Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone for October 2020?

5 hours ago, Yray said:

Yes this happens to me when I eat to fast I hate having the food for so long in my mouth chewing. But when I swallow to fast sure enough I get nauseous:( hope this helps.

Thanks! I will pay attention more and see if that’s my issue.

How’s everyone doing? My weight is been pretty much the same since December going up and down super weird. I was at 189 for like 3 weeks then started dropping down to 185 went back up to 188 and today I was at 185.6 don’t know what to do with it. Pretty much it’s been like this for 2 whole months. My Water I sake I would say it’s around 50-64oz and food I can’t seem to eat more than 4-5oz at once that includes veggies and Protein. Calories between 600-700 this is having 2 Protein Shake. I’m exercising with no weight lifting just resistance I wonder if this is why? Also my hair started falling :(((

1 hour ago, Yray said:

How’s everyone doing? My weight is been pretty much the same since December going up and down super weird. I was at 189 for like 3 weeks then started dropping down to 185 went back up to 188 and today I was at 185.6 don’t know what to do with it. Pretty much it’s been like this for 2 whole months. My Water I sake I would say it’s around 50-64oz and food I can’t seem to eat more than 4-5oz at once that includes veggies and Protein. Calories between 600-700 this is having 2 Protein Shake. I’m exercising with no weight lifting just resistance I wonder if this is why? Also my hair started falling :(((

Oh my gosh! I am in the exact same boat as you. I have been in and out of a stall all month. I have only had 4 days of losses and have gained on quite a few days. Evens out to be a stall. My hair is bonkers!!! I am losing massive amounts and you can see my scalp in the front and sides. I bought Nioxin Shampoo, added collagen and Biotin. It is a big confidence killer. I feel super hormonal - had a bad period reminiscent of my teenage years early in the month and even got an acne cyst on my chin, which hasn’t happened in 6 years. My clothing size has gone down by one this month though, and people are really starting to notice my weight loss, so trying to stay positive!

On 1/29/2021 at 2:37 PM, Yray said:

How’s everyone doing?

Hi 🙋‍♀️, I've been stalling as well since the beginning of January. I've taken the same 1lb off then put it back on again I don't know how many times! I've noticed more Hair loss so am making a real effort to eat more Protein, as my dietitian says it's the lack of protein that causes this (unfortunately she says it's the lack of protein 3 months before so the extra protein won't work for a bit). My calories are higher than yours - about 1100 per day. They've crept up with the protein I'm adding in. I still can't eat much "real food" at a time so eating little and often and still having 1 high Protein Shake a day. I still can't tolerate most meat - it just sticks. The dietitian says this might get better, but then again it might not....I'm doing fast walking most days for about 45 minutes and then upper body weights 3 times a week. I just want to get the weight loss going again - don't know how to do this.

On 01/29/2021 at 11:08, Lilfootie said:

Oh my gosh! I am in the exact same boat as you. I have been in and out of a stall all month. I have only had 4 days of losses and have gained on quite a few days. Evens out to be a stall. My hair is bonkers!!! I am losing massive amounts and you can see my scalp in the front and sides. I bought Nioxin Shampoo, added collagen and Biotin. It is a big confidence killer. I feel super hormonal - had a bad period reminiscent of my teenage years early in the month and even got an acne cyst on my chin, which hasn’t happened in 6 years. My clothing size has gone down by one this month though, and people are really starting to notice my weight loss, so trying to stay positive!

Must add that Shampoo, college. And Biotin hopefully it will help! I guess we are getting to where we start to stall. I’ve also forgot to mention I’ve been wine to my diet about 1 glass Thursday Friday and Saturday. I get a rose or white wine and fill it with Water it last all night when dining out with friends.

On 01/30/2021 at 11:12, Deb9386 said:

Hi 🙋‍♀️, I've been stalling as well since the beginning of January. I've taken the same 1lb off then put it back on again I don't know how many times! I've noticed more Hair loss so am making a real effort to eat more Protein, as my dietitian says it's the lack of Protein that causes this (unfortunately she says it's the lack of protein 3 months before so the extra protein won't work for a bit). My calories are higher than yours - about 1100 per day. They've crept up with the protein I'm adding in. I still can't eat much "real food" at a time so eating little and often and still having 1 high Protein Shake a day. I still can't tolerate most meat - it just sticks. The dietitian says this might get better, but then again it might not....I'm doing fast walking most days for about 45 minutes and then upper body weights 3 times a week. I just want to get the weight loss going again - don't know how to do this.

I wish I could eat that much my weight in the day of surgery was 222 I stand at 5”3’. I can’t seem to eat enough. I might call my dr because I need to find other ways to add more protein. I’ve even started eating more seafood like stone crabs, mussels also beef liver all things high in protein. I can eat everything even meat. There’s two things I haven’t tried because I’m a little discussed by it tuna and salmon.

3 hours ago, Yray said:

I wish I could eat that much my weight in the day of surgery was 222 I stand at 5”3’. I can’t seem to eat enough.

I do worry that I'm eating too many calories. My dietitian has said that I can go up to 1200 calories but I wonder if the higher calorie intake is what's stalled my weight loss? Re the calories, as well as adding Protein, I also got a bit concerned about the lack of fibre and Omega 3 oil foods etc in my diet (I can't tolerate fresh tuna or sardines and most whole veg). So I added in 15g per day of a cold milled seed mix (flax, sunflower & pumpkin) at 84 calories (I put it on bran flakes at breakfast), plus 6g of chopped nuts: 42 calories (hazelnuts & pecans) and 15g dried apricots (30 calories). With the calories for 25g bran flakes and the milk on it, it bumped up my calories a lot. I'm going to see how it goes, but if my stall doesn't break I'll probably pull back on my calorie intake.

