support it - I may just end up giving myself a Migraine for a week idk but I am going to try. My arthritis has improved greatly since loosing the 30 pounds and eating so much better and cleaner now. Good luck and thanks for your update!!!

My sleeve was 12/22. I think I am likely overeating. I am finding it really hard to get in five small meals per day, even while working from home. I am hitting my Fluid intake without issue. I am likely going to be going back to the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol diet where it makes sense - it is very high Protein, healthy fats, low carbs. I felt so great right out of the gate after surgery. Now, not so much. I just need to figure out how to follow the program better.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:00 AM, huskymama said:

Ok doesn’t look like anyones been here for a bit except me lol. I have a question - I’m down 30 pounds and 29.75 inches. Last week I finally broke a stall and went down 3 pounds. Weird thing is I actually should be down 37 inches but gained inches in my biceps and one thigh - weird I know I think it’s lump Fluid because I had the lump nodes removed from that groin as a teenager. I’m 4 weeks one day out. Has anyone else had similar changes in inches? Loosing and regaining? I’m thinking my arms may be muscle because I have been doing some arm weight exercises just 2 pounds. TIA

I never think abt inches. I’m down 26lbs in 4 weeks but I don’t see much of a difference in my clothing.