Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

@Shrink&Grow I heard nothing from my surgeon's office for weeks, then a flurry of activity this week. I emailed them a couple of times while I was waiting, but it was probably an annoyance to them. Didn't get much of a response except for "we're working on your paperwork." :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is June 30th. I got blessed to have this on my late mamas bday. 😃 I’m scared as heck but what keeps me going to not back out is nothing else has worked for me and I don’t wanna die or be miserable with anymore complications I put on myself. Besides I’m really tired of this comfortable life style I’ve been in and all it’s done is made me stay depressed and unhealthy. Cheers and blessings to all of you for your courageous journey. Plz pray for me as I will all of you. So glad I found this support app!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, JessieShips83 said:

Mine is June 30th. I got blessed to have this on my late mamas bday. 😃 I’m scared as heck but what keeps me going to not back out is nothing else has worked for me and I don’t wanna die or be miserable with anymore complications I put on myself. Besides I’m really tired of this comfortable life style I’ve been in and all it’s done is made me stay depressed and unhealthy. Cheers and blessings to all of you for your courageous journey. Plz pray for me as I will all of you. So glad I found this support app!!

Congrats on your surgery date and the beginning of this journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my date for surgery....June 2nd...today is my two weeks to start my diet...kinda scared and apprehensive. but i know everything will be find. anyone eles have the same date? what are you feeilings on these next two weeks and for those before me what was the best way to do the liqid diet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2021 at 5:03 PM, TwinMom2020 said:

June 15 here! Two week liquid diet starts 6/2. Going shopping for Soups soon.

where did you get your widget?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on June 2nd also 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@shoppgirl ty so much! 😘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

June 9th surgery date, very excited! A question I have - many of you are on liquid diets for weeks leading up to your surgery. My surgeon's only dietary request is Clear Liquids for only the 24 hours before the surgery. Why is everyone on liquid diet so long? Should I be worried if I'm not?

Edited by lenny27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lenny27 said:

June 9th surgery date, very excited! A question I have - many of you are on liquid diets for weeks leading up to your surgery. My surgeon's only dietary request is Clear Liquids for only the 24 hours before the surgery. Why is everyone on liquid diet so long? Should I be worried if I'm not?

My surgery is June 15th. The reason for the pre-op diet is to shrink the liver which they have to lift during the surgery. Maybe because your BMI is so low, you don't have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with @Drinkwine28. Every surgeon is different, but I think they require less time for lower BMI patients.

Good Luck! Looking forward to having some people going through this with me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: I start my liquid meals June 1. Can I add flavorless Protein Powder to sugar free drinks/soup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/18/2021 at 23:57, Drinkwine28 said:



Hi Everyone,




June 15th is my day. Very excited but ANXIOUS! Look forward to seeing how all of in June do and appreciate being able to have others to share with! ❤️


I am scheduled for June 15th also in GA. I just wish it was tomorrow so I can get started. I’ve been having mini food funerals lately and am just ready to go. Mix of excited, anxious and lots of ready. Good luck as you prepare and I am looking forward to positive changes with this tool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 05/20/2021 at 03:35, Shrink&Grow said:



Other than a phone call 6 weeks ago to tell me my date was June 12th, I've heard nothing from the hospital since (except when I called back to ask how long my LRD should be). I am in UK and paying privately, have no idea when my pre-op is, what my particular surgeon recommends for LRD, feel really scared and this isn't helping. Feel like I can't plan for what I need - and I like to plan!




Trying to not let the anxiety eat me alive haha... ha.. 😱




Took some 'before' photos yesterday... That was a good motivation, to remind me I'm making the right decision!!






Good Morning from Georgia!

Definitely call your surgery Dr. and Team. Have them email you your plan for Pre-op bloodwork, an outline of your Pre/post diet example, suggested food tools (blender, measuring spoons/cups, food scale, kids utensils, plates, bowls, etc... Also Vitamin suggestions.

Bottom line you are paying them for a service. If you feel they are not meeting your needs, take your business to another place.

Best of luck and congratulations on choosing to take care of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, justShell said:

@Shrink&Grow I heard nothing from my surgeon's office for weeks, then a flurry of activity this week. I emailed them a couple of times while I was waiting, but it was probably an annoyance to them. Didn't get much of a response except for "we're working on your paperwork." :)

I started drafting an email yesterday and thought - hang on if they take the time to reply to me, then I'll just be putting them further behind! Today I am back feeling REALLY EXCITED!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 1979grit said:

Good Morning from Georgia!

Definitely call your surgery Dr. and Team. Have them email you your plan for Pre-op bloodwork, an outline of your Pre/post diet example, suggested food tools (blender, measuring spoons/cups, food scale, kids utensils, plates, bowls, etc... Also Vitamin suggestions.

Bottom line you are paying them for a service. If you feel they are not meeting your needs, take your business to another place.

Best of luck and congratulations on choosing to take care of you.

Aw thank you - I am going to wait until the weekend and if I still haven't heard it's time to chase..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Living4cc

      ✨ Things that you need after surgery that no one tells you that you need✨👇🏾
      64953397742__153F0400-C88C-4500-A23D-16EEF4BACAEA.MOV
      · 1 reply
      1. Micheleah

        Very helpful, I was just wondering about our stomach wounds..September 8 2021 Sleeve

    • Living4cc

      How are you guys how are you all a little bit about me my name is Cici I had my bariatric sleeve on July 27, 2021 and six days postop currently, I have been dealing with a bit of anxiety a little depression and it’s something that no one really talks about.
      I would love followers and to follow more people throughout this journey because I’m pretty much alone I have a freak out at least once every two hours I know I did the right thing but sometimes I feel like I didn’t I also know this too shall pass and by this time next year it won’t be tears of sadness I’ll be having tears of joy so please follow me on my journey and I will do the same😍
      I would love to share some of the things that I have discovered after surgery that no one talks about
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Living4cc

      I
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Stacyp44

      surgery on thursday im so excited
      · 2 replies
      1. Candace76

        Congrats & good luck!😊

      2. Living4cc

        CongratulationsI’m six days post it hasn’t been the easiest but I think I’m definitely saving my life and I swear I cry at least once every two hours but sweetheart you will be fine there’s also a couple things that I would like to make sure that you have before your surgery if that’s OK

    • summerset

      How's everyone doing? I'm still fighting insurance company over plastics.
      Many changes at work are coming up. It's very stressful but there are also some opportunities involved, both in regards to personal development and promotion.
      · 1 reply
      1. XtinaDoesIt

        I didn't think insurance was even possible for plastics? I figured it would all be out of pocket?

  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×