Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think depression is trying to set in ........ so I came to my parents for the kids Easter break and to get out of the house I recently lost my husband in January and I kinda been cooped up in the house except for when I go walking. My surgery was on the 12th and every went well until the second night I was in some pain and I wanted my husband they calmed me down and from there it has been good except I can't drink Water like I want to anyway........ about last night well it started with dinner I'm now on puree foods but still drinking liquids the only thing that works is mash potatoes and I tried yogurt today and that made me a lil nausea but not to bad. Well after dinner in which I ate egg drop Soup I got ready for bed once in bed I became very sad so sad I started crying I wanted to eat and I wanted my husband and I can't have either if it wasn't for my kids and their love and support I don't know how I would have gotten threw last night I really miss him.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm sorry you lost your husband. Between that, and the head game of surgery, I'm sure you're having a tough time. You hang in there, and time will help. Good luck.

So sorry, Shanell. That truly sucks. Here's hoping for better days ahead. Wishing you some peace and happiness down the road.

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. You have a lot on your emotional plate, if not your literal plate. I wish you calm and strength for your recovery.

My heart breaks for you and I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. Do you have a counselor or someone along those lines that you can speak to? Any close friends you can spend some time with. I imagine the times you are alone are the worst because you're left with your thoughts. Perhaps you can find some sort of outlet? Maybe join a gym or take up a hobby that can help occupy those lonely moments in your life/head? Of course NOTHING will ever get you over your loss or replace your husband, but maybe something can help you at least eventually find some peace with it all. I feel for you and I am truly sorry for all you're going through.

1 hour ago, Shanell said:

I think depression is trying to set in ........ so I came to my parents for the kids Easter break and to get out of the house I recently lost my husband in January and I kinda been cooped up in the house except for when I go walking. My surgery was on the 12th and every went well until the second night I was in some pain and I wanted my husband they calmed me down and from there it has been good except I can't drink Water like I want to anyway........ about last night well it started with dinner I'm now on puree foods but still drinking liquids the only thing that works is mash potatoes and I tried yogurt today and that made me a lil nausea but not to bad. Well after dinner in which I ate egg drop Soup I got ready for bed once in bed I became very sad so sad I started crying I wanted to eat and I wanted my husband and I can't have either if it wasn't for my kids and their love and support I don't know how I would have gotten threw last night I really miss him.

So sorry for your loss...Things will get better with time. True depression (Not the Blues) can eat you alive. Most people do not understand it especially if you have not been diagnosed with a form of depression. About 15 years ago I had a bout with depression. I got over it with medical help. Are you seeing a Psychiatrist? There is no shame in that. I did and it helped me get better and now that is in my rear view mirror. You will always have that sense of loss but you can beat depression with the right meds. It took me several months but I did beat it and no more meds needed. I would encourage you to seek professional help and you will get better. If you need to talk to someone that has been down this road ....private message me. I have been where you are now.

5 hours ago, Shanell said:

Hi shanell,

I am sorry you're going through tough times. My condolences, you are very brave to start a life-changing journey. Have you been taking Vitamins.

B-12

Iron

Calcium

B-1

all these will be missing from your diet in the beginning and all these affect your mood. I know the pain will still be there but it will give you the energy and the clarity to continue through this arduous task.

Hi shanell,
I am sorry you're going through tough times. My condolences, you are very brave to start a life-changing journey. Have you been taking Vitamins.
B-12
Iron
Calcium
B-1
all these will be missing from your diet in the beginning and all these affect your mood. I know the pain will still be there but it will give you the energy and the clarity to continue through this arduous task.
Thank you for your support, and I have the batric vitamins but someone told to get a bottle of B12 also and I haven't been taking those vitamins I guess I need to start

My heart breaks for you and I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. Do you have a counselor or someone along those lines that you can speak to? Any close friends you can spend some time with. I imagine the times you are alone are the worst because you're left with your thoughts. Perhaps you can find some sort of outlet? Maybe join a gym or take up a hobby that can help occupy those lonely moments in your life/head? Of course NOTHING will ever get you over your loss or replace your husband, but maybe something can help you at least eventually find some peace with it all. I feel for you and I am truly sorry for all you're going through.
Thank you so much!!!! I do have support some out of town and some in town my kids are a big help my parents too and I have 8 lovely dogs that I love and attend to everyday [emoji173] which was my husband pride and joy and believe it or not I'm at peace great peace its just those tough times I know he would help me push threw.

So sorry for your loss...Things will get better with time. True depression (Not the Blues) can eat you alive. Most people do not understand it especially if you have not been diagnosed with a form of depression. About 15 years ago I had a bout with depression. I got over it with medical help. Are you seeing a Psychiatrist? There is no shame in that. I did and it helped me get better and now that is in my rear view mirror. You will always have that sense of loss but you can beat depression with the right meds. It took me several months but I did beat it and no more meds needed. I would encourage you to seek professional help and you will get better. If you need to talk to someone that has been down this road ....private message me. I have been where you are now.
Thank you that means a lot I been Meds way before the surgery I have been diagnosed with depression years ago and I have talk with a therapist before, I'm pretty much strong minded just have my moments.