Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Surgeries - check in!

On 5/27/2021 at 1:23 PM, muala94 said:

What has y'all's daily eating looked like since getting home?

I started puréed food yesterday but was afraid to eat so I had a few tablespoons of Oikos Triple 0 Greek yogurt. It tasted like Heaven! Today for lunch I had a few tablespoons of Starkist chicken creations. I had the lemon pepper which was very good, though I though the lemon was a bit overpowering. Maybe it’s my tastebuds since that’s the first real piece of food I’ve had in over 3 weeks. Keep drinking your Protein. I’m down 13 pounds since surgery, 18 since I started my liquid pre-op

Everything is different. I keep repeating, "You brought this on yourself." #brutal

Day 1 of clear fluids. My body has decided it would be a good time to eliminate everything 🤪 Water, water, water....and some broth. Decided to still do a 30 min Fitness+ strength workout. Figure it will be the last one I will be able to do for awhile. Surgery Monday morning!

I'm going into this knowing the recovery part will suck.

35 minutes ago, Elizabeth123090 said:

I’m 4 days post op. I can’t wait to have real good. I don’t want to see another cup of freaking broth!

For real! Day 10 here and I usually LOVE Soup but this just may change my mind about that. LOL It's like, when you feel hungry no amount of broth, Water, or yogurt is gonna cut it. I NEED MEAT!! LOL

I am 1 day postop right now. I have been Having this issue all day like a feeling of a mixture indigestion and needing to burp, but I can't and i get pain when it happens. Has anyone gone through this? It can happen even when I am not drinking. I have been very careful with making sure I am sipping when I do drink and limiting my intake to 1-2 ounces every 15 mins

It’s gas. take gas x and try to walk as much as possible. Belch and fart if possible because it will help

Edited by kwas

I had the sleeve 5 years ago lost 125 lbs gained 35 back because I went back to old habit of 1 meal a day. just had the bypass on 5/10 and have currently lost almost 15lbs! It’s a different feeling I have before I could feel myself getting full now I can’t but then my stomach will start to hurt and gets hard so I know I’m full no bad habits coming back this time!

How did eating once a day cause you to gain? That’s what I do now and I did gain so really just curious.

9 hours ago, NewStartvsg said:

How did eating once a day cause you to gain? That’s what I do now and I did gain so really just curious.

If you only eat once a day it makes your metabolism slow down. Your belly has nothing to burn off.

Had lap band conversion to bypass on 5/27. Pain on side where port was is excruciating. Dr said s lot of scar tissue wrapped around it, so needed a lot of manipulation. On the plus side, dr put me right to blenderized diet after swallow test. Having no problem sipping or shooting crushed meds in liquid.

Has anyone had this experience? It almost makes me worried that the surgery didn’t take cause I can drink easily!

Does anyone have good way to take crushed pills that does not taste disgusting?

23 hours ago, dwells6192 said:

I am 1 day postop right now. I have been Having this issue all day like a feeling of a mixture indigestion and needing to burp, but I can't and i get pain when it happens. Has anyone gone through this? It can happen even when I am not drinking. I have been very careful with making sure I am sipping when I do drink and limiting my intake to 1-2 ounces every 15 mins

YES this happens every single time I do anything other than water!

7 hours ago, JCF said:

Had lap band conversion to bypass on 5/27. Pain on side where port was is excruciating. Dr said s lot of scar tissue wrapped around it, so needed a lot of manipulation. On the plus side, dr put me right to blenderized diet after swallow test. Having no problem sipping or shooting crushed meds in liquid.

Has anyone had this experience? It almost makes me worried that the surgery didn’t take cause I can drink easily!

Does anyone have good way to take crushed pills that does not taste disgusting?

I would ask your doc if whatever pill can be put in applesauce; thats what they have me do with the celebrex.

I know this is tmi but I wanted to know if anyone is experiencing the same thing. Okay so, I don’t wear deodorant only if I am going to work so somewhere important or that I will sweat. I mean like if I am in the house for a week I won’t wear deodorant that whole week just regular showers and I won’t have no body odor period. So after the surgery I notice I had a body odor which I never had before. And it continues even after I bathed and I literally scrub scrub my under arms. Now I am noticing the smell other places. Has anyone experienced this. I am trying not to panic. Please help