Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 7/5/2020 at 4:49 AM, MoominMan said:

Booked for bypass on August 10. Much sooner than I thought. I only really started seriously considering surgery two months ago. 😮

I'm August 10th too 😁

3 hours ago, denizzzzzz said:

My surgeon doesn’t allow Jello. It’s interesting to see the differences in the diets!

Mine allows sugar free Jello.

I’m starting the prep in the morning. I found this program on the App Store called Hourly Chime. It lets you set hourly reminders to drink your prep and Water. I also have Bariatastic but the reminders don’t always go off as they should. I had a final disappointing Italian dinner and 6 fun size snickers. I feel ready and very excited about the prep. I’m ready to roll!

I’m starting the prep in the morning. I found this program on the App Store called Hourly Chime. It lets you set hourly reminders to drink your prep and Water. I also have Bariatastic but the reminders don’t always go off as they should. I had a final disappointing Italian dinner and 6 fun size snickers. I feel ready and very excited about the prep. I’m ready to roll!

9 hours ago, perfektlynrml said:

It does sound like you're ready. Thanks for th he suggestion on the app. It will come in handy for other reminders, like drinking Water. I always forget. 🙄

9 hours ago, perfektlynrml said:

I noticed your surgery date is Aug 6. I wish you well, and let me know how you're doing.

My pre op appointment is Aug 11th. Hopefully August will be my month if not, there’s always September 😁

40 minutes ago, Ellen267 said:

My pre op appointment is Aug 11th. Hopefully August will be my month if not, there’s always September 😁

I took the time before I received a surgery date to figure out which shakes I liked best. I also tried eating certain meals as if I was post op. For example, I made very loose farina for the second post op stage. I also chewed more thoroughly to get used to doing that instead of eating fast. Practicing sipping Water is important too because I read that we can get pain afterwards if we gulp. There’s really plenty to work. One last thing I did was to listen to Bariatric themed podcasts by Reeger Cortell. She is a nurse practitioner for a Bariatric program and she has these lengthy podcasts on subjects of interest to those seeking weight loss surgery. Before you know it your surgery date will be on the horizon!

I am scheduled for 8/28/20. So far i like premier Proteins caramel and their chocolate. However post op i use a kit from Bariatric Advantage that is mandatory part of the program.

I am scheduled for my band to sleeve revision August 27th. I start my preop diet this Thursday.

I had my procedure on August 7th. I felt good a first but then couldn’t pee. They put a catheter in me and drained over a liter of pee. I stayed two days totally and I’m doing the stage 1 diet. Got only 20 grams of Protein yesterday but I am striving for double that today. I walked a lot in the hospital and walking at home too. Lots of gas bubbles! Not much pain at all. I’m not really hungry by my hubby just walked in with fast food and I can smell it. I swear they put something in the food to make it tempt you by smell alone. Regarding the procedure, It wasn’t as bad as I thought and it wasn’t as easy either if that makes sense.