Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

'08 - Who do you want?

Who do you want for President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who do you want for President?

• Mitt Romney
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Rudy Giuliani
    • Barak Obama
    • John McCain
    • Joe Biden
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Edwards
    • Fred Thompson
    • Bill Richardson
    • Ron Paul
    • Chris Dodd
    • Duncan Hunter
    • Mike Gravel
    • Tom Tancredo

Edwards actually has some very sound answers and his strategy for handling the economy impresses me. No one running for office is oblivious to China. How could they be? They're the elephant in the room.

Election Results

I think they call this a landslide, also known as 'obama drilled a hole in south carolina and made it his bitch' and 'obama put some coffee in their cream'

I want to vote for Ron Paul but he won't win and I can't vote for him anyway becuase I am a registered democrat...

I may be voting for Obama, the more I study him them ore I like the guy. I do not agree with him on more than a few things but what politician are you ever on a 100% agreement with. And he is bitch-slapping the clintons and that makes me warm and fuzzy inside...:D

fFOR ME iT HAS COME DOWN TO WHICH ONE OF THE DEMOCRATS CAN BEAT ANYONE OF THE REPOS

Interesting comment. It used to be thought that the Dems were a shoe-in because no Republican could win in 2008. Not so anymore, huh?

Derick I so agree with you on finding Obama exciting because he has been able to fairly single-handledly "bitch slap" the Clintons. Hoo-ha!

His message is one that Democrats have always SAID they want to put out there - unifying the country, making us all proud to be Americans, etc., but few Demos have been able to accomplish. Maybe this man has the ability to actually do it.

The Republicans never have been able to unify the country and they never will. It is all about one word, greed.

I saw my first Obama '08 bumper sticker in downtown Dallas last night, and it was a DELIGHT to the thousands of "W" ones I've seen the last few years. Intrestingly Caroline Kennedy wrote and OpEd piece in the NYTimes showing her support for Obama...he might just capture the Democratic Nomination:tongue:!

Election Results

I think they call this a landslide, also known as 'obama drilled a hole in south carolina and made it his bitch' and 'obama put some coffee in their cream'

I want to vote for Ron Paul but he won't win and I can't vote for him anyway becuase I am a registered democrat...

I may be voting for Obama, the more I study him them ore I like the guy. I do not agree with him on more than a few things but what politician are you ever on a 100% agreement with. And he is bitch-slapping the clintons and that makes me warm and fuzzy inside...:rolleyes2:

The bitch slapping the Clintons that Obama has done is the only thing I like about Obama, but for that I'm grateful to him!:cool2:

The Republicans never have been able to unify the country and they never will. It is all about one word, greed.

The country will never be unified under anyone. The goals and values of the two groups are so diametrically opposed that it is, IMO, impossible. And the greed runs on both sides

Exciting day today -- I'm hoping and praying Giuliani has a poor showing in FL and drops out :-D

I'm inclined to believe Guiliani will drop out today - Right now Mit & McCain are at a statistical tie according to MSMBC.

mitt romney. we need a strong financial leader . he is also the only one who seems to talk about china.. most americans dont have a clue to the real issues that are hurting this county.... romney has a proven record. he got his mba at harvard.. ( ok so im impressed.)

So he got an MBA at Harvard. Harvard gave us W. too, so that's two strikes already. Romney had the NERVE to stand up and say that he is the only candidate who knows what it is like to hold a real job! PLEASE! He was born with a golden spoon is his mouth and everything he has (including his education in all likelihood) has been handed to him on a golden platter!

If Mummy and Daddy donate enough money, you can have any degree you want, and if they own the company, you can have any "job" you want. Tell me that Mitt worked for minimum wage at Mickey D's and then we'll talk. Romney has spent millions of his own fortune on this campaign and still he is only running second to a guy that could barely make payroll. Haven't we had enough of "them" and isn't it time for one of "us" in the White House (I am referring to socio-economic status only here).

None of the candidates are "poor" (it takes millions to run for office these days), but of the field, Romney has a definite financial advantage, and I am sure he would work just as hard as W. to help his friends keep their financial advantages at our expense. :frown:

Can we do a new poll now that things have narrowed down quite a bit?

I'd be interested in seeing the results.

(Morbid curiousity)

I think that is a good idea. Smatyas probably deserves the honors if he is interested, but if not feel free to set it up.

I think that is a good idea. Smatyas probably deserves the honors if he is interested, but if not feel free to set it up.

LOL I'm not sure who all is still in the running!!!!!!!

Clinton

Obama

Huckabee

McCain

Romney

Who else? Is Ron Paul still in? Any others that I'm forgetting?