Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I don’t have a lot of loose skin - not handfuls but still good pinches & crumpling. I’ve decided not to go the surgery route. Like @NovaLuna, I can easily cover it with clothes without the need of any support underwear (& that includes in fitted clothing) & no one knows it’s there but me. I feel I sort of earned my loose skin. It’s a reminder every day to stick to my program.

Plus I tend to scar pretty badly. Rather have some loose skin than scars cause I’d be wanting to cover them anyway.

Actually you can see the little pinch of looseness at my waist in the first pxt. Standing up straight though it’s really nothing. So I’ve been pretty fortunate.
B25F9CA5-DFCF-44B6-95C1-9FAB6AA09480.thumb.jpeg.626927d08937ff7adf7250b78534e898.jpeg 306655E6-93BA-4BF2-AB9B-CB40A768AC57.thumb.jpeg.da4681e91847e97e7e554ed39f39e4b4.jpeg

Cannot tell there is any loose skin at all. You look great

On 8/11/2021 at 10:42 AM, kristieshannon said:

Like catwoman I had lots of excess skin after 140lbs weight loss. It was hide able in clothes, not so much out of clothes. I had surgery to have it removed from my abdomen and arms, and will have my thighs done next year. Even if I couldn’t have had plastic surgery the weight loss was worth it. I’d take loose skin any day over those 140lbs.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

what a remarkable difference.

On 8/11/2021 at 9:42 AM, kristieshannon said:

Like catwoman I had lots of excess skin after 140lbs weight loss. It was hide able in clothes, not so much out of clothes. I had surgery to have it removed from my abdomen and arms, and will have my thighs done next year. Even if I couldn’t have had plastic surgery the weight loss was worth it. I’d take loose skin any day over those 140lbs.

Wow what a difference! I still have a few pounds to go to my goal (although I am thinking of lowering another 10 lbs) and I know I want plastic surgery because of all the excess skin. May I ask, how much weight did you lose from the plastic surgery itself? And how did you know you got to the point where you couldn’t get any further without PS?

I’m 50. I had my plastics done a little over 1.5 years ago Don’t regret it one bit. If anything I kinda wish I did more, lol.

I did find that the more weight I lost, I looked less lumpy, but i did look more “crepe-y”

But then the plastics got rid of most of the droopiness (my inner thighs and a$$ are still floppy looking as I did not “plastizise” those areas, but I can live with that, so its all good)

in the link of the pic below, the last pic on the second row was me about a month before my procedures. The 3 pics on the last row are different times AFTER plastics.

Bur even if I didn’t have the plastics, all the floppiness was easily hidden under clothes (see the clothed pics of me in the earlier shots)

whatever you decide, do what makes YOU happy and comfortable. Age is just a number.

Good luck! ❤️

I’m actually shocked by how little loose skin bothers me. I’ve gone from 339-180, and I’m still planning on losing 15 more pounds. I have some loose skin on my upper arms, and some on my abdomen, but overall it just doesn’t look bad in my opinion. Will I be wearing a skimpy bikini around? No but I’m not the kind of person who would do that regardless. I wear regular clothes and it has not bothered me. I may consider skin removal on my upper arms but overall it’s just not these huge hanging piles of skin I had pictured.

Think of it this way. The skin is there right now. You already have all the skin you’re worried about on your body today. Do you want that skin filled with fat? I didn’t!

On 8/25/2021 at 11:28 PM, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

I’m actually shocked by how little loose skin bothers me. I’ve gone from 339-180, and I’m still planning on losing 15 more pounds. I have some loose skin on my upper arms, and some on my abdomen, but overall it just doesn’t look bad in my opinion. Will I be wearing a skimpy bikini around? No but I’m not the kind of person who would do that regardless. I wear regular clothes and it has not bothered me. I may consider skin removal on my upper arms but overall it’s just not these huge hanging piles of skin I had pictured.

Think of it this way. The skin is there right now. You already have all the skin you’re worried about on your body today. Do you want that skin filled with fat? I didn’t!

I have so far lost 175 pounds, and I want to lose at least 30 more. I have a ton of excess skin on my lower stomach and thighs. I will take it ANY day over being as big as I was. I was afraid the loose skin would be heavy or uncomfortable, but it really doesn't bother me at all, and it's easy to hide with clothes. Although I am not too worried about hiding it on my legs. I proudly wore shorts all summer! I feel like I worked hard to get this point and I don't care what anyone thinks about my loose skin as long as I am happy, I which I am. I may have it removed in the future, but it's not likely since I already had to pay for my wls out of pocket. It doesn't bother me if I have to live with it. My life is a million times better when I weighed almost 400 pounds!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi I am 69 turning 70 in December. I just had sleeve done 2 weeks ago. First 5 days were challenging but not bad. 2 weeks post op today. Have lost 17 lbs since surgery starting weight day of surgery 288. This morning 271. Best decision I ever made. Barely taking any diabetes meds. B/p meds cut in half. Good luck to you! Your not to old to live a longer life with quality of life🤗

On 8/11/2021 at 4:19 AM, OhGoOn said:

Hi everyone,

I'm from Birmingham UK. I haven't had any surgery yet, just thinking about it but I was wondering if anyone has a problem with excess skin after a huge weight loss? Is it very noticeable? Is it worse than being over weight?

Also, I'm 70 in April 2022, am I too old or vain for such a procedure?

Yes on the skin and no I dont feel like its worse then being overweight but it does suck after doing all the work.

You are never too old to feel better.