Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise Challenge

It continues to be crazy busy around here. My youngest son and his girlfriend have been here since Saturday and my oldest son & his girlfriend arrive tomorrow. On Saturday we're hosting a holiday open house for about 40 people at my house. What was I thinking when I sent out those invitations? Seriously, I am looking forward to it, but it is keeping me too busy.

For today's exercise I did a little work in the yard. I raked and bagged leaves for about an hour. I'm definately counting it as exercise. My back is feeling it for sure.

Frangi, sorry to hear that your holiday got off to a bad start, but I must admit I laughed out loud about your track suit from the all night grocery.

Keep up the exercise everybody. You are all doing sooooo good. Hope everyone has some time off to relax over the holidays.

Crazy Ates DECEMBERExercise ChallengeBanane49.gif

10/20 Days of Exercise

Good Morning Friends!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday season!!!!

Thank you for sending good Karma my way -- the airline (or perhaps Santa's elves) dropped my luggage off at the front desk in the middle of the night, and life is good once again!

I didn't work out last night as planned. I was so distressed over my missing luggage that I decided I needed a little "retail therapy" last night -- so off to the mall I went!

LadyBugRed -- I am so glad that things are continuing to go well with your weight loss.

Becky have a wonderful party! Sounds like a lot of fun. I am sure you are a fabulous hostess and it will be a terrific event.

I worked out this morning, but am only counting it as 1/2 of a workout because I did only 30 minutes of my usual hour. I simply cannot bring myself to stay on an indoor treadmill for a whole hour -- it is just way too boring. So, I will do part two of my workout this evening after I return from visiting with the family.

Even though I am freezing, and I have not seen the sun since I left the Caribbean, I must say that it still feels really good to be home for the holidays...................

kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gifCrazy Ates DECEMBER Exercise Challenge kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gif

12.5/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Good news on the luggage. Glad it made it back to ya.

Got another day of walking in, all the way from the tire store back home. Now I'm waiting to hear from them so I can walk back and get my truck.

Kinda like a forced exercise program today. Either that or sit in the waiting room for hours...LOL

And remember, only 4 shopping days till XMAS....WOOHOO:whoo::whoo::whoo:

Good news on the luggage. Glad it made it back to ya.

Thanks Dave! I am too.

OMG I am having so much fun now! I had a great day and I am full swing into the holiday spirit!

And here's the best news, I have lost another two pounds, which puts me just one pound away from my Christmas goal of 60 pounds!!!

I am going to work extra hard to get that one last pound off by Monday.

Talk to you tomorrow, have a good night everyone!!!

kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gifCrazy Ates DECEMBER Exercise Challenge kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gif

13/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

Well, the workout schedule is not going as planned, but that's okay it's time to Celebrate and have fun after all the hard work we've done -- right?

I did manage to get a workout in today, which might be my last one until Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and very Merry Christmas!!!!

14/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

I must be nuts. Its 3:20 in the morning and I just got a small 2 mile walk in, around the neighborhood. I kept looking for the cops to get me for something. But, this gets me closer to the goal of 24 days. Hope everyone is ready for tomorrow. As for me, just a SMALL meal with the parents...LOL

And 2 more lbs gone...Gonna go down to the wire on this one:whoo::whoo::whoo:

I must be nuts. Its 3:20 in the morning and I just got a small 2 mile walk in, around the neighborhood. I kept looking for the cops to get me for something. But, this gets me closer to the goal of 24 days. Hope everyone is ready for tomorrow. As for me, just a SMALL meal with the parents...LOL

Dave congratulations on your incredible weight loss!!!!

You are doing a wonderful job with the exercise, but be careful out there -- it just doesn't seem very safe to be out walking in the middle of the night.

I am going to splurge just a little bit tonight and tomorrow and have a few of my favorite Christmas treats, like praline pecans and shortbread. That said, with the help of this band, I trust my ability to have and enjoy a reasonable portion of these foods -- unlike years gone by.............

BTW, I weighed myself this morning and I did make my Christmas goal of 60 Lbs lost -- Woo Hoo!!!! :rose::bananapartyhat::rose:

14/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

In my neighborhood, I'm not sure anyone would have noticed :rose:

So far, I'm making the gym fees work for me. I worked out for a little under two hours on Friday, doing 30 minutes treadmill, 30 minutes elliptical and and about 40 minutes on the machines, doing mostly leg work. I've been getting PT for a tennis elbow (and I don't even play tennis!), so I have to stay away from the arms for a while.

Yesterday, I did about the same, but only 10 minutes on the elliptical. I think I made a mistake not having something to eat before working out, because I was feeling a little low on energy and just petered out.

Wow, you guys are all doing great. I did get my exercise in while I was visiting family and getting my fill. My brother has a mini gym set up at home so I was able to work out there. I too hit 60 pounds gone by Christmas! My doctor was very impressed that I lost any weight while being unfilled. The nurse said that most of the time when they unfill patients they will either stay the same, but most gain a few pounds. She also said that she had seen more than a few people who were unfilled for as long as I was (42 days) gain ALL of their weight back. So they were AMAZED that I lost a total of 9.5 pounds while being unfilled. I told them it took a lot of will power and a lot of working out, BUT that my will power had plain run out. Now I am pretty tight. We are able to go back on solid, regular food after 2 days, (which would have been yesterday), but I don't think I could have. I had some mashed potatoes last night and I didn't PB, but if I hadn't gone REALLY slow, I think I would have.

Well I will be back on later if I get my workout in today. I have an entire house to clean though so I might not. I am still a little low on energy seeing that I got in MAYBE 500 calories yesterday!

I thought I'd check in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas! You all are hanging tough considering all the temptations that are around now.

I got a small fill on December 13 and in the last few days I have somehow gotten a little tighter (don't understand why that happens) than I would like to be. Frangi, I had also planned on indulging in a few treats, but it is looking like my big treat is going to be hot chocolate. This is for sure going to be the first Christmas where I've lost weight.

I've not had any formal exercise in a few days but I swear I'm right back at it after the holidays. Have fun everybody!

I just got back from a 40 minute walk. It is a beautiful day here so I just wanted to get some fresh air and sunshine. I hope everyone is having a great day.

Crazy Ates DECEMBERExercise ChallengeBanane49.gif

11/20 Days of Exercise

Another day of exercise done and much to my surprise, another pound gone. I hope the scale still reads this in the morning. Keep it up everyone and we can survive the holiday season together...Dave

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Somehow I knew we would all be here -- even on Christmas!

Have a great evening!

Crazy Ates DECEMBER Exercise Challenge kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gif

15/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

My gym opened up for the first time on Christmas, until noon, so I was able to get in another hour of treadmill and elliptical. I was surprised at how crowded it was.

Well I got my Christmas Day workout in. The Biggest Loser DVD is a good one! My fill is also working very well. I ate about 1 tablespoon each of sweet potatoes, regular potaotes, and stuffing, and MAYBE 1 oz of chicken and I was STUFFED. I was actually uncomfortably stuffed. My fill is really tight, but I am not going to complain at all because I have dropped 5 pounds since having it done! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. Just think, only one more holiday festivity to dodge!