Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Besides water, what do you like to drink?

I drink Water, Decaf coffee right now since I can’t have caffeine yet, and crystal light. That is all I’ve been drinking, and that is fine, but are there any drinks that you would tell a person just starting on their post op journey to check out? I was never a soda drinker, but I loved juice-orange and cran mix varieties and obviously those are off the list so I’m just seeing as my journey progresses what else I should take a look at. Thanks for any and all suggestions:)

I should say I meant outside of my Protein Shakes, of course I am still drinking those:)

I was never a soda drinker, mainly I drink coffee. Not keen on plain Water, but I’ll drink it if I have to. I’m hooked on Bigelow’s Decaf French vanilla tea. I drink it hot, but I bet iced would be yummy, too.

I drink Water, Decaf coffee right now since I can’t have caffeine yet, and crystal light. That is all I’ve been drinking, and that is fine, but are there any drinks that you would tell a person just starting on their post op journey to check out? I was never a soda drinker, but I loved juice-orange and cran mix varieties and obviously those are off the list so I’m just seeing as my journey progresses what else I should take a look at. Thanks for any and all suggestions:)
Minute maid pink lemonade zero sugar, Gatorade frost zero sugar, diet ocean spray cranberry and grape cranberry are all my faves.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Man, you guys are so lucky for not having been soda drinkers! That was my largest addiction (coke zero and diet ginger ale). I've pretty much evened out now on many things for taste coming back and bits of head hunger but I think the killer right now for me is when I see a commercial or show with a nice big glass of cold soda-forget the food! lol. That's my craving these days.

I really do live on GENEPRO mixed with my Water and a few drops of sugar free water flavor. I take Protein but I found after my labs that my body wasn't taking all the protein I was eating and the surgeon said to try to add more of the genepro for now because our bodies will never take in what everything we take down now. The genepro gives me some filler with my water and it's the best I've found for all the protein needed. Never could take coffee with the gerd I still have but I wish I could for the shift I work!

I love Protein hot chocolate. It tastes like normal hot chocolate and doesn't have a weird protein taste. I have personally found that Hot Drinks go down more easily than cold, so protein hot chocolate was helpful in getting in my protein in my early post-op days. I make it with Fairlife milk instead of Water and it has as much protein as a shake.

I've never been a coffee drinker, and I don't like black tea, but I like apple-flavored tea. My favorite is Stash cinnamon apple chamomile with sugar-free caramel Syrup.

2 minutes ago, BigSue said:

I love Protein hot chocolate. It tastes like normal hot chocolate and doesn't have a weird Protein taste. I have personally found that Hot Drinks go down more easily than cold, so protein hot chocolate was helpful in getting in my protein in my early post-op days. I make it with Fairlife milk instead of Water and it has as much protein as a shake.

I've never been a coffee drinker, and I don't like black tea, but I like apple-flavored tea. My favorite is Stash cinnamon apple chamomile with sugar-free caramel Syrup.

This actually sounds really good! Will look up the protein hot coco.

4 hours ago, ichabodny said:

Man, you guys are so lucky for not having been soda drinkers! That was my largest addiction (coke zero and diet ginger ale). I've pretty much evened out now on many things for taste coming back and bits of head hunger but I think the killer right now for me is when I see a commercial or show with a nice big glass of cold soda-forget the food! lol. That's my craving these days.

I was a huge soda addict too, and those Coke commercials still get me too, especially when they are drinking out of those old fashioned glass bottles. Makes me want one!

Alas, I'm soda free since surgery, and plan to stay that way for life! Also means no seltzer, etc, as I don't want that to be something that would remind my body of soda and create cravings.

I pretty much live on Water, crystal light, and the occasional diet iced tea. Since I don't use beverages to "wash down" my food anymore, I'm pretty satisfied with my limited beverage menu.

Gator Aid and IV in a bottle are my go to. I am addict to diet coke but since the surgery only about 2 cans a day Not good but i love it.

Also buy almost every crazy specialty drink that is in a store Just to try them - and of course my nightly White Russian for calories and Night cap

Not in any particular order:

• Ice Water
  • Hot water (with or without lemon)
  • Black coffee,
  • black tea,
  • carbonated water (i.e, Perrier) w/ or w/o zero-cal "water enhancers" (i.e., liquid, stevia-sweetened citrus flavourings), lemon/lime wedges, cucumber slices
  • broth
  • alcohol: mostly vodka or gin with low-sugar (if any) mixers, or dry red wine. **Note** I am 2+ years post op and very rarely drank alcohol during weight loss phase...now however, is a different story...

I don't drink pop/soda, beer, milk nor juice if I can help it.

Edited by ms.sss

My favorite is Vitamin Water Zero. I buy it by the case at costco. Each is 20oz, so four a day gets me really close to my Fluid goal of 120oz/day. The rest I get from my morning Protein Shake + cold brew coffee concoction and a couple cups of tea.

53 minutes ago, amunguia01 said:

I am a few days post op and I am surviving on Smart Water and Gatorade zero. Having a hard time getting in my Protein.

See if your Dr ok's GENEPRO. It's been a lifesaver for me-30 g Protein per scoop and it mixes perfectly with Water. I add a bit of zerocal flavor. It's been the best form of protein I've found.