Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Surgery Buddies!!

Wow!!! That is great. I loss 74 so far; hoping to lose another 40. That will

put me at my goal weight 😊

23 hours ago, Blueeyekitten said:

Wow!!! That is great. I loss 74 so far; hoping to lose another 40. That will

put me at my goal weight 😊

Thats awesome! Have people already started to notice/comment? I’m sure you’ll lose those 40lbs :) I’m still 45 - 65lbs away from my goal weight depending on where I end up.

37 minutes ago, Arancini said:

Thats awesome! Have people already started to notice/comment? I’m sure you’ll lose those 40lbs :) I’m still 45 - 65lbs away from my goal weight depending on where I end up.

Congratulations to you! Best wishes as you continue! I'm finding my 7th month has really slowed down with the weight loss, but I expected that. I figure it might take 6 more months to get the remaining pounds off -- unless I can find an additional hour to increase exercise!🏋️🚵‍♀️🤸‍♂️🤽‍♀️

Edited by Amy Braun

I'm down 60 since surgery and 110 overall. Despite eating out almost every meal due to traveling for work, I'm losing about 4-6 lbs a month, which is great. I do mostly walking and some swimming, since I've had a few muscle injuries that have prevented me from strength training.

I'm not sure what I weigh not been weighed since November waiting to see the Dietician but don't know when my sister had a shock when she called the other day she said I was half the size I was so cant wait to see what I weigh

It’s weird. I’m hitting all these milestones now back to back to back. 2kg ago I officially left the “obesity” category of the bmi. Now I’m “just slightly overweight”. I’m 1kg away from being in Onderland, which is insane! 🥰 Then another kg and I’m in the 80 digit (89).

Granted I’m cheating by combining metric and imperial weight system’s milestones 🙃 but for the longest time it felt like I was losing weight and losing weight and losing weight and “nothing changed”. I was still viewed as and considered morbidly obese, I felt it too and the clothes I wore were baggy but still okay. Now all of a sudden it’s going super fast and in 12kg I’ll be at the weight I havent been at since 6 years ago. At the beginning of this it felt so insanely daunting (145lb weight loss) and when my surgeon said he thinks I’ll get to somewhere in the 80s I thought he was crazy! I really thought I had “failed” surgery because there were so many stalls and I can eat quite a bit of food. Now I’m just really happy and excited about where this will continue to go, even if it slows down. I will now officially join a gym and get my butt moving again for the first time in 5 years! Kinda nervous. Kinda excited 😊

Sorry for the long post it’s just been on my mind!

I’m 121lbs down now and I have 44lbs to go. For the past two months Ive been losing 2,2lbs per week, which I‘m very happy with. I do find that I need to be mindful and consistent though. Roasted almonds and juices are currently a huge temptation and caloric bomb for me. Unfortunately I have already rationalized buying those foods so I need to figure out a way to stop that. Trying to stay focused and motivated!

I had to delete nuts from my diet, too many calories and not enough satiety. I do find the temptation to snack happening so I'm trying to be vigilant about that.

Fifteen pounds to go, eight months and a week out from surgery.

How is everyone doing??? I'm 6 weeks away from exactly 1 year and honestly, feeling a little defeated that I'm not further along. I'd really hoped to be at goal (about 25lbs to go) or AT LEAST have hit 100lbs down (about 11lbs to go). The weight loss has slowed to a creep the last couple of months, so I'm fairly certain neither will happen. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if I'll really lose any more weight at all!

Of course, I have to look back and be grateful for how far I HAVE come and what I HAVE accomplished. Nearly 90lbs lost, better mobility, back pain gone, asthma significantly improved, some 47 inches lost across my body, labs all perfectly normal and within healthy ranges, finally feeling at peace with my body..... The list truly goes on and on.

This is the work of WLS though, isn't it? Balancing the good with the bad, the hard with the joyful, the work to be done with the progress already made.

How are you all doing?

I’m doing way better then I expected. I’ve lost 137.5lbs weighing in at 142.5lbs. I never really set a goal weight with my surgeon and nutritionist it was more of I want to be able to get off most of the medication I was taking so that’s what we were focused on and it let me not worry about the scale so much. I’m happy to say I’m off all meds with the exception of my AFib meds which unfortunately I’ll never be able to come off of and I’m ok with that. But I think I have finally reached my first stall hard to believe lol as I’ve been stuck on 142.5 around 3 weeks now and again I’m ok with that. Just ready for the next step of skin removal surgery.

They always say those last few pounds are always the hardest to come off. So don’t beat yourself up to bad. You’ve done a great job so far and some don’t even make it that far so be proud of yourself. It’s definitely the way I’m trying to look at WLS as a lifelong process and one that takes work that’s for sure lol. Whoever said this was the easy way out surely has no clue lol.

Hi I'm 4 weeks to being 12 months from my OP I'm 112 lbs down and feeling pretty good could do with losing a little more but my dietitian said if I stayed at that he would be made up with me because I already had the sleeve before I wouldn't lose as much as just having one OP the surgeon told me I would only lose about 3 to 31/2 stone so I think I've done really well