Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weirdest None-Scale-Victory - I'll go first

On 4/17/2021 at 3:45 PM, chiquitatummy said:

Today I had an unexpected and surprisingly satisfying NSV. I noticed that my belly button shrank. It's about 50% shallower than it used to be! Who knew I would be so pleased about less depth to my belly button? 😆

Yes. I've noticed this too. It's weird.

23 hours ago, jlnolan3021 said:

I think the best NSV for me was being able to use a normal size towel and not have the gap. I have since gained almost all of my weight back after 2 kids, a blown ACL and Esophagus issues the last couple of years. I am going back in to tomorrow to have my band filled a little bit more. Crossing my fingers, I can find the green zone and get back to losing. It has definitely gotten harder to lose the weight as I have aged. When I was 20 it was just falling off.

I’m cheering you on!

It is raining heavily almost everyday here and my trusty "big guy" umbrella broke. Then I remembered that I had a smaller foldable umbrella that fits nicely in my bag. I started using it without any issues. The last time I used it, it won't cover my whole body and I had to choose which side or my body to get wet haha. My body diameter has shrunken for sure.

not a weird non-scale victory but a huge non-scale victory nonetheless

i fit in airplane seats :D
i’ve been STRESSING about this upcoming trip cuz i couldn’t afford first class seats or to buy the seat next to me and ive never fit in plane seats before. i kept googling ‘can size 16 fit in plane seats’ and i measured the seat width on my couch and sat between two boxes of the seat width but none of that eased my extreme anxiety that i wouldn’t fit in the seat. :(

but i fit :D and i didn’t even need a seatbelt extender - another first!

i’m on the plane right now flying over southern oregon and i’m so endlessly relieved that the only thing i was worried about was completely a nonissue 😊❤️

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

On 4/2/2023 at 11:03 PM, Corine1014 said:

Girl me too !!! I don’t have to pull up my leg onto the other by the leg of my jeans anymore either yay! 🙌🏼

Can’t wait for this. I lost 90lbs presurgery and I’m down about 10 more post ( just over 2 weeks). And I feel I should be happy with 100 down, but I’m struggling to find NSVs and this is a big one I’m looking forward to.

13 hours ago, ThisOldJenn said:

Can’t wait for this. I lost 90lbs presurgery and I’m down about 10 more post ( just over 2 weeks). And I feel I should be happy with 100 down, but I’m struggling to find NSVs and this is a big one I’m looking forward to.

100 pounds lost is AMAZING! Two weeks post surgery is early on. Be patient. I’m two years out. Trust me, you’ll have tons of NSVs!!!

Had a couple NSVs over the weekend. On Friday I was at the gym walking on the treadmill and challenged myself to walk for an hour straight without a break and I did it no problem- I wouldn't have been able to do that a few months ago. The other one was I was carrying some laundry up the stairs and got half way up and realized I didn't have a hand on the handrail! My balance was really bad for a while so I always had to use the handrail, but it seems to be getting better as I am losing.

My two biggest NSVs recently were fitting into a regular-sized hotel robe and being able to go to the store and buy a new shirt (size large!) when I spilled coffee all over the one I wore to work. Pre-op I would have been totally stuck unless I was lucky enough that one of the stores near my office had something that could fit a 3X.

On 4/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, Jnfinney said:

Wiping my own butt without breaking my back trying to reach 🤦🏼‍♀️

Still waiting to reach THAT milestone! ;)

2 hours ago, MelbaT said:

Still waiting to reach THAT milestone! ;)

That is a great milestone! 😆😂

About two or three weeks ago, I noticed at the gym while doing the hip abductor machine that my thighs/knees can touch without the machine being engaged. I was surprised and it made me smile.

My excess weight distribution is mainly on my trunk from the neck down and only radiating down a few inches on my upper arms and legs. My shoulders had become heavily padded including the dreaded "buffalo hump". Although I only lost 6.5# during the one week pre-op and an additional 18# since surgery on 3/3/23, I have noticed substantial changes. I have lost (don't want to find it) the buffalo hump and my neck has gotten longer (optically). I have started losing the "football pads" off my shoulders, revealing the promise of regaining my former graceful neck which has been encased in shoulder fat for 10 years.

17 hours ago, hills&valleys said:

My excess weight distribution is mainly on my trunk from the neck down and only radiating down a few inches on my upper arms and legs. My shoulders had become heavily padded including the dreaded "buffalo hump". Although I only lost 6.5# during the one week pre-op and an additional 18# since surgery on 3/3/23, I have noticed substantial changes. I have lost (don't want to find it) the buffalo hump and my neck has gotten longer (optically). I have started losing the "football pads" off my shoulders, revealing the promise of regaining my former graceful neck which has been encased in shoulder fat for 10 years.

Yes. I didn't realize I had lost my neck and shoulders until I got them back. I can carry a purse now and not have it constantly falling off or have to keep my alternate hand on it to keep it in place. So cool!

My mini Rat Terrier, Twiggy, likes to wedge herself between my back and the couch when I lie down for a nap. Today she fell through and had to crawl onto my shoulder blade and wrap her little head around my neck to sleep. Bye bye back fat. 🐕