Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ChubRub's Plastic Surgery Thread

I've enjoyed reading everyone's plastic surgery threads, and since I'm 3 weeks out from surgery, I thought I would start my own! I'm going to make up for all of the WLS mistakes I made (not taking "before" photos or measurements), and plan to track my PS progress much better!!

So here's where I am to date! I originally planned on having a CTT (circumferential Tummy Tuck, also known as a lower body lift) along with a BR/BL/BA (breast reduction, lift, and then adding implants back in for fullness). Plans have changed slightly since then, and I've also changed surgeons. The original surgeon I was going to does great work, but the surgery center he works for is very unorganized. I was initially willing to put up with the chaos to get that particular surgeon, but there was story after story of women getting their surgeries canceled at the last minute, and it was adding too much stress to what I want to be a really fun and exciting process.

The new surgeon suggested a different approach, and I really like her thoughts on it. Instead of a CTT she wants to address only the front of me (tummy and breasts) so that she can remove more skin from my tummy and leave me in that post tummy tuck hunched over position. With the CTT she wouldn't be able to take as much off the front b/c of the posterior incision. So my goal for round 1 is to look great from the front! LOL!! I really like how she explained it, and am excited!

Also I'm now down to a 34D, and the lift itself will reduce a little bit, so now I'm just a BL/BA (no more BR).

I've completed my pre-op testing (mammogram, chest xray, EKG, bloodwork), and will head down to Florida next week. I covid test upon arrival then report to the office on 1/6 for my pre-op visit. Surgery is on 1/12, and she wants me to stay in town for at least 4 weeks, but better yet would be 6 weeks after surgery.

Since I'm working from home due to Covid anyway, and have a place to stay in Florida, I'm 100% on board with the stay requirements! Something good to come out of Covid!! LOL!!!

So that's where I am for now, and look forward to updating with my progress as the weeks go by!!

Edited by ChubRub

I'm excited to follow you on your journey!

I made the same mistakes with the no photo's or measurements, I'll track the plastics much better too :)

24 minutes ago, Sassafras1 said:

I'm excited to follow you on your journey!

I made the same mistakes with the no photo's or measurements, I'll track the plastics much better too :)

Yeah, I was so busy hiding from cameras when I was at my biggest that I never realized I'd want some comparison pics!!! I promise to take lots of "before" pics of my saggy/squishy self this time! LOL!!

1 minute ago, ChubRub said:

I promise to take lots of "before" pics of my saggy/squishy self this time! LOL!!

Well if you can do it, I can do it :)

2 hours ago, ChubRub said:

Yeah, I was so busy hiding from cameras when I was at my biggest that I never realized I'd want some comparison pics!!! I promise to take lots of "before" pics of my saggy/squishy self this time! LOL!!

Me too. I think I only have one picture of me during my pre-sleeve op and I was hidden behind people so you can only see my face & can't tell my weight. I do wish I would have taken some of myself to keep for comparisons, but out with old and in with the new.

Anyway congratulations on the plastics. I hope everything goes well for you and there isn't too much pain. I will be keeping tabs on your progress, so keep us in the loop.

I too stayed away from the camera and the tape measure. I wish I hadn't since the only reference I have is that I wore size 14-16 pants and now wear size 8-10.

I will follow you too! We are almost surgery buddies! I’m doing BL, BA and TT. My surgery date is 1/6. Originally it was the 7th but they moved it up a day! COVId test the 3rd.

Following. Excited to see your journey!

I'm in Florida and took my Covid test today! I also ordered a cheap recliner off Amazon for post-surgery recovery. Yesterday, I had another virtual consult with my surgeon to go over the basics, and then I go in for my in person pre-op next week. I was told to bring a bikini for incision purposes, but of course I don't even own one! LOL!! She said a pair of underwear similar to the type of bikini bottoms I want to wear will suffice.

Not much else to report, other than enjoying some the warm weather!! Happy New Year everyone!

So exciting! You’re almost there!! I ordered a recliner too! Mine came yesterday!!

Thanks for sharing the details and info with us. I don't personally know anyone whose had plastics, so this is all very new and interesting to me.

They let you take your COVId test this far out? They are making me take it three days before(must be 72 hours before). My hospital does the same before patients can have surgery. I have to have results day before surgery. They won’t give me a time to be there until The negative result is in. 😕
I’m nervous about the test. Not about the actual test but the results

2 minutes ago, Kris77 said:

They let you take your COVId test this far out? They are making me take it three days before(must be 72 hours before). My hospital does the same before patients can have surgery. I have to have results day before surgery. They won’t give me a time to be there until The negative result is in. 😕
I’m nervous about the test. Not about the actual test but the results

They actually required that I take it this far out. Said it's in case I get a false positive and need to retest. Also required that I take the test here in FL, which is why I'm here already! The test was easy, but like you, I'm nervous for the results!! Fingers crossed!!!