Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

argh! feeling frustrated!

hi all, HELP!!!

i wondered if someone could give me some comments about this... so i had my surgery on october 18, 2007 and i had my first fill, 2cc's on monday, december 3, 2007, i have a MidBand. Since my fill, i feel like i have felt more hungry and less restricted. i can tell there is some restriction at times but i am concerned... does anyone know how many cc's the MidBand holds and did anyone else feel this way after their first fill? and when will i start losing more weight... sheesh, i want this thing to work right now... LOL.... i know im pushing it...

kim

I would ask your doctor how many ccs your band takes. Let me tell you though that it took me 5 fills to get good restriction. You are just at the starting point so it doesn't surprise me. I would call and ask how long you need to wait in between fills. My doctor does fills every 2 weeks. Sounds like you need another one. Good luck.

You will go for another fill in 2 weeks. This can be a frustrating time as you get to a good level. Be patient (easier said than done) we have all been there too.

I was starving all the time after my first few fills - I felt hungrier than prior to being banded (maybe it was all in my head). It was extremely frustrating and instead of just dieting - I continued my bad eating habits. I've only recently started having good restriction and beginning to lose weight.

So hang in there! Try to limit your calorie intake if you can. Whatever you lose now, you won't regain later.

The midband holds 10cc's. I can relate to the feeling you have. Afer my first fill of 5 cc'c i could eat normal. I had no restriciton at all. I even tried bread hoping to get stuck. I got another cc 2 days later. I can still eat a whole plate but some i have to chew or I get stuck, so i have some restriction but not alot.

Kim I got 3 cc on Monday and I just started to feel restriction last night. But I am pushing myself too. I wanted to feel the restriction I guess so bad! I am looking forward to my second fill!

I had my first fill to 5cc in November and had no restriction. I could eat as much as before the surgery. I went 2 weeks later to get another fill and ended up gaining a pound. This scared the hell out of me and my nurse said I must stick to eating only a cup of food 3 times a day. She gave me another full cc so I am at 6cc in a 10cc band and let me tell you what a difference. I am eating only that cup 3 times a day and it is great. Be patient, it will hit you soon enough. We are all different.

Oh yes, it can be frustrating.... waiting for these fills to kick in.

I just booked another 19th Dec. then if that dosn't work I'm going to ask for a Flouro in Jan.

But I am trying to be positive... went to the gym today and did a BIG workout on the treadmill 2.5% incline at speed of 3.8 for 45 mins. Now if I could just get my eating under control again....

Peaches the loose fill "maybe" a good idea. Don't forget you have to teach yourself how to eat all over again by chewing to death your food, to recognize the full feeling without causing pain, etc. So the gradual tightening of the band is probably a good thing. So be patient and work on other aspects of your journey. The weight will come off if you play by the ground rules so relax.

Doddie

Donna D;

Yup, no restriction again! I could feel a tiny 'gurgle' when I swallowed Water for a day or two... now a week out...nothing..

NO PB'ing... I can eat bread, pizza even dry roast beef!!! I thought for sure the beef will give me a test...nope. nadda. zippo

So I wrote to Daryl this even and asked to be booked for a floro in Jan... we'll see what comes of that request.

Meanwhile I am getting another fill next wed 19th.

How are YOU doing? Is your weight loss coming along? are you restricted to where you'd like to be?

Doddie: Thanks for the replys, I making my mini goal to lose 5lbs by Xmas but I think a revision to just not GAIN any will be acceptable... perhaps in the New Year I'll see my dreams come true.

It took me months and the right fill before I started feeling satisfied. I was feeling very frustrated but I recently got the correct fill and I feel good.

Sweet I totally agree with you and encourage anyone who is not yet at the proper restriction to hang in there. I was banded August 24th and just had my 5th fill. I have a large AP band, but the principle is the same - we are all different and will get to the "sweet spot" in time. I found a difference within a few short hours and the scale is starting to move again. Life is good!

Cindy:whoo: