Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

On 12/26/2020 at 9:09 AM, MeaganP said:

Hello, all.

I'm new here. I had my surgery on Nov 23. I've had an easy post-op *knocking wood*

I'm in the pureed /soft food stage for another bunch of weeks. On this coming Monday, I add fish to my schedule: tuna, salmon, crabmeat, firm-flesh fish like tilapia. Either in pureed form or in small bites no larger than a pencil eraser. Still at the 4 tbls a meal stage. Supposed to be here for another 4-6 weeks.
I have no idea what macros I'm supposed to hit. I have asked my nutritionist but she has told me not to worry about it too much. (?)

I have 4 meals a day. Two of those meals are Protein Shakes to make sure I get enough Protein. Then the other two meals are 3 tbls of protein-based food and 1 tbl of fruit or veg.

Can anyone suggest macro amounts for me? Again, nutritionist says I shouldn't worry about calorie count or macro count. Not comfortable with that. I need goals!

Welcome!! And congrats on your surgery!

40 minutes ago, PrettyBrown said:

So you’re doing fine with using a straw??? I feel like it could help me get more Water in, I’ve been scared that it’ll cause gas! I had a problem with that right after surgery and have been scared ever since... anyone have any tips for me eating more Protein for Breakfast? I’ve done cottage cheese with GENEPRO Protein Powder, but am looking for some other ideas. I’ve been sticking to beans/scrambled eggs/cottage cheese.

also, has anyone tried BariatricPal foods?? Anything good there?

I spoke too soon on the straws. I was fine for about 3 days but then I sucked up some air and the pain that immediately hit my stomach was unforgettable. So I'm over it. I'm still struggling to even get 40 oz of liquids but I'm trying.

As soon as I posted I was stalled I broke through it and went down 4 lbs in one day.

My dietician has me on a 1200 calorie a day plan and I was never able to eat that much. Finally yesterday I just forced myself to eat everything I was supposed to and just slowly ate all day. Stall broken. The problem is if I need to eat this much I can't do anything all day but eat.

14 hours ago, MommaJay said:

I spoke too soon on the straws. I was fine for about 3 days but then I sucked up some air and the pain that immediately hit my stomach was unforgettable. So I'm over it. I'm still struggling to even get 40 oz of liquids but I'm trying.

Oh no! So sorry! Are you doing okay now or still dealing with the gas?? Sheesh! I was so looking forward to a straw! I’m struggling with my Water intake too! I’m averaging about 32-40oz per day... I had my one month checkup yesterday, they suggested infusing my water with fruit or using SF sweetener to get it down easier.... not sure if I want to do the sweeteners, my dr said it may give me more cravings for sugar moving forward. 😩

3 hours ago, LaoDaBeirut said:

As soon as I posted I was stalled I broke through it and went down 4 lbs in one day.

My dietician has me on a 1200 calorie a day plan and I was never able to eat that much. Finally yesterday I just forced myself to eat everything I was supposed to and just slowly ate all day. Stall broken. The problem is if I need to eat this much I can't do anything all day but eat.

I cannot even IMAGINE 1200 calories a day right now :D Yesterday, I ate about 800, and that is the most I have eaten since surgery... glad your stall broke, though! Eating 800 yesterday broke a short stall for me as well... I dunno if it was the higher calories or the higher carbs that did it.

11 hours ago, PrettyBrown said:

Oh no! So sorry! Are you doing okay now or still dealing with the gas?? Sheesh! I was so looking forward to a straw! I’m struggling with my Water intake too! I’m averaging about 32-40oz per day... I had my one month checkup yesterday, they suggested infusing my Water with fruit or using SF sweetener to get it down easier.... not sure if I want to do the sweeteners, my dr said it may give me more cravings for sugar moving forward. 😩

No, the air went away in a matter of minutes but it was a very painful few minutes. My problem is, I'm just not thirsty lol, I don't mind the taste of water at all. I just never drank much before and I'm not drinking much after. A bad habit I'm really trying to work on. If Mio or something might work for you, you could always just use as little as possible and alternate between plain water and flavored? Also, straws may work fine for you.

55 minutes ago, MommaJay said:

No, the air went away in a matter of minutes but it was a very painful few minutes. My problem is, I'm just not thirsty lol, I don't mind the taste of Water at all. I just never drank much before and I'm not drinking much after. A bad habit I'm really trying to work on. If Mio or something might work for you, you could always just use as little as possible and alternate between plain water and flavored? Also, straws may work fine for you.

Thank you for the advice!

I have hardly been on the forum since my surgery! So I have so much to read and catch up on! Hope you are all doing great!

Sorry I haven't been very active these past few weeks, Mother Nature decided to assist me with weight loss by sending COVID my way...not too fun

Sleeve 11/30... now done with the soft food phase... can hardly wait for some veggies with my protein.... I was looking forward to yakitori, but Covid restrictions limit restaurants to take out... so I’ll find somewhere else to go this week.

I'm stalled again for the second time. Last time I posted here and my stall broke so I'm going to see if that magically works again. I'm assuming it's because I started working out again and my body is wondering what I'm doing to it.

6 hours ago, LaoDaBeirut said:

I'm stalled again for the second time. Last time I posted here and my stall broke so I'm going to see if that magically works again. I'm assuming it's because I started working out again and my body is wondering what I'm doing to it.

I stall every other week. I'll go a week or so at the same weight and then lose a couple and so on. Frustrating, but I'm getting used to it.

Stop weighting so much...I do it too..its a bad habit to break, I am so worried that I will regain weight.i have lost and stalled and been up and down 1 or 2 pounds, but sure enough the weight is coming off. It has slowed down alot..just a few pounds a month or about 1 pound a week but there have been times I felt the same way..this isnt a race.so pace yourself.