Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 6/3/2021 at 10:56 PM, Sammys_VSG_Evolution said:

My psych and dietician are on the 15th of June, so I'm mentally preparing for that. My surgeon said I will be on minimum 3 weeks of the pre surgery diet. So I'm keeping an eye out for sales of the shakes.< br>I also have to have a blood test sometime this month to double check all my levels as my Iron was a little low so they wanted to make sure I didn't have to have an infusion of that first.
Trying to not psych myself out too much but I also love information so I've been reading and watching so much stuff about pre and post op as it gets closer and closer.

Sent from my SM-G986B using BariatricPal mobile app

I know what you mean about the tricky balance between loving to do heavy research but trying not to psych yourself out too much. I am the same way! Have scoured every platform online for as much info as I can find, and even watched the full length VSG procedure on YouTube 🙈 I actually added "Will you use reinforced stitching over the stapled sleeve?" to my list of questions to the surgeon before I realised that I need to pull back and chill out 😅

Hello, everyone! I am scheduled for VSG on July 14th pending insurance approval. I have an upper GI scope on Monday to check out the condition of my stomach. I had a Lap Band for about 8 years and it had to be removed 6 years ago via emergency surgery when it slipped.

Hopefully everything will look okay in there on Monday and I will be set for surgery. After that I just have one more meeting with my doctor and my pre-op meeting. I'm not really sure what my pre-op diet will be. I guess I will learn about that next week.

I'm definitely ready just to get this over with, and I hope it is less annoying than living with a band was all those years.

I had originally wanted the full gastric bypass, but my surgeon said he is more comfortable with a sleeve after the previous band.

I'm glad to have a support group, and excited for us next month!

1 hour ago, Maribelle76 said:

Hello, everyone! I am scheduled for VSG on July 14th pending insurance approval. I have an upper GI scope on Monday to check out the condition of my stomach. I had a Lap Band for about 8 years and it had to be removed 6 years ago via emergency surgery when it slipped.

Hopefully everything will look okay in there on Monday and I will be set for surgery. After that I just have one more meeting with my doctor and my pre-op meeting. I'm not really sure what my pre-op diet will be. I guess I will learn about that next week.

I'm definitely ready just to get this over with, and I hope it is less annoying than living with a band was all those years.

I had originally wanted the full gastric bypass, but my surgeon said he is more comfortable with a sleeve after the previous band.

I'm glad to have a support group, and excited for us next month!

Hello! I’m scheduled July 9th for bypass. I’m sure each surgeon is different so do what yours tells you. But mine wants me on a two-week diet prior to surgery in the hopes that I’ll lose 10-15 lbs and help shrink my liver for an easier operation.
my nutritionist needs me on two Protein Shakes a day and one light meal, with some Snacks. Salads cauliflower cucumbers etc are unlimited with lite ranch. Some mother snacks were on the list. My clinic is extremely thorough and even gave us a shopping list and discount codes for certain Protein shakes and Vitamins. They want me to also change behaviors prior to surgery, such as no alcohol, no fizzy waters, hew food extremely thoroughly, so I’m used to it by my surgery date.

July, 20th - Is there any sites that you have found to be helpful??

My surgery was originally scheduled for May 14, but insurance wouldn't approve it... My doctors office filed two appeals and the surgery has been finally approved and scheduled on July 9. So excited and nervous at the same time!

Good luck to all of you with preps for July surgeries!

Hi everyone! First post here. My surgery is scheduled for July 7th, first thing in the morning. I'm so nervous, yet excited at the same time. I'm so ready to get my life moving in a healthier direction. 🙂