Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

16 hours ago, Sunnyer said:

I went to the mall today to try on summer dresses.

I couldn't bring myself to even walk into a clothing store for years and still can't. Even more so during the covid outbreak. I shopped online trying to find something stylish in the largest sizes I could find. Most of the time the items I ordered didn't even fit. Upside.. I was told to keep the clothes during covid. No returns but was refunded. Free clothes that I kept and plan to wear as sizes go down.

I'm looking forward to one day walking into a store without shame and buying off the rack. Congrats to those of you for reaching such a great and important victory!

I spent all day outside today, kayaking and walking. I never once fell close to being winded, didn't need to sit down. Pre-op, I couldn't have done any of what I did today. It's so wonderful not to have to worry about whether or not my body will cooperate with my desire to be active. So freeing.

i'm 4.5 yrs post op now, so NSV's come few and far between, but every now and then a new one will pop up:

yesterday i was sitting on a chair scrolling through my phone when i dropped it in my lap. i shut my thighs to catch it, it landed on one if my thighs, then it slipped right through between them and fell to the floor.

my knees felt a little knocked, and i was thinking damn, i hope my apple-care warranty is still valid, then i realized whoa, my thighs are smaller than i think.

p.s. my phone is ok! 😂

Not exactly an NSV, but it was still a bit of a shock for me... This weekend I went camping with friends, and we bought a 25kg (50~lbs) sack of firewood. At one point, we said we were going to carry it between 2 of us, but when the time came to do so, I decided I could carry it by myself. Slung it onto my shoulder and started walking towards our campsite (less than a block away). About halfway down, I just STOPPED.... I just realized I was carrying the same amount of weight I have lost so far. Knowing we were planning on carrying that between 2 people, or how tough it was to carry it for just a block... it made it so much clearer why it has been so hard for me to go hiking before.

PS> I’m doing a lot better while hiking, and am planning a short solo trip this Saturday!

6 hours ago, HMol84 said:

About halfway down, I just STOPPED.... I just realized I was carrying the same amount of weight I have lost so far. Knowing we were planning on carrying that between 2 people, or how tough it was to carry it for just a block... it made it so much clearer why it has been so hard for me to go hiking before.

I have now lost more than my max squat weight and it stuns me that I was able to get out of bed at my heaviest.

I've had a few new NSVs the past couple of weeks:

• I visited my parents last week and we were hanging out in their backyard. I have avoided their patio furniture for years because the chairs were too small for me and I always felt like they might break from my weight. I tried sitting in them and I fit no problem, and I was actually comfortable!
  • I went camping for the first time in over a year and planned to do some hiking. I didn't plan ahead very well though because the only pair of pants I brought were too big, so hiking ended up not being much fun because I was constantly having to pull up my pants.
  • And the best one, I just had my A1C checked for the first time since my surgery, and it is below 5, without any medication! I haven't talked with my doctor yet about what that means exactly, but I was thrilled to know that my A1C is that low without any medication.

I went to buy new shirts for work last week because the ones I bought two months ago became baggy and loose. I started with size "M" first which was still big and finally got size "S" slim fit shirts which fit me like a glove haha. I've never thought that this would be possible 🤣. Here is me in my new size "s" shirt and 31" pants. I need to lose some more weight from my thighs.

IMG_9969.thumb.jpg.8b4dff29177331ab497a296615f3ee8e.jpg

Had an unexpected NSV today. I went to the doc and they had me pee in a cup. So, I did and I COULD SEE THE CUP as I did it. No more just sort of guessing where to put it. lol

I have just returned from a three week holiday in Greece and I am exactly the same weight as when I set off. In my past I could add 7 -14 pounds to my weight. I walked around in my swimwear and did not need to hide behind a towel. So liberating

1 hour ago, summerseeker said:

I am exactly the same weight as when I set off.

1 hour ago, summerseeker said:

did not need to hide behind a towel.

That's a big deal. I'm hoping for the same kind of results when and if I ever take a cruise ;)

On 4/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, Jnfinney said:

Wiping my own butt without breaking my back trying to reach 🤦🏼‍♀️

I so agree with you!!! its an awesome NSV!

On 4/24/2023 at 6:08 PM, HMol84 said:

🤩Made it to the Towel NSV!!!!

No longer Insulin-Resistant!!!!

Didn’t have to look for jeans in the Plus-Size section!!!!

Bought a sweater sized M that I have to exchange because it’s too big!!!!

That is awesome that you are no longer insulin dependent! Congrats!