I'm finding the balancing of everything really hard.

On 01/31/2021 at 15:22, Deb9386 said:

I do worry that I'm eating too many calories. My dietitian has said that I can go up to 1200 calories but I wonder if the higher calorie intake is what's stalled my weight loss? Re the calories, as well as adding Protein, I also got a bit concerned about the lack of fibre and Omega 3 oil foods etc in my diet (I can't tolerate fresh tuna or sardines and most whole veg). So I added in 15g per day of a cold milled seed mix (flax, sunflower & pumpkin) at 84 calories (I put it on bran flakes at breakfast), plus 6g of chopped nuts: 42 calories (hazelnuts & pecans) and 15g dried apricots (30 calories). With the calories for 25g bran flakes and the milk on it, it bumped up my calories a lot. I'm going to see how it goes, but if my stall doesn't break I'll probably pull back on my calorie intake.

Since I can’t seem to take in to much to 1,200 seems like something in the far far future but that’s where you really want to be get the your nutrition & Vitamin. I started to tolerate nuts too I’m going to incorporate that in my Breakfast that will help me.

1 hour ago, Megan831 said:

Weight loss check in. Surgery 10/14. Starting weight 222 current 182. I feel like it is really slow moving.
How many calories is everyone taking in? I am at about 700. How are you all coming along?

Sent from my SM-N981U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had surgery 10/5 at 252lbs and am down to 202. I’m also eating around 700 calories a day. Everything has been good for me, but my hair is falling out like crazy. I knew it was to be expected but it’s shocking. Ngl, have cried about it a few times lol

On 1/31/2021 at 12:22 PM, Deb9386 said:

Deb, how’s the Fiber going? I’m super backed up and having some major BM issues but I eat a ton of veggies and fruit. I’m getting frustrated with myself and my do. Doesn’t want me on stool softeners but at 70 grams of Protein I need some major fiber.

3 hours ago, Zom B said:

Deb, how’s the Fiber going? I’m super backed up and having some major BM issues but I eat a ton of veggies and fruit. I’m getting frustrated with myself and my do. Doesn’t want me on stool softeners but at 70 grams of Protein I need some major fiber.

The added fibre helped particularly the bran Cereal (All Bran or Bran Flakes) & the dried apricots. I also increased my Water intake and am just about holding my own with the BMs! But I still need to take a (gentle) laxative every few days. I use Dulco Lax. I wish I could eat more whole veggies - I just can't get most down. I'm really missing things like salad, raw veggies and cabbage!

02/11/2021 11:57 AM, Megan831 said:

Weight loss check in. Surgery 10/14. Starting weight 222 current 182. I feel like it is really slow moving.
How many calories is everyone taking in? I am at about 700. How are you all coming along?

Sent from my SM-N981U using BariatricPal mobile app

We are almost identical!!! Surgery 10/15 weight in 222 current weight 179.6. I swear I’m loosing inches more than weight! Eating around 700 calories. Feeling great. Only thing I can’t seem to keep down is my Multivitamin. So I’m back on the flint stones. My Hair loss is scaring me! I’ve been pretty active try to do full body workouts 3 times a week and cardio 2 times a week. I feel like my energy levels are really good good right now. Still wake up nauseous pretty much everyday. Started introducing alcohol I thought it would effect me more. Can drink about a beer and a half and it doesn’t do anything to me. The other day we went out to dinner came home and then decided to walk to a pub by the house and had a whole mojito that made me a little dizzy. Dropped from size 16 to a 12 YAY!!!!  Noticed I’m not drinking as much Water need to make sure I stay on top of that.  Low sugar levels!!! It’s happed twice already where my sugar level dropped that does not feel nice, but I know why it was because I skipped breakfast.  So just need to make sure I eat even if it’s a Protein Bar.  

Sleeved 10/16 5'3" starting weight was 213 day of surgery, currently at 165. I also need to find ways to incorporate more Protein and drink more Water. My hair is falling out like crazy, that started about 3 to 4 weeks ago although it does seem to be slowing down a lil bit. My Multivitamin also makes me nauseous so I make sure to take it right before I fall asleep so I sleep it off at night. How's everyone else currently?

Hi Everyone - Just checking in! I am currently 152lbs (5’3”, 10/19 surgery, 213 Day of Surgery). Stopped doing extra exercise in Feb due to continued issues with my upper back. It got really bad. I had an X-ray and I have a slight curve to the left in my thoracic spine - not big enough to concern the doctor yet (no visible tumors or anything), but it’s probably the reason for my pain and numbness. Going to start PT next week or the week after. My hair is still falling out, although it is slowing down a lot. I chopped my hair to a bob and it looks way better, but I still have to be careful where I part my hair lol! I am not allowed Snacks or more food than 1/2 cup for my 3 meals, so I was wondering how you all are getting in calories? I am anywhere between 550 and 800 per day. I have started having food cravings again, but not hunger (except for the day before my period!!! Eek!). I have tried adding higher fat foods like olive oil, Peanut Butter, real butter, but it doesn’t take me too far. I am not sensitive to fatty foods. I also noticed that peanuts trigger a stall for a couple of days, even during “losing periods” (I stall for much of the month and then lose rapidly for 5-10 days at a time). I wonder if I am sensitive to them? How is everyone else doing?