Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

On 4/18/2023 at 5:28 AM, BabySpoons said:

No lie...2 weeks out. Yays!!!

boobs.jpeg

I just said this today to one of my coworkers!!!! Its a great NSV!

Not a new one, just a re-validation of previously-enjoyed one: I LOST weight on vacation.

I've been on a few getaways in the past 12 months, and each time I come back, i'm always lighter than when i left (after i get rid of all my obligatory vacation-constipation backup of course, lol).

I remember pre-surgery i would always come home 5-ish lbs heavier (even after a good poop)

Guess this means i should go on vacation more!

P.S. i also almost always eventually gain back the weight lost, but still!

Got back from vacation where I hiked a volcano without missing a beat

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Just went on an awesome vacation and just loved it.

First, I noticed the change in how my airplane seatbelt fit. There was so much leftover belt.

Then, while on a short hike, I RAN uphill (sure, only about 10 steps, but still... I RAN!) just for fun.

But the most important one for me ... was the amount of pictures I allowed others to take of me. I haven’t had that many photos taken in so long.... and I felt great looking at them!

We went to the beach over the weekend and was so ready to try the banana boat since I was below the weight limit. The queue was so long and my kids wanted to play on the sand so I ended up not doing it. Now I have a good reason to go back again.

We rented beach chairs and I was comfortably sitting on one without fearing it might break.

BP medicine down from 10mg preop to 2.5mg, PCP admitted she will keep me on it because when I'm at the office it spikes but my records are all below 110/70, hoping to have it removed at my 3 month follow up.

9 hours ago, NP_WIP said:

BP medicine down from 10mg preop to 2.5mg, PCP admitted she will keep me on it because when I'm at the office it spikes but my records are all below 110/70, hoping to have it removed at my 3 month follow up.

This is a victory indeed!

I was feeling a little crummy about my progress (instead of weightloss punctuated by stalls it is more a stall punctuated by a few ounces lost every couple of weeks - and I am only 2.5 months out) and my hair has started falling out - then today I had an ultrasound and the technician asked me to stay while she went back to check that she had the right comparison chart - my liver shrank from 21 to 16 and from severe fatty liver to moderate - so thrilled!! - and a great reminder of why I did this!

Went to Orthopedic surgery consult to start on knee replacements. (I am 67 and bone on bone - both knees...) Had my sleeve a dozen years. Doctor is going through issues ... my asthma, chronic lung issues.... he asks if I have any questions.. I ask about my weight. He looks at me like I have said "my third knee" and says "Your weight is fine for your age...why are you asking?" oops. Old Habits....

10 hours ago, Yahoo said:

I was feeling a little crummy about my progress (instead of weightloss punctuated by stalls it is more a stall punctuated by a few ounces lost every couple of weeks - and I am only 2.5 months out) and my hair has started falling out - then today I had an ultrasound and the technician asked me to stay while she went back to check that she had the right comparison chart - my liver shrank from 21 to 16 and from severe fatty liver to moderate - so thrilled!! - and a great reminder of why I did this!

I've had more stall than loss, too. Hang in there. :) ETA: Congratulations on the better health, too! :)

Edited by Jeanniebug

met the Kid's newest boyfriend for the first time yesterday.

she told me their conversation afterwards went like this:

Him: you didn't tell me u had a sister.

the Kid: that was my Mom.

Him: how old is she?

the Kid: um, 50

Him: she looks like she's 27

(lol random number, but i'll take it!)

Needless to say, he is welcome over ANYTIME. 😂😂

Edited by ms.sss

I love how there are still discoveries, big & little, even years later. Yesterday I realised the waistband of my skirts & trousers don’t roll over & scrunch anymore like they used too. And they never feel crazy tight by the end of the day because I ate too much or am overly bloated. And I wear proper waist bands all the time - elastic waists be gone. Have a flat tummy now (except for a little loose skin pooch 😆) & no rolls of fat around my tummy & middle.

5 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I love how there are still discoveries, big & little, even years later. Yesterday I realised the waistband of my skirts & trousers don’t roll over & scrunch anymore like they used too. And they never feel crazy tight by the end of the day because I ate too much or am overly bloated. And I wear proper waist bands all the time - elastic waists be gone. Have a flat tummy now (except for a little loose skin pooch 😆) & no rolls of fat around my tummy & middle.

Yes so true and having no back fat rolls which I found more embarrassing than my stomach

I bought an adjustable dress form, before surgery. I couldn't afford one that would fit me, because I was too large. So, I bought a mid-sized form that I could afford and just padded the heck out of it.

Today, I tried to make the form smaller, to match what my measurements are now and it won't go as small as I need it to be. This is absolutely shocking to me, because I'm really not that small.

I'm just... floored.