Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm scheduled for June 28th. Have my final meeting with the nutritionist on the 2nd and will be going liquid a week later. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I've been fortunate that I have been able to get through all the preliminaries and just started on February 10th.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm scheduled for June 7 and wow its getting real! Grateful to have found this site. Good luck to all my June buddies and everyone else too!!

Hello everyone,
I’m scheduled for surgery on June 15th. I’m very excited but scared too. Any advice?

Officially 30 days out! I went to my nutrition class last Friday, which, was very helpful. Though, I've discovered my program seems to be pretty conservative to what most others seem to get. Each stage seems longer (1 month each), but, I'm hoping this is good and will give my new tummy plenty of time to heal and adjust. I am supposed to stop taking my birth control pills today which is making everything seem very real and very close! I've been stalling telling my kids, parents and boss about the surgery and I'm quickly realizing I need to start having those conversations. I have a feeling this next month is going to go by faster than I realize.

NewMe_2021 the time is definitely flying by! I just started having those conversations with everyone. They have gone well so far. My kids (both 10) and husband have a fear or starving during all of MY stages hahaha! I keep telling myself that I need to really reduce carbs and sugar to make the ore diet easier, but I am struggling. I’m glad I’m not alone in this process!!

I am scheduled for June 15th in Atlanta. I am excited to start this new journey and I am praying this tool can help.

2 hours ago, Elahnen said:

NewMe_2021 the time is definitely flying by! I just started having those conversations with everyone. They have gone well so far. My kids (both 10) and husband have a fear or starving during all of MY stages hahaha! I keep telling myself that I need to really reduce carbs and sugar to make the ore diet easier, but I am struggling. I’m glad I’m not alone in this process!!

Elahnen - so glad to hear those conversations have gone well! I think my kids (24, 17 and 15) will all be supportive. They have all seen me work through various attempts at this and I have a feeling they may suspect this is coming anyway. Things have been really stressful for my mom lately and part of me almost feels guilty for "laying this on her" as well since I don't want her to worry. She and I are incredibly close though, so, not telling her really isn't an option and since we live right around from each other and see each other frequently I can't really avoid it. I'm hoping it will go better than I expect as she has seen me work hard to lose weight unsuccessfully as well. YES! Changing food right now is HARD. I had every intention of getting to this point and having a completely clean, low carb diet and I'm definitely not to that point! LOL It is definitely going to be interesting with the family, but, thankfully the youngest two that still live at home are pretty capable in the kitchen so they can fend for themselves. They are probably really going to enjoy fixing their own meals for a while and not worry about me constantly pushing vegetables onto their plates.

1 hour ago, JenniferHawk1980 said:

Surgery is scheduled for May 24. On the liquid diet now, and it sucks... but brighter days are coming!! Excited when I see the loss on the scales daily.

I am so totally NOT looking forward to the liquid diet. I'll start mine on 5/28 and plan to avoid every single Memorial Day grill out invite that comes my way. I've heard it gets better after the 3rd or 4th day. I hope that holds true! I have no doubt watching the scale drop is rewarding! Hang in there!!

I'm scheduled for June 15 and start the liquid diet June 2. I am having way too many food funerals while waiting for June 2 to roll around- worried about gaining weight. Two weeks of all liquid is going to be hard but good for me.

TwinMom2020
How exciting! This month is flying by! I am right there with you! I keep saying enough is enough and eat well must of the day then dinner rolls around and I am crazy! I am eating things that I wouldn’t usually even eat just to eat! I agree, it will be hard, but necessary for me as well. I’m a twin mom as well :) My two are 10 and they are nervous that they are going to starve because we won’t eat out often after my surgery lol!
Keep me posted on your journey and if you need any support just let me know :)

Yay for twins! Mine are only six, so they don't know what is coming but I'm sure they will notice when I stop buying the "good snacks" lol.

23 minutes ago, Lauren513 said:

My surgery date is June 26th! Excited, Nervous, Scared, but mostly positive feelings. ❤️ Congrats everyone! Let's stay in touch and support each other.

Congrats on your surgery date.