Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, BDL58 said:

Oh and they told me to be at the hospital by 5am - UGH!!! That’s a half hour earlier than they told me before. I thought 5:30am was bad enough but I guess I was wrong!

My surgery is tomorrow. They had originally told me to be there at noon. I was planning to stay up until 3 AM, then sleep until 10 so I wouldn't have so long to wait until I went to the hospital. But today they called and said to be there at 8:30.

Maybe I'll just stay up all night, since I'll be getting plenty of sleep tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, Dave In Houston said:

My surgery is tomorrow. They had originally told me to be there at noon. I was planning to stay up until 3 AM, then sleep until 10 so I wouldn't have so long to wait until I went to the hospital. But today they called and said to be there at 8:30.

Maybe I'll just stay up all night, since I'll be getting plenty of sleep tomorrow.

I suggested something similar to the nurse that called me and she said you want to try to sleep. For what that’s worth. I didn’t get much sleep and I was fine but I guess it’s best if your well rested.

5 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I suggested something similar to the nurse that called me and she said you want to try to sleep. For what that’s worth. I didn’t get much sleep and I was fine but I guess it’s best if your well rested.

She was probably right. I often have a hard time sleeping, though, especially before a tense day.

When I had my cataracts done, I took an Ambien the night before, and ended up sleep-eating. When I went down to the kitchen the next morning, I found residues of several favorite foods, and I later noticed that a half gallon of ice cream went from half full to nearly empty.

Maybe tonight I'll take a Lunesta, which doesn't seem to induce sleep-eating.

3 minutes ago, Dave In Houston said:

She was probably right. I often have a hard time sleeping, though, especially before a tense day.

When I had my cataracts done, I took an Ambien the night before, and ended up sleep-eating. When I went down to the kitchen the next morning, I found residues of several favorite foods, and I later noticed that a half gallon of ice cream went from half full to nearly empty.

Maybe tonight I'll take a Lunesta, which doesn't seem to induce sleep-eating.

I only slept a couple hours and I was fine. I had to wake up to drink Gatorade like 4 hours or so before surgery and I was wide awake from then on. You will be fine. You definitely don’t want to risk anything that will cause you to eat.

Edited by ShoppGirl

4 hours ago, NewMe_2021 said:

So exciting to see so many getting so close to the big day!! I had my groceries delivered today for my liquid diet and was both laughing at the pile of Protein Shakes piled outside my door and felt my nerves go up a bit. Getting so close! I go in for my preop visit on 6/1 followed up by a Covid test on 6/8. I'm already figuring out lots of way to stay busy over the next two weeks! I've been putting together an Amazon order with some small plates/forks, a Vitamin organizer, all my Vitamins and some Gatorade Protein Water and some Protein2O. What's everyone else doing to get ready?

Congrats! To prepare myself, I've been cleaning the house, getting things organized and spending a lot of time having heart to hearts with myself. I've been journaling a lot and trying to explore how I'm feeling through this whole process. I haven't stopped walking everyday (on the liquid diet) and that also helps clear my head. I placed an order for smaller utensils, souper cubes (for freezing Soups etc), an abdominal binder and mini mason jars to store the meal prepped food I'll make for the puree post-op diet. I just received all of my medications for the surgery and after surgery day so I'm organizing that as well. We are so close!

My surgery is scheduled for June 2nd. I am so nervous, I have not been able to sleep well for the past few nights.

Sent from my SM-N976V using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery is the same day... and I haven’t been able to sleep much either. I start my liquid diet in the morning. Good Luck

On 5/11/2021 at 2:03 PM, NewMe_2021 said:

I am so totally NOT looking forward to the liquid diet. I'll start mine on 5/28 and plan to avoid every single Memorial Day grill out invite that comes my way. I've heard it gets better after the 3rd or 4th day. I hope that holds true! I have no doubt watching the scale drop is rewarding! Hang in there!!

On 5/11/2021 at 2:03 PM, NewMe_2021 said:

I am so totally NOT looking forward to the liquid diet. I'll start mine on 5/28 and plan to avoid every single Memorial Day grill out invite that comes my way. I've heard it gets better after the 3rd or 4th day. I hope that holds true! I have no doubt watching the scale drop is rewarding! Hang in there!!

I have my surgery June 2nd and start my liquid diet tomorrow. I have a party bbq Monday.. best of luck to you A

Good luck to all the upcoming surgeries.

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to EVERYBODY in June ... I was Scheduled for June 3rd ..but just got off the phone with my doctor I decided to not have surgery..
Easy healing & prayers sent to everyone!!

2 hours ago, Leafstrong said:

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK to EVERYBODY in June ... I was Scheduled for June 3rd ..but just got off the phone with my doctor I decided to not have surgery..
Easy healing & prayers sent to everyone!!

I hope everything is okay. Was it something with the surgeon?

June surgery here too! Just got my insurance approval and I’m scheduled for June 21st! So excited! Bring it on 😊

June 23 is my day!

10 hours ago, Louise Purvis said:

June 23 is my day!

Congratulations. 🎊