Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

today is my 6 wk post op date and I am UNDER 300 lbs for the first time in years. 298.6.

1 hour ago, UGAPRRTHD said:

today is my 6 wk post op date and I am UNDER 300 lbs for the first time in years. 298.6.

Nice work brother!

I cannot even IMAGINE 1200 calories a day right now [emoji3] Yesterday, I ate about 800, and that is the most I have eaten since surgery... glad your stall broke, though! Eating 800 yesterday broke a short stall for me as well... I dunno if it was the higher calories or the higher carbs that did it.
Blimey, I am struggling to make 500cals a day (I am day 10 post surgery).....i know i know, patience [emoji16]

I am a slow looser, but I really enjoy the journey. I can't wait for the summer, I am pretty sure it will be great!

Do any one want to show before and "during" photos?

Attached is a photo of me the day before surgery and one 2 months later. :)

Screenshot_2021-01-13  weightloss_for_life78 er på Instagram.png

2 hours ago, tropico78 said:

I am a slow looser, but I really enjoy the journey. I can't wait for the summer, I am pretty sure it will be great!

Do any one want to show before and "during" photos?

Attached is a photo of me the day before surgery and one 2 months later. :)

Screenshot_2021-01-13  weightloss_for_life78 er på Instagram.png

You're looking fantastic!

Milestone today! 30 lbs lost after surgery, 87.8 down since I started my weight loss in July, and I am now officially more than halfway to my goal weight! I just have to do this all one more time, haha. 😅

Also two people I work with actually commented this week that I looked like I’d lost weight. I never bring up dieting or weight loss so I was wondering how long it would take for someone to actually comment. The answer is darn near 90 lb loss!

On 1/16/2021 at 3:38 AM, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

Milestone today! 30 lbs lost after surgery, 87.8 down since I started my weight loss in July, and I am now officially more than halfway to my goal weight! I just have to do this all one more time, haha. 😅

Also two people I work with actually commented this week that I looked like I’d lost weight. I never bring up dieting or weight loss so I was wondering how long it would take for someone to actually comment. The answer is darn near 90 lb loss!

What a great feeling! Both that people can see it and that you are halfway there!!! Congrats!

So happy that I finally reached my goal of getting under 100 kg! That is a big milestone for me!

I feel great and I can not wait for the summer, when I can finally buy new smaller clothes and feel confident in my new body. (Right now I am wearing my huge sweaters and winter jackets because it is soooo cold outside)

Celebrating my 2 month SURGIVERSARY by weighing in at 295 pounds. That is a loss of 59 pounds since I started all the pre-surgery requirements and 37 pounds since surgery on 11/30/2020. I am loving this.

Edited by UGAPRRTHD

Today I bought a pair of size 18 skinny jeans from old navy- I’m actually transitioning into non plus sizes and it feels amazing. I bought a dress in xxl and it is too big and I’m going to have to exchange for clothes tomorrow.

I’m trying to not buy too much because I still have more to go, but it’s been so long since I could buy a pair of jeans right out of the “normal sizes” that the style I last bought in these sizes was ultra-low rise bootcut, if that gives you an idea of the timeframe.

11 hours ago, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

Today I bought a pair of size 18 skinny jeans from old navy- I’m actually transitioning into non plus sizes and it feels amazing. I bought a dress in xxl and it is too big and I’m going to have to exchange for clothes tomorrow.

I’m trying to not buy too much because I still have more to go, but it’s been so long since I could buy a pair of jeans right out of the “normal sizes” that the style I last bought in these sizes was ultra-low rise bootcut, if that gives you an idea of the timeframe.

Yea, its awesome to be wearing smaller clothes. I went from 44 to 38 jeans.

I’ve figured out that I can no longer “eyeball” something to see if it fits. I clearly have no idea what my body looks like at this point.

Also in the 15+ years since I’ve worn regular sizes everything about these stores has changed so much I am going to have to relearn shopping I guess.

Anybody have any ideas for non-plus size stores that they recommend for a 40 year old who has no idea how to shop anymore. 😅

I went to buy some new shorts a few weeks ago since my shorts were falling off when I unfastened the belt due to the weight loss. I was a size 44 and thought I must be in a size 38 so took them home and they also were falling off. I went back and found some stretchy size 34 shorts and they are a bit tight but they fit pretty well and are not overly tight. I am shocked at how quickly these sizes have changed. My wife also had VSG surgery the same day as me and has kept up with my weight loss (since we started the pre-op diet) and we are within 10 lbs of losing the same amount of weight. She had kids tugging on her pants and she would have to grab them at the last second or they would come off. She also bought some new pants and is now down 6 sizes. She also has some older pants from when she was smaller so she is able to wear these as she is downsizing.

This journey has been amazing for us and we have now lost more than our 11 year old daughter weighs now. Our 11 year old is just barely shorter than my wife, so my wife has the ultimate goal to be our daughters current weight when she is done.

My wife and I have never had a significant stall during this weight loss phase. We usually have a few days where our weight stays the same but it has never been more than a few days.

Edited by mswillis5

I love seeing what you guys have to say - it truly makes me feel less alone. I mean, how many times can I tell my husband how happy I am to wear a pair of pants I haven’t been able to in awhile before he starts tuning me out!?

I’ve been determined to not buy too many clothes until after the first year but I have been allowing myself some new workout clothes for my hikes I’ve been doing. I’ve never had such a nice workout wardrobe!

On another note, I’ve finally stopped obsessing about the scale. It’s so much better for me this way. I walk 3 miles 5 days a week (walking up a mountain and back down) and THIS is why I had the surgery. To be able to be a fitness nut again. I love it and feel like my old self! And yeah, things keep fitting looser and looser so I know it’s still working.

Same feelings here! It feels great to get back into some physical activity I used to love. I let myself get really out of control for a long time and I'm just now recognizing how much my love of food took away my love of everything else.

I decided to only step on the scale maybe once a month and just focus on working out and eating right.

I'm leaving for a snowboarding trip in Armenia next week. Its my first time going in over a decade. When I was a teenager and in college I used to compete and was an instructor. I'm excited to go again, even if I know my weight is still too high and will be a hindrance.

One psychological struggle I'm having is that I'm a total fashionista. At every weight I've managed to have a great wardrobe and made it look GOOD. It's really hard to do that during weight loss and while I love that my clothes are way too big now I also don't want to buy anything new until I'm closer to a goal. However, that means a long time not having my fashion fix and I'm struggling.