Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Exercise Challenge

While all of you are working so hard I've been goofing off. I did get in a 40 minute walk today, but I just haven't made the time the last few days. Too many parties, too much wine drinking, too much shopping, cooking, decorating, wrapping presents, etc. Yesterday I made the conscious decision to take a bubble bath instead of going for a walk. I'm enjoying the holidays and have more energy and interest than I've had in several years, so I'm not going to be too hard on myself. I have not been overeating, so that means alot. This time of year is usually all about gaining weight for me, so it feels great to be in control.

Lady Bug, I'm so glad you're feeling the benefits of exercising. I like getting it done early too. If I wait too long, I'm much less likely to fit it in to my day. Salsa, I can't wait to hear your full review of the new exercise video. Frangi, what an ordeal you had. I'm sure glad the dog was friendly! Dave, be careful walking so late at night. Look what happened to Frangi. You are doing a great job though. Nana, sounds like we are both having too much holiday fun! At least we are on the go! Hope everyone has a great week. Becky

Banane49.gifCrazy Ates DECEMBERExercise ChallengeBanane49.gif

8/20 Days of Exercise

So I can't do a full review of the DVD because I haven't done the whole thing yet, but I can give you a review of what I have seen. Bob (the trainer) works you hard. My butt, hips and thighs are sore, but it is fun. It is nice to see that the people in the video are struggling right along with you. It makes you feel that if you can't quite keep up that it is okay because sometimes they can't keep up either. There are a lot of alternate motions given for those that can't quite do the full range of motions. So far I like it. I am not going to get to exercise tonight though because I have to work until 9:00pm. I have been at work since 5:30AM so it is going to be a VERY long day.

I feel the benefits of exercise but I can't seem to just accept that I have to do it!! Old habits die hard. This will be the first holiday season that I LOST weight instead of losing. My family still hides the scale but I should be in wonderland this weekend. Merry Christmas to me!! I must have really gained when they took the scale. Last week I lost 2.8 and this week I lost 2.2. I still can eat pretty much what I want but not as much. I see the Dr on January 2nd and I will schedule my 2nd fill.

Texas Becky - I just LOVE your attitude!! You keep me motivated!!

I feel the benefits of exercise but I can't seem to just accept that I have to do it!! Old habits die hard. This will be the first holiday season that I LOST weight instead of losing. My family still hides the scale but I should be in wonderland this weekend. Merry Christmas to me!! I must have really gained when they took the scale. Last week I lost 2.8 and this week I lost 2.2. I still can eat pretty much what I want but not as much. I see the Dr on January 2nd and I will schedule my 2nd fill.

Texas Becky - I just LOVE your attitude!! You keep me motivated!!

I meant to say the first Holiday season where I didn't gain weight.

Frangi - thank God that dog was friendly!! My neighbor's dog is just like that. A large golden retriever.

Salsa, I think the DVD sounds great. How long is it and where did you buy it? Aren't you a teacher? Why are you working such crazy long hours?

Lady Bug, I too need to accept that exercise has to be a life long habit. I kind of keep wondering when I'm going to quit like all the times before. I've been walking since July, so this may be the longest I've ever been in a consistent routine. I guess self discipline (not my favorite thing) is the key. We have to do it whether we want to or not.

Crazy Ates DECEMBERExercise ChallengeBanane49.gif

9/20 Days of Exercise

I ordered mine through wal-mart and did the site-to-store option so that I didn't have to pay the shipping. I couldn't find it anywhere in the store, but I am assuming it will come after Christmas seeing that it should be out in time for "New Year's Resolutions".

Yes I am a teacher, but the notion that teacher's work 7-3 (my contract hours) is a false thought. I usually work between 12-15 hours a day. That is why I am quitting the profession after this year. I have had 4 miserable years at this job and I hate it. We (my BF and I) are going to move closer to my family. I don't know what I am going to do for a job right now, but I may go to work at t-mobile which is where my BF works. Then once I get my surgery paid off, I am going to try and go back to school to get my Pharmacy Degree. That is what I really want to do, but it takes at least 4 years and cost $$$$$$$. SO we will see.

Hi Everyone!

Yes, I was lucky the dog was friendly and yes indeed LadyBugRed, the dog was a mix, but looked to have a whole lot of Golden Retriever in its blood.

Becky, sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying yourself this Holiday season. Good for you!!! You have been working very hard and you deserve it girlfriend!!!!

LadyBugRed now that you have had your first fill, your weight loss has increased at an amazing rate. Five pounds in less than two weeks is awesome -- Congratulations clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif!!!

Salsa, thanks for the detailed info on the DVD. I am going to try to get my hands on a copy once I get to the States.

Well, today was my last workout until Thursday. Tomorrow I fly to back to the cold, northern climes for two weeks -- brrrrrr. I am originally from the Northern US and have suffered through many a miserable winter, but my body is now completely acclimatized to the tropics -- so I am not looking forward to dealing with frigid temps and snow.

Does shivering continuously count as a workout?

kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gifCrazy Ates DECEMBER Exercise Challenge kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gif

12/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Another day of walking done...3.6 miles

And for Florida, it was chilly BRRRRRRR

If you want sympathy from us up in the frozen north, forgettaboutit ;)

I finally got tired of just walking and went and joined a gym I used to belong to two years ago, before I started traveling a lot. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.0 mph and 10 minutes on the elliptical before finishing with some weight training on the legs. I laso went and bought a Polar FS1 heart monitor. to track my heart rate while doing the aerobic stuff.

If you want sympathy from us up in the frozen north, forgettaboutit :)

LOL Gometros!!! That was a good one!

And that's right Dave -- you get no sympathy whatsoever from those of us who are (or who are soon to be) freezing our Buns off in the frigid North!!!!

Complaining about the cold in Florida......

You lightweight!!!! wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Crazy Ates DECEMBER Exercise Challenge

kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gif

12/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

Pilates last night and spin today for a total of 6 days this month. Things have been a little slow since it's Christmas and I am spending so much time planning parties or going to them.

The morning workout from he**.

6850 steps walking, 30 minutes on the stationary bike and 30 minutes of weight training. All done before 8AM.

Ok, I'm gonna go pass out now...LOL

Greetings from the North Pole!

Well, I made it here very late last night. Unfortunately my luggage did not.

My coats, closed-toed shoes, gloves -- the works -- are all in my suitcase (wherever that may be).

I had to stand outside waiting for the rental car shuttle in 30 degree temperatures, wearing nothing but sandals, capris and a 3/4 sleeve tunic.

I am currently lounging luxuriously, and feeling so très chic in my brand new, genuine velour track suit that was purchased last night at the 24 hour grocery store.

Anyhow, I have surveyed the workout equipment at my hotel -- nothing special, but will try to get a workout in later IF they manage to find my luggage.

Keep your fingers crossed for me! Will check in later.

Crazy Ates DECEMBER Exercise Challenge

kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gif

12/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

2 more days down for me. I am having treadmill boredom. I seem to be losing doing it but it gets boring. I am going to try and mix it up a bit doing 30 minutes in the morning and 30 at night. It should help.

Frangipani - hang in there and I hope you get your luggage! That is great you are using the hotel gym. Good for you!