Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone for October 2020?

Also I would like to add I did surgery on 10/15 and I can tolerate chicken, Ground beef, lamb chop, ribs, turkey and I’ve only had for fish mahi-mahi. I can not hold down tuna, salmon. Have to remember to eat super slow if not I get that mucus in the back of my throat and 🤮 this also happen if I take large bites.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:13 PM, MamT said:

Anyone experience severe dumping syndrome? I’ve been really sick...like I can’t keep anything down. I’ve had Water diarrhea so bad that I had to get fluids 3 out of 5 days. I’ve been nauseous and have thrown up a few times but the severe diarrhea has been going on for 12 days now. The doctor is running lots of tests for parasites and infections but mentioned today that he thinks it is dumping syndrome. My surgery was Oct 12 and I was doing completely fine. In fact, I was planning to go back to the gym but started feeling bad. I’m just worried that my Gastro Dr will just blame my sickness on my surgery and dumping syndrome. Anyone had experience with this?

How are you doing?!?! Any update? Did they figure it out? Thinking of you ❤️

7 hours ago, Lilfootie said:

How are you doing?!?! Any update? Did they figure it out? Thinking of you ❤️

Thanks so much! I’m FINALLY starting to feel better. The tests showed that something is going on in my intestines but didn’t show exactly what I had. My surgeon definitely said it is NOT dumping syndrome. I am on 2 different antibiotics and I’m feeling a little better so that’s hopeful. I go back to the Gastro doctor tomorrow so I will see what else they plan on doing. Hopefully this is just a bacterial infection that will go away after the medicine.

On 12/1/2020 at 12:04 AM, ChiNaDoll2285 said:

What was your weight when u began & day of surgery? Just curious. Did the Dr's ask u to lose weight b4 ur Sx date? I'm asking because I want asked to do that, just to said eat Protein, Protein & more protein & take Vit D3. I'm 226 lbs. Can't wait to get back dwn to 150 (haven't seem that # since H.S ) 160lbs would b nice. Bikini would b nice too. Hv never been in 1 so I bought 1 in a size LARGE as an initiative, 3yrs ago. CANT WAIT TO C IF I CAN GET INTO IT. I'M wearing it to Tahiti & Turks & Co?? Yup .... BABY GAP! here I come

Sent from my VS501 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey ! Happy holidays !! My weight when I started was 256, surgery date 242. The doctor did not tell me to lose weight. He just said don’t gain .

good luck !

Starting Weight 222

I was asked to lose weight before surgery so my surgery weight was 212. My current weight is 180 after 8 weeks and it's starting to look and feel really great. I can't wait to see 150.

Hey there! I had my sleeve surgery 10/26 and before surgery I was 225 and did the the 2 week liquid diet and went in at 212 and here now 2 months later I’m down to 183! I can’t wait to get down to 150 as well!

Just wanting to check in and see if my weight loss is average and falling in line with others who've had VSG in October 2020. I had surgery 10/16 starting weight 213, currently at 183. Down 30 lbs. How is everyone doing?

23 minutes ago, Koko.G said:

Just wanting to check in and see if my weight loss is average and falling in line with others who've had VSG in October 2020. I had surgery 10/16 starting weight 213, currently at 183. Down 30 lbs. How is everyone doing?

You are doing great for your starting weight, some may have lost more, some may have lost less in that time but we are all different and with a lot of different post op guidelines.

Keep up the wonderful effort!

12/29/2020 03:41 PM, Koko.G said:

I had surgery on 10/15 starting weight was 230 current weight 192 but my weight is really coming off so weird. I don’t loose weight for like 2 whole weeks one occasion it was 3 weeks then all of a sudden I’ll loose up to 7lbs in one week. So weird, but happy lost 38lbs so far and COUNTING!!!

2 hours ago, Koko.G said:

I also started at 213 and am at 181 (was 183 yesterday lol), so we are about the same. Surgery was 10/19 and I am 5’3”

45 minutes ago, Lilfootie said:

I also started at 213 and am at 181 (was 183 yesterday lol), so we are about the same. Surgery was 10/19 and I am 5’3”

We are surgery sisters lol, I am also 5'3" 😁

5 hours ago, Hop_Scotch said:

You are doing great for your starting weight, some may have lost more, some may have lost less in that time but we are all different and with a lot of different post op guidelines.

Keep up the wonderful effort!

Thank you for the encouraging words 💓

3 hours ago, Yray said:

I had surgery on 10/15 starting weight was 230 current weight 192 but my weight is really coming off so weird. I don’t loose weight for like 2 whole weeks one occasion it was 3 weeks then all of a sudden I’ll loose up to 7lbs in one week. So weird, but happy lost 38lbs so far and COUNTING!!!

Wow! That's amazing, congrats. Mine has been kinda wierd as well. I feel like the 1st few weeks was pretty consistent weight loss then the last 3 weeks or so it's been 1-2 lbs per week, which is still good for me... but I just wanted to know if I was at least close to my fellow VSGers and seems like I am thankfully. I love the and COUNTING, that's right 💪👏

Got a question? How much is everyone else eating like I can have maybe 2-3 oz of Protein and very little vegetable or mash potatoes in one setting. I feel like I’m still not where I should be in that aspect.