Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise Challenge

Good morning!

Still traveling, but the hotel I am staying at happens to have a very deluxe fitness center (a refreshing surprise), so I got an excellent, not-too-boring, workout in this morning.

LadyBugRed congrats on your successful fill :clap2::clap2::clap2:!

Welcome to the wonderful world of restriction -- it's great isn't it?

Have a great day day everyone!

kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gifCrazy Ates DECEMBER Exercise Challenge kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gif

3/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Good morning!

Still traveling, but the hotel I am staying at happens to have a very deluxe fitness center (a refreshing surprise), so I got an excellent, not-too-boring, workout in this morning.

LadyBugRed congrats on your successful fill :clap2::clap2::clap2:!

Welcome to the wonderful world of restriction -- it's great isn't it?

Have a great day day everyone!

kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gifCrazy Ates DECEMBER Exercise Challenge kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gif

3/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

Thanks!! Yes, it makes quite a difference. I am still full from my egg beaters this morning. Normally by now I am looking to snack. Have a safe trip!

Dave, sorry to hear your Dad is in the hospital, but glad you are still taking care of yourself. Keep it up.

I got in a 40 minute walk today.

Banane49.gifCrazy Ates DECEMBERExercise ChallengeBanane49.gif

2/20 Days of Exercise

So I didn't get my workout in last night like I hoped, but when I got home, my boyfried was in a foul mood, started cooking dinner and then forgot about the chicken in the oven and it burned. We spent the rest of the evening trying to clear the house of smoke. Fortunately with some beer for him we were able to laugh about it and it actually put him in a better mood.

I did get my exercise tonight, but there is a funny story to go with it. I laughed really hard. I just got done doing my workout routine with the exercise ball and weights. I was doing push ups and I go until my arms just won't lift me any further. Just as they gave out and I kind of ungracefully rolled off the ball, my boyfriend turned around to look at the tv and there I was sprawled out all over the floor. He said "when you claimed to be a beached whale in the past, I didn't think that you ever looked like one, but seeing you laying there all sweaty and flopped over, I think I finally see it." He was just kidding of course but I told him that I was going to have to post that he called me a beached whale. Then he said "well, more like a beached guppy, there is just not enough blubber left on ya." How sweet. I will take it as a compliment.

Chat with you tomorrow, you guys are all doing great. Dave, sorry to hear about your dad, but you are one dedicated guy!

Good morning,

I am just SO impressed with how dedicated everybody in our group is to their exercise regime -- and the wonderful thing is that the numbers are reflecting all of your hard work. High fives all around!!!! You guys inspire me and really keep me motivated -- I love this group!

Dave, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope that he is on the road to recovery, and will be out of the hospital soon.

Salsa, that is a very funny story!

Enjoy your day everyone.

4/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

Becky and Frangipani, Thanks. If they could figure what is causing him pain in his shoulder area, we should start on the recovery road. Now they are saying nerve problems. Its a wait and see thing. Congrats to all who have started the December Challenge

Frangi, I'm impressed with this group too. I think we'll be some of the first Crazy Ates to be posting on the "life at or near goal thread". I sure hope so!

I walked for 45 minutes today.

3/20 Days of Exercise

Happy Holidays!

Well, better late than never. And believe me, never would have been easier. It's not easy to come back when you feel like you've let people down. I'm sorry. Thank you, Frangipani for keeping things going. You are all inspiring!

I've been struggling with my band and exercise lately. I knew it would be a hurdle-- that's why I signed up to do the exercise challenges. I was hoping it would be easier this time around.

I have 10 exercise days scheduled this month, most of which are walking. I got 1 down. I can do this!

Happy Holidays!

Well, better late than never. And believe me, never would have been easier. It's not easy to come back when you feel like you've let people down. I'm sorry. Thank you, Frangipani for keeping things going. You are all inspiring!

I've been struggling with my band and exercise lately. I knew it would be a hurdle-- that's why I signed up to do the exercise challenges. I was hoping it would be easier this time around.

I have 10 exercise days scheduled this month, most of which are walking. I got 1 down. I can do this!

Kathy,

You are not letting any of us down. You really should check in here as often as you can though, because everyone here is great and we really do support people through the tough times. I am not sure I would have been as successful as I have been if it wasn't for the wonderful people here. Let us know what you need and we will do it. If you need some one to give ya tough love I am here to do that (Officially trained as a teacher, so you will be getting certified help!) or if you need gentle, calming help, there are many people here to do that too, and even I can do that. We really do want to help!!!!!! Besides if I am helping others I don't feel as bad that my stinking scale hasn't moved in the last week and a half. It is as good for us as it will be for you. Hang in there and have you contacted Dr. Neal's office to see if there is something they can do to help. We both know how wonderful they are. I am going back on the 21st to get my refill. I had to be completely unfilled about a month ago because my teeth forgot their job was to chew. See we all make mistakes, but the next day is new and we start again.

Keep in touch!

Hi Band Chick! Glad you checked in. I've been thinking about you. I'm sorry you're struggling but you've come to the right place. Yes, you can do this. Just keep checking in here and tell us what challenges you're having. We will certainly try to help. Have you had a fill lately? Obviously the lapband is not the quick, effortless, magic that so many unbanded people think it is. It is still hard work and the mental issues still loom large. Coming here everyday and feeling some accountability to all the others who are working so hard is helping me. Good luck, Becky

I walked for 45 minutes this morning.

4/20 Days of Exercise

Got in my workout last night and the scale finally moved this morning. That thing has been so stubborn lately, but finally down a pound. Don't know if it will last, but that will be a problem on a different day. Today, I am celebrating. :whoo:

I just got cleared from my port revision to start exercising... Hopefully i will be able to get some of this weight off. Since being banded in August I have only lost a small fraction of the weight I wanted to by now. 2 days at the gym down though.

Thank you for your support!

One more exercise day down! 20 minute walk with my daughter tonight.

I asked for a membership to Curves for Christmas. I think that will help. I'm also reading The Success Habits of Weight-Loss Surgery Patients. My WLS councilor says I'm right on track and losing, but I know I could be doing a lot better-- and I want to!

As I get more restriction I'm more limited on what I can eat. I'm getting bored with the same ol' same ol'. What are some of your favorites? I'd love to find something new.

Hi Everyone,

Band Chick, Welcome Back! As Texas Becky said we are all here to help each other out -- so keep checking in with us and we will keep each other going during the challenging times. We all do have those times, that's for sure.

Well, I had my third fill appointment. The Dr. says that everything looks good, and that I seem to be holding my fills well at this point, so this time he added just the tiniest amount (.2cc).

It seems as if I won't need to be getting any more fills for a while, so now it is time to devote my full focus to my workouts -- and Amigos I am on a mission. I am pleased with my weight loss so far, but the time has come to kick this operation into high gear!

Today was Day 1 of the new mission. I doubled the duration of my cardio workout as well as the intensity (added three more steep hills to my route), and this week I will be headed back to the gym for weight lifting workouts.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Crazy Ates DECEMBER Exercise Challenge kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gif

5/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png