Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

On 12/09/2020 at 14:31, JenaJinx said:

Hi everyone, I have a question. I haven't lost anything really since week 2 post op. What would stall weight loss? Not enough Protein? not enough Water? Not sure which it is because I am struggling with both at the moment. Also, not doing much in the way of exercise might be an issue as well. I am 4 weeks post op now. Any positive suggestions are welcome! Thanks :D

Also, anyone have issues with the incision where they take the stomach out still bruising? I was watching a comedy show the other night and after laughing hard, that incision was aching abit the bruise got a little more pronounced again....weird.

So I just got home from my first follow up (I was sleeved on the 24th). They told me over an over to not get upset if my weight loss just stalls in the next two weeks. Apparently this is really common and it’s just the body taking a breath and “catching up”. You’ve had lots of changes in there, you’re not doing anything wrong. You should start losing again soon.

7 minutes ago, mono stereo said:

So I just got home from my first follow up (I was sleeved on the 24th). They told me over an over to not get upset if my weight loss just stalls in the next two weeks. Apparently this is really common and it’s just the body taking a breath and “catching up”. You’ve had lots of changes in there, you’re not doing anything wrong. You should start losing again soon.

OH whew! thank you, my doc did not say anything like that to me. This makes me feel better :D

7 hours ago, GivinItMyALL said:

Ouchie! How did that happen? Hope you're healing well...

I have had a couple "dissolvable" stitches surface, and come out. THAT has been weird... I think they're all done now, so now it's time to start using stuff to try to minimize the scars (I scar poorly...)

Its the stitches on the right side. They're taking forever to dissolve and when I move wrong they rip the flesh. I did it again this morning tying my shoe. Its killing me. Ugh. Other than that I'm good.

I've read a lot about food progressing slowly down your esophagus and the feeling of it getting stuck or about to get stuck. Ugh, hate it. I wonder if it's just part of the process or if I'm not chewing well enough, taking too big of a bite, or that particular food isn't agreeing with me.

I was feeling so blessed when everything was going down smoothly, but the more I inch towards regular food the more it's happening.

Everything else is going great. I hit my stall at 3 or 4 weeks just like everyone says it happens. I lost fifteen pounds beforehand. I really wish it had been more. Oh, well. Still happy with the loss. I haven't started working out at all, so maybe once I start my walking it'll help with the stall. My goal was to start lifting arm weights at 4 weeks. I'm now a week behind schedule.

I need to FOCUS!

Thank you all for your honesty. I'm in a bad way, I'm so done with recovery. 15 days post op and I have a huge painful knot under my large incision and side stitch pain on the right. Not sleeping well because of the pulling pain. Doc told me yesterday to exercise more and expects me to lose 40 lbs every 3 months until I am down to 140. I haven't weighed 140 since middle school. I hurt physically and emotionally I am spent. I am so sore, I'd rather not start a rigorous exercise routine right now. Walking 20 mins a day is all I've got. I feel like I am behind everyone else....

2 minutes ago, CelinaLambeth said:

Thank you all for your honesty. I'm in a bad way, I'm so done with recovery. 15 days post op and I have a huge painful knot under my large incision and side stitch pain on the right. Not sleeping well because of the pulling pain. Doc told me yesterday to exercise more and expects me to lose 40 lbs every 3 months until I am down to 140. I haven't weighed 140 since middle school. I hurt physically and emotionally I am spent. I am so sore, I'd rather not start a rigorous exercise routine right now. Walking 20 mins a day is all I've got. I feel like I am behind everyone else....

Jeez he expects you to do all that when you’re still in severe pain? I’m 15 days post op and having similar pain, but they said it was from internal bruising?!! You’re doing fine. Just keep moving....

On 12/10/2020 at 11:19, CelinaLambeth said:

Yeah, these sound like unreasonable expectations to me. I know the best advice is usually to listen to your doctor but what if the doctor won’t listen to you? That’s what it sounds like. You need to listen to your body and if all you can do is take a short walk, then do that. You did this surgery to be good to yourself, so continue being good to yourself. If you were my best friend I’d tell you to do healthy things that make you feel good for awhile and try not to let anyone pressure you. :)

24 minutes ago, CelinaLambeth said:

Oh, please don't beat yourself up. You're doing fine. I'm not even walking that much and I'm over a month out. I know I should, but... Life. I'll exercise when I can.

Breathe, and just work at your own pace. The stress won't help. Breathe ♥️

What helped me with sleeping was a wedge pillow I got on Amazon to have my upper body elevated a bit, and a firm pillow to press on the front of me when I would try to lay on my side (I'm normally a side sleeper). Now I don't need those things anymore. You'll get there!

1 hour ago, CelinaLambeth said:

You are not behind!! I have other health problems and am 4 weeks post op haven’t exercised hardly at all and am still losing. I had a knot under my incision too and was in a lot of pain still at 2 weeks. sleeping in my recliner helped a lot instead of my bed. It gets better I promise!!

It’s my one month anniversary of surgery! Oh man I was not feeling great this time last month. I’m glad I’m done with that. I’m feeling great now, no pain anywhere, no problems with getting liquids. In the last month I lost 16.4 lbs, for a total weight loss of 74.2 lbs. I’ve had a stall but I expected that. I know I need to start exercising more. I literally just started soft foods and so far so good, but I’ve not exactly tried a lot.

One thing I will say is I was a bit concerned because I had no restriction whatsoever with liquid after the first week, and that kind of alarmed me. Like everyone says though, it comes with actual food. I feel like it’s in my esophagus when I’ve eaten too much.

3 hours ago, CelinaLambeth said:

Do you think a heating pad or a hot water bottle might help with the knot or the pulling pain? I’m sorry you are having a hard time. Some people sail right through the postop period and others have a harder time. This won’t last forever. Do your best with walking and add more time as you are able. You’ll get there, I promise!

Hi, fellow November buddies! Wanted a bit of a snack today, and needed more Protein. I scooped up a bowl of vanilla Two Good yogurt (I can't do the other SF yogurts for some reason, but probably any vanilla one would work), added a scoop of unflavored protein, and then a tiny squirt of orange tangerine Mio. Was like a melted creamsicle. Really yummy! Just in case anyone needs something different ☺️

Hi everyone, I have a question. I haven't lost anything really since week 2 post op. What would stall weight loss? Not enough Protein? not enough Water? Not sure which it is because I am struggling with both at the moment. Also, not doing much in the way of exercise might be an issue as well. I am 4 weeks post op now. Any positive suggestions are welcome! Thanks [emoji3]
Also, anyone have issues with the incision where they take the stomach out still bruising? I was watching a comedy show the other night and after laughing hard, that incision was aching abit the bruise got a little more pronounced again....weird.

I am almost 2 weeks post op and I haven't lost any weight since 8 days post op. Very frustrating. I'm down 20lbs total so I'm trying to stay optimistic. I'm still too early to exercise or anything. My crazy head is looking at how to reset my 12 day old pouch. I need to have my husband hide the scales until January lol. I have the same ache in the stomach incision from laughing or using the bathroom. I wondered how long it will ache. You are not alone!

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yikes. You know your body, let it heal. I'm 12 days post op and today is the first day I'm considering a leisurely walk on the trails by my house.

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 12/9/2020 at 3:29 PM, bufbills said:

Its the stitches on the right side. They're taking forever to dissolve and when I move wrong they rip the flesh. I did it again this morning tying my shoe. Its killing me. Ugh. Other than that I'm good.

Have you considered wearing a band around your mid-section? I had a little tear and a drop of blood right after and my doctor suggested I wear the band until I stopped feeling so tight near the stitches.. maybe that will help